Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
The New Mom's Manual: Over 800 Tips and Advice from Hundreds of Moms for…
No current Talk conversations about this book.
References to this work on external resources.
Wikipedia in English
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0812990706, Paperback)The Best Advice from the Best Experts -- Other Moms!
Who better to give you the real low-down on baby's first year than hundreds of other moms who have been there, changed that. Here are more than 800 tips from experienced moms who've contributed their favorite, most effective, and inventive solutions to help you cope with diapering, feeding, nursing and bottle-feeding, bathing, traveling, sleeping, crying, teething, playing, baby-proofing, postpartum adjustment, new-parent stress, spousal issues, and more. These mom-tested tips, amusing anecdotes, money- and time-saving ideas, safety hints, and heartfelt words of encouragement -- all approved by a Harvard Medical School pediatrician -- give you the real-life answers to all your baby-care questions.
Here are just a few of the gems you'll find in this book:
* To soothe colic, drape a warm towel over a large gym ball, put baby tummy-down, and roll her gently back and forth.
* Revive your Crock-Pot to warm bottles by your bedside.
* Toss a piece of coal into your diaper pail to eliminate odors.
* Use a paste of Kaopectate and cornstarch to clear up diaper rash.
* To soothe swollen breasts, try bags of frozen peas, warm tea bags, or disposable diapers filled with warm water.
* Make your own nonskid socks with 3-D fabric paint.
* Schedule wellness checkups for 1 p.m. so you get the first appointment after the lunch break -- less waiting!
(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:08 -0400)
No library descriptions found.
RatingAverage: No ratings.
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.