Mog and Bunny by Judith Kerr

Mog and Bunny (1988)

by Judith Kerr

Series: Mog (8)

59None199,458 (4.08)None

Mog, that adorably plump, somewhat befuddled cat who first appeared in Judith Kerr's Mog the Forgetful Cat, is back in this charming story, which details her devotion to her stuffed toy, Bunny. From the time that Bunny is first given to her, Mog keeps her leporine friend close by, playing with him, sleeping with him in her basket, and occasionally putting him in nice places (like her water bowl, underneath her human family's feet, or in the fruit bowl). When the Thomases are driven indoors by a rainstorm one day, they are surprised to discover that Mog hasn't fled with them. Where can she be, and why hasn't she come inside...?

The answer to this will be immediately apparent to readers who have been paying attention - clearly Mog is off somewhere with Bunny! - but it is still fun to see the story play out. Although I don't think Mog and Bunny was as entertaining as the first book about Mog, it was still immensely appealing. The artwork, in particular, is very well done, and I found myself chuckling in recognition, and smiling with fondness, when looking at some of Mog's antics and postures. What cat lover could look at a picture of a rotund little feline lolling about with her tummy in the air, and not be charmed? Certainly not this one! Recommended to cat lovers young and old, and to all Mog fans - I just wish my library system had all of this kitty-cat's adventures. ( )
1 vote AbigailAdams26 | Apr 19, 2013 |
Mog and Bunny was one of the very first books I remember reading to my daughter tabitha, and it was the first [of many] Mog books I bought. At that time Tabby was under two and I was trying to persuade her to get rid of an awful kewpie doll so she understood the concept of certain toys being unpopular!

What she did not understand though was rain: she did not remember having seen it and I had to demonstrate the concept by putting the hosepipe on and explaining how rain was like that, excpet the drops came from Heaven and they were all over.

Mog and bunny is the most delightful story and will appeal to adults and little ones alike since almost every family has experienced a battered smelly old toy that has long lost any resemblance to anything seen on God's earth, is filthy, smelly and mis-shapen, yet still dearly beloved by its owner. Charming. ( )
  adpaton | Dec 22, 2009 |

One day, Mog gets a present. The present is Bunny, who soon becomes Mog's favorite toy. So when Bunny goes missing, Mog goes missing too!

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:45:58 -0400)

Bunny is Mog's best thing. But one day Mrs Thomas says she is going to throw Bunny in the dustbin! 2-5 yrs.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,422,822 books! | Top bar: Always visible