Poison by Bridget Zinn

Poison

by Bridget Zinn

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS BOOK! It's such a fresh and new take on fairy tales and with a badass female character that you can't help but like, also a cute and cuddly sidekick, this book has everything a person is looking for if they want magic, murder, fighting, plot twists, and just a smidge of romance thrown in there. I would highly recommend this book to people. It's one of my faves. ( )
  danaaa_99 | Apr 6, 2016 |
This was a cute story with magical potions and an evil plot to take over the Kingdom of Mohr. I really liked Kyra as our MC and the "tracking" pig was a sweet touch. The story flowed easily and the plot unfolded in a manner that was easy to absorb...something that can get overly complex with fantasy worlds. The relationship between Kyra and Fred was neat and I liked all the surprises the author slipped in along their journey. As the story unfolded, I could easily picture a Pixar animated movie. It had that fairy tale feel to it. I'll look for more books by this author. ( )
  Becky_McKenna | Mar 10, 2016 |
This is a cute and whimsical fantasy story. Kyra and her relationship with her pig, Rosie, and Fred and his dog, Langley, are both absolutely adorable. There was plenty of action that kept the story moving, from Kyra’s interactions with the witch, fighting trolls, avoiding the army, meeting the gypsies, etc. There are quite a few flashbacks to Kyra spending time with Princess Arianna, and a lot of backstory is slowly introduced throughout the book. The slow introduction to the backstory is a nice way of creating surprise while reading. However, Kyra often came off uncaring and unemotional because we didn’t have full knowledge of the reasons she made certain decisions. I wanted a little bit more believability while I was reading. Overall, this was a charming little interlude amongst the more serious books I’ve been reading. I thoroughly enjoyed the world Kyra lived in and I was sad to read that the author passed with cancer, so I won’t get to live in Kyra’s world again. A recommended read for fantasy enthusiasts. ( )
  clockwork_serenity | Jan 23, 2016 |
  clockwork_serenity | Jan 23, 2016 |
A great adventure with a strong lead character. The book is fun, exciting, and unexpected. ( )
  LaPhenix | Nov 22, 2015 |
For Barrett
The Master Trio Potioners' flat didn't look impregnable.

When sixteen-year-old Kyra, a potions master, tries to save her kingdom by murdering the princess, who is also her best friend, the poisoned dart misses its mark and Kyra becomes a fugitive, pursued by the King's army and her ex-boyfriend Hal.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,532,080 books! | Top bar: Always visible