dismiss

Poison by Bridget Zinn

Poison

by Bridget Zinn

When sixteen-year-old Kyra, a potions master, tries to save her kingdom by murdering the princess, who is also her best friend, the poisoned dart misses its mark and Kyra becomes a fugitive, pursued by the King's army and her ex-boyfriend Hal.
Recently added byrena40, private library, pandaofhugs

You can check out more reviews by me on my blog:

* Note: I apologize in advance for the swearing in this review.. I got a little bit carried away..

__________________________________________________​
Suuuuuuuuper excited for [b:Poison|60510|Poison Study (Study, #1)|Maria V. Snyder|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1388519019s/60510.jpg|1180409]! ;D

And OHMIGODHAVEYOUSEENTHATPIGGLETTONTHECOVER??????
I think that calls for a little piggy love n'est-ce-pas?

Get it? Babe? As in, the pig? (:
.. No? You don't get it? Are you kidding me -.-
Oh well.. :/

Bet you wish you had such cute animals in you pre-read reviews huh? (:
Just saying.. If your post doesn't feature piglets or kittehs,

But don't go getting any funny ideas, don't even think about stealing it..

Oh.. And..

HAPPY HALLOWEEN !

Over & Out, T xx
  RichlyWritten | Sep 23, 2019 |
You can check out more reviews by me on my blog:

__________________________________________________​

And OHMIGODHAVEYOUSEENTHATPIGGLETTONTHECOVER??????
I think that calls for a little piggy love n'est-ce-pas?

Get it? Babe? As in, the pig? (:
.. No? You don't get it? Are you kidding me -.-
Oh well.. :/

Bet you wish you had such cute animals in you pre-read reviews huh? (:
Just saying.. If your post doesn't feature piglets or kittehs,

But don't go getting any funny ideas, don't even think about stealing it..

Oh.. And..

HAPPY HALLOWEEN !

Over & Out, T xx
  RichlyWritten | Sep 23, 2019 |
A cute fantasy adventure, with no big surprise but very agreeable to read. I think it should please children and teen who like fantasy. 3,5/5 ( )
  Sept | May 21, 2019 |
This was a cute and fun read for the summer. ( )
  StarKnits | Feb 6, 2019 |
What I wanted from this book was a no holds barred, kick-ass potion wielding heroine who would take me on a journey unlike any other I've read before and that is exactly what I got. Kyra is a strong character who faces a choice between her home and her best friend. She chose her home and all the people who live in it and tried but failed to kill her best friend who happens to be the princess. Only one thing drives her now - to complete her mission and save the kingdom but what happens when a handsome young traveler named Fred and a small and lovable pig start inching their way into her heart? Will Kyra be able to save the kingdom or is it destined to be destroyed?

You've got a poison maker, a charming companion, and two animals that fall for each other. All are a recipe for a great fantasy, adventure read. Kyra was exactly who I wanted and more out of a protagonist. She had resolve and heart. The "flashbacks" to her childhood with her best friend Ariana really gave me a sense of the impact and seriousness of what she attempted to do and what she still plans to do. You get to know her well and know who Kyra is as a person. But, when I thought I knew her I got a big shock in the end so there's a little room for twists in this story. Her friendship with Fred could be pretty funny sometimes because Fred was such a charmer but without going to the dark side of being an overly confident jerk. No, that's reserved for her ex who was a potionist just like her. Fred was the complete opposite of him. He basically had no faults. I would have preferred not so many references about how handsome he was made by Kyra but if I were standing next to a hot guy I may be repeating those words in my head too.

I really liked that Kyra was a fully developed character and I got to know about her so well. I love that she makes poisons and that she keeps them in needles and throws them at people. Don't worry it's to put people after her to sleep but, she does have access to other deadlier poisons as well. So the poison making was amazing and I'm happy that it was mentioned so much because who wouldn't want to read about poisons or potions being made? I also really liked that we got to see Kyra let people in. Well, one person and one adorable pig. I didn't get the mention of a pig in the summary, on the cover, and in other reviews. What is the reason for the pig I wondered? She actually makes perfect sense once you get into the story thank goodness because I was so worried about this pig ruining everything. I don't know why I just imagined it being introduced in a not so well thought out way.

Towards the end or when around more than half the book had gone by the story seemed a bit rushed in some places. I would have liked a bit slower pace and not such a nicely presented wrap up. Although, I feel like this book was meant to be a series. I found out while reading the authors bio when I was later into the story that Zinn passed away in 2011 (later found out it was because of colon cancer) which is so sad because she made such a great story and characters and of course because of the family that were left behind. Poison had fully developed, strong, and likable characters with a great adventure to boot. If you are a fantasy book lover or you like the idea of a kick ass heroine I would give this one a try. ( )
  AdrianaGarcia | Jul 10, 2018 |
For Barrett
The Master Trio Potioners' flat didn't look impregnable.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 146,278,116 books! | Top bar: Always visible