Poison by Bridget Zinn

Poison

by Bridget Zinn

I thoroughly enjoyed this one. I thought the world building and characterization was great. I only wish there was a little more at the end, but it sufficed as it was.

I'm also extremely sad that there will not be more from her. ( )
  Mirandalg14 | Aug 18, 2014 |
Plot: 3 stars
Characters: 3 stars
Style: 3 stars
Pace: 3 stars

Trite, predictable, and a quick read. Nothing much to pick on, but nothing to squeal (ha ha!) about either. ( )
  Jami_Leigh | Jun 22, 2014 |
Nothing is going the way 16 year old expert potions maker Kyra planned. She is on the run after trying to kill the princess in order to save the kingdom. Now she has the help of a scent pig to track the princess, if only the annoying Fred would quit turning up at difficult times . . . ( )
  TheMadHatters | Apr 21, 2014 |
Oooh, what a happy read!!! *Smiles* Poison is just a spectacular read that most people will enjoy! While the plot is not deep or heart pounding, it is just so fun that it keeps you on your toes.

Most parts in Poison are easy and light. And in "stressful" situations (such as running into a witch worthy of Hansel and Gretel) the author add enough humor into the predicament that the laughing readers will be more worried about their aching sides than the characters lives!

I loved, loved, loved all the fantasy elements. I prefer daggers in my stories to potions, but still Potioneer Kyra's mixtures were pretty cool. Also, magic, witches, and pigs with spells are always around the corner!

Kyra is a pretty darn awesome narrater. Although I did have tiny problems about her trying to kill her best friend, but in the end you learn more about that :) Plus, the whole assasin thing fit the story so I didn't mind that much. Kyra is feisty and a lot of fun. I am pretty sure everyone will enjoy reading about her!

Fred and the pig deserve their own separate paragraph. They are both so funny, cute, and sweet. Rosie, which is what Fred named the little pig, is a real unique sidekick for Kyra! Normally MC's have cats, or dogs, or even dragons as sidekicks. Not Kyra. She has a sweet pig that I would kill for. Fred fits Kyra perfectly. They are both somewhat ridiculous and have awesome banters.

This book is switched from present to past. We learn about Kyra before and after the assassination attempt. I found reading about Kyra and the princess's escapades as children highly amusing and lots o fun! Especially since both girls were strong willed and unique.

Overall, Poison is a masterpiece worthy of that pink little pig shown on the cover. The adventures of Kyra and Rosie are not to be missed.

4/5 bookcases ( )
  Emily_Anne | Mar 16, 2014 |
Though I truly delighted in every page of Poison, I can see where it might not be everybody’s cup of cocoa. It’s all going to depend on your expectations and what you’re into. Thankfully, I went in with fairly low expectations and a feeling that the book would be flufftastic. It IS. There is NOTHING wrong with some well done fluff, and I had a big grin on my face the whole way through, so what is better than that?

Read the full review at A Reader of Fictions. ( )
  A_Reader_of_Fictions | Feb 18, 2014 |
For Barrett
The Master Trio Potioners' flat didn't look impregnable.

When sixteen-year-old Kyra, a potions master, tries to save her kingdom by murdering the princess, who is also her best friend, the poisoned dart misses its mark and Kyra becomes a fugitive, pursued by the King's army and her ex-boyfriend Hal.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,313,849 books! | Top bar: Always visible