The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater

The Raven Boys

by Maggie Stiefvater

Series: The Raven Cycle (1)

ORIGINALLY POSTED: https://bibliomantics.com/2017/03/12/my-year-in-reading-cassie-las-february-2017-wrap-up/

As with many books my Spines with Wines compatriot Kristin begs me to read, I should have started The Raven Cycle long before I actually got around to it. From Welsh legends to mysterious boarding school boys, cryptic prophecies and one heck of a jaw-dropping twist, I definitely plan to finish this series sooner rather than later. ( )
  yrchmonger | Mar 12, 2017 |
I liked this book. It's pretty elaborate so it needs the readers full attention. I think I may have been a little to distracted by life while reading it, or I might have liked it even more. I still enjoyed it and would like to continue the series. It has lots of paranormal/supernatural elements, lots of psychic readings and magic rituals.
3.5 stars ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
3.5 stars ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
LOVE. I need more! I HAVE TO read the rest of this series! ( )
  beckyrenner | Dec 29, 2016 |
I started to read this book once and then about 15% of the way DNF'd it and didn't really think about it again, but my best friend told me to pick it back up again and read it. Since I trust her opinions I did that. While the writing wasn't bad and the characters were likeable (most of them anyway), I feel like this book just took me so, so, so long to read. The story telling is beautiful though and it does leave you wanting more. I'm pretty sure I'll continue with this series at some point. I would recommend this book, just make sure you set a lot of time aside. 4 out of 5 stars. ( )
  Beammey | Dec 15, 2016 |

Stiefvater, Maggieprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Patton, WillNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Deep into that darkness, long I stood

there, wondering, fearing,

Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever

dared to dream before...

~Edgar Allan Poe
A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.

~Oscar Wilde
For Brenna, who is good at looking for things
Prologue: Blue Sargent had forgotten how many times she'd been told that she would kill her true love.
Chapter 1: It was freezing in the churchyard, even before the dead arrived.

Walking spirits, true
Love, ley lines and the Welsh king
Owen Glendower.
(passion4reading)
Does Gansey's spirit
On the corpse road mean that Blue
Has killed him? Watch, wait.
(passion4reading)

Though she is from a family of clairvoyants, Blue Sargent's only gift seems to be that she makes other people's talents stronger, and when she meets Gansey, one of the Raven Boys from the expensive Aglionby Academy, she discovers that he has talents of his own--and that together their talents are a dangerous mix.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,204,791 books! | Top bar: Always visible