The raven boys by Maggie Stiefvater, 1981-

The raven boys (edition 2012)

by Maggie Stiefvater, 1981-

2,1662043,001 (4.11)131
Member:puttocklibrary
Title:The raven boys
Authors:Maggie Stiefvater, 1981-
Info:Scholastic Press (2012), hardcover
Collections:Read but unowned
Rating:*****
Tags:death, fantasy, fiction, psychics, ya

The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater

I was pleasantly surprised by my love for this book. I had heard great things, but a title character names Gansey was a bit of a concern! In all seriousness I loves the merging of all the elements in the story. The psychic abilities, agro-male ambition, teenage wisdom, and pure intrigue of Henrietta VA all came together to produce a really magical story. The development of many of the characters was shocking and mind boggling at times. As soon as I started to feel like I understood a character a new piece of their world or thought process was revealed to prove me wrong. I can't wait to learn more about Ronan in book 2, and about all the boys throughout the course of the series. However, I am most excited to see how Blue grows into her world. ( )
  sammaeb | Sep 13, 2016 |
So glad I picked up this book after literally years of my best friend telling me to! Had a hard time with the beginning of the book, as it felt very cliche, and lately I have had little patience for typical YA tropes. That being said, I was sucked in ny around page 60 and flew through it. I look forward to reading the next books! ( )
  watersgendry | Aug 18, 2016 |
Lots of interesting things going on in this first installment. Some things weren't a surprise, some were. The story is really good and the characters well defined. I liked Blue's family and the family Gansey made--comparing the two is fun. I love the magic and the psychic abilities. Very entertaining and engaging. ( )
  waclements7 | Jul 24, 2016 |
Omg why did I wait so long to read this one! I LOVED IT! I need to get my hands on the next book ASAP! ( )
  pennma05 | Jul 21, 2016 |

Stiefvater, Maggieprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Patton, WillNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Deep into that darkness, long I stood

there, wondering, fearing,

Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever

dared to dream before...

~Edgar Allan Poe
A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.

~Oscar Wilde
For Brenna, who is good at looking for things
Prologue: Blue Sargent had forgotten how many times she'd been told that she would kill her true love.
Chapter 1: It was freezing in the churchyard, even before the dead arrived.

Walking spirits, true
Love, ley lines and the Welsh king
Owen Glendower.
(passion4reading)
Does Gansey's spirit
On the corpse road mean that Blue
Has killed him? Watch, wait.
(passion4reading)

Though she is from a family of clairvoyants, Blue Sargent's only gift seems to be that she makes other people's talents stronger, and when she meets Gansey, one of the Raven Boys from the expensive Aglionby Academy, she discovers that he has talents of his own--and that together their talents are a dangerous mix.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,126,896 books! | Top bar: Always visible