The Raven Boys (Raven Boys Quartet) by…

The Raven Boys (Raven Boys Quartet) (edition 2012)

by Maggie Stiefvater

Member:KateOrmand
Title:The Raven Boys (Raven Boys Quartet)
Authors:Maggie Stiefvater
Info:Scholastic (2012), Edition: 1, Paperback, 464 pages
Collections:Your library, To read
Rating:*****

The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater

Full review is now up on my website:

Really enjoyed this - quite complex plotline, and very well developed, interesting characters, particularly Blue, Adam, Ronan, and Gansey, as well as a diverse range of supporting characters too. Looking forward to reading more from Maggie Stiefvater, this is the first novel I have read from this author. Will probably continue with this series as there are a lot of elements in The Raven Boys that I found intriguing, psychic activity, ghosts, magic, ley lines, ......

marjorie.mallon | Mar 27, 2019 |
6/8/2017 - This is still a 5 star read!!!

Last year when I read this book, I gave it 4 stars. Not sure if I was grumpy or in a bad mood, but this is most definitely a 5 star book. So glad I read it again. Although I really didn't mean to read it in less than 24 hours...oops! ( )
  tntbeckyford | Feb 16, 2019 |
Okay, I really enjoyed this book, but I'm a tad bit confused. Where did Neeve go? Why is Adam alive? And how the heck can Ronan... okay, I obviously need to keep reading! ( )
  kat_the_bookcat | Feb 7, 2019 |
This book is absolutely amazing! A magical realism novel that I truly couldn't put it down!! Beautifully written and compelling, with memorable characters. I was completed invested in each of them!
The story started out slowly, but then I couldn't stop reading. The Raven Boys is a book that deserves to be savoured, a lot more complex and mysterious than I thought it would be. It’s a unique story!
The ending left me wanting so much more!!

Seriously, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this Series. ( )
  BookishKelly | Feb 4, 2019 |
OH MY GOODNESSAKDLGKAJGOAJROTJLGJAFLG

At night, Henrietta felt like magic, and at night, magic felt like it might be a terrible thing.
Every time I read the description of this book, I was even more confused about what it was about. It came across as a ghost version of Twilight (and with Maggie Stiefvater's track record with Shiver, no wonder) but the constant hype surrounding it, even after all these years, finally won me over.

The cover helped too.

I LOVED THIS! The characters are all amazing, and even when a certain character's existence felt unnecessary at first, by the end they were properly justified and I felt an emotional connection to them. I LOVE the boys themselves. They're all such wonderful, well-rounded characters. I really liked Blue as well, and her wacky family stole my heart.

Can we just talk about how Ronan--Ronan of all people; the scary angst king--is the mother of a baby raven? Because MY HEART CAN'T TAKE IT!

"You're looking for a god. Didn't you suspect that there was also a devil?"
The themes are amazing. The imagery is perfect. The intrigue and connections and mystery were masterful. This is spooky and heartfelt and real and magical. It's everything I didn't think it would be. I laughed, I cried, I had a good time.

Thank you, Maggie Stiefvater. Thank you GR friends, for keeping this on my newsfeed.

She recognized the strange happiness that came from loving something without knowing why you did, that strange happiness that was sometimes so big that it felt like sadness. It was the way she felt when she looked at the stars. ( )
  Faith_Murri | Jan 5, 2019 |

Stiefvater, Maggieprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Patton, WillNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Deep into that darkness, long I stood

there, wondering, fearing,

Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever

dared to dream before...

~Edgar Allan Poe
A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.

~Oscar Wilde
For Brenna, who is good at looking for things
Prologue: Blue Sargent had forgotten how many times she'd been told that she would kill her true love.
Chapter 1: It was freezing in the churchyard, even before the dead arrived.

Walking spirits, true
Love, ley lines and the Welsh king
Owen Glendower.
(passion4reading)
Does Gansey's spirit
On the corpse road mean that Blue
Has killed him? Watch, wait.
(passion4reading)

Every year, Blue Sargent stands next to her clairvoyant mother as the soon-to-be dead walk past. Blue herself never sees them--not until this year, when a boy emerges from the dark and speaks directly to her. His name is Gansey, and Blue soon discovers that he is a rich student at Aglionby, the local private school. Blue has a policy of staying away from Aglionby boys. Known as Raven Boys, they can only mean trouble. But Blue is drawn to Gansey, in a way she can't entirely explain. He has it all--family money, good looks, devoted friends--but he's looking for much more than that. He is on a quest that has encompassed three other Raven Boys: Adam, the scholarship student who resents all the privilege around him; Ronan, the fierce soul who ranges from anger to despair; and Noah, the taciturn watcher of the four, who notices many things but says very little. For as long as she can remember, Blue has been warned that she will cause her true love to die. She never thought this would be a problem. But now, as her life becomes caught up in the strange and sinister world of the Raven Boys, she's not so sure anymore.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,122,921 books! | Top bar: Always visible