Nightshifted by Cassie Alexander

Nightshifted (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Cassie Alexander

Authors:Cassie Alexander
Info:St. Martin's Paperbacks (2012), Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages

Nightshifted by Cassie Alexander (2012)

This just somehow didn't work for me. Part of it was the repeated wrong choices Edie kept making - and her brother, and Anna, and...far too many others. It's also rather too grim and gritty for me, too many points of hopelessness where there _weren't_ any right choices to make. I read the first third or so last year, gave up, restarted in January, put it down with about three (short) chapters to go and just now (in June) picked it up and finished it. I did remember what was going on, and who people were, so it had that going for it - I'd usually be confused, after so long a break - but clearly it's not a book that caught me. I have the second book, and I might try it. But probably not. ( )
  jjmcgaffey | Jun 9, 2015 |
pretty good on all the key points but nothing was outstanding. ( )
  jason9292 | Jun 3, 2015 |
I'm by no means qualified to be a book reviewer - I like things too easily. It's all I really require from my entertainment, and this book was great for me. This is NOT great literature. It's a fast read, with an interesting story and likable characters. I thought of it as a cross between an Anita Blake novel and Nightwatch. So, you know, if you didn't like either of those, you probably wouldn't like this. ( )
  Xandylion | Jan 19, 2015 |
Edie is a little bit of everything for me in this book. She is loving with her brother and she is a kickass heroine and she is kind and loyal and she soo wonderful over all. Things are always bound to happen when you work with the supernatural world I guess. It makes a great series. ( )
  Aly3636 | Jan 8, 2015 |
Love the concept, but I kind of disliked the main character. She made a lot of stupid choices - yes, required by the plot, but still. And the male characters were sort of annoying. But it was good enough that I'll give the 2nd one a try and see how the character grows. ( )
  4hounds | Jan 1, 2015 |

From debut author Cassie Alexander comes a spectacular new urban fantasy series where working the nightshift can be a real nightmare.Nothing compares to being Nightshifted.

Cassie Alexander is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,668,812 books! | Top bar: Always visible