MURDER IN A BASKET by Amanda Flower

MURDER IN A BASKET (edition 2012)

by Amanda Flower

205515,329 (3.58)None
Member:smik
Title:MURDER IN A BASKET
Authors:Amanda Flower
Info:Five Star (2012), Hardcover, 284 pages
Tags:comic, murder mystery, American author

Murder in a Basket by Amanda Flower

A tightly plotted comical cozy with threads and quirky characters that connect it to the author's debut mystery novel MAID OF MURDER and that ensure there is plenty of scope for #3 in the series.

Librarian India Hayes can't help herself. If there is a mystery she is drawn to investigate it, and a murder is irresistible. There are plenty of reasons, two million dollars worth in this case, why someone would have murdered basket weaver Tess Ross, but in the long run I was caught surprised. For most of the book I thought the perpetrator was pretty obvious and that India was just being thick. The police predictably arrest the wrong person. In the long run India gets it right.

A light enjoyable, sometimes fluffy, read. If you like comedy with your murder you'll like this, possibly a bit more than I did (I like mine a bit more noir). ( )
  smik | Jan 28, 2013 |
A light, quick-read mystery. College librarian India Hayes finds the body of a basket weaver at a Founders' Day Festival. When the woman's son asks her to help, she tries to find the murderer and the motive. She encounters family disfunction, partly based on the $2 million inheritance given to a dog which the the victim was named to care for.
My major complaint is the use of the incompetent, eccentric side-kick, in this case India's landlady. ( )
  Judiex | Aug 6, 2012 |
Mild mannered college librarian India Hayes returns! Setting the stage in this mystery is the Stripling Founders' Festival. India's strong willed sister Carmen is in charge, and India is manning a booth. I enjoyed this as much as India's first story. Her family and co-workers are suitably quirky for the style of the story and the mystery was just twisty enough to keep my interest. I hope to read many more stories with India as the lead. ( )
  ethel55 | Feb 27, 2012 |
Even better than Amanda Flower's first book, this mystery combines her quirky characters from the first book with a harder to guess at solution that left me jumping between several possible scenarios right until the very end. I loved it! ( )
  SherylHendrix | Feb 12, 2012 |

After basker weaver Tess Ross is found murdered, college librarian India Hayes must parter with her landlady, Ina Carroll, to find the murderer, all while caring for Tess' chocolate-colored labradoodle, which has a $2 million trust in his name. By the author of Maid of Murder--Novelist.… (more)

Amanda Flower is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,974,995 books! | Top bar: Always visible