I Survived #5: I Survived the San Francisco…

I Survived #5: I Survived the San Francisco Earthquake, 1906 (edition 2012)

by Lauren Tarshis

Member:xtina2008
Title:I Survived #5: I Survived the San Francisco Earthquake, 1906
Authors:Lauren Tarshis
Info:Scholastic Paperbacks (2012), Edition: Original, Paperback, 112 pages
Collections:YA
Rating:****1/2
Tags:Lauren Tarshis, realistic fiction, historical fiction, adventure, action, earthquake, San Francisco, elementary, middle school, children's, reluctant readers

I Survived #5: I Survived the San Francisco Earthquake, 1906 by Lauren Tarshis

Very interesting book showcasing San Francisco in the early 1900s. While the story is very far-fetched, I found the plot engaging and the book was well written for a younger audience. It was also a quick read. ( )
  SparklePonies | Feb 22, 2013 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0545206995, Paperback)

The terrifying details of the 1906 San Francisco earthquake jump off the page!

The I SURVIVED series continues with another thrilling story of a boy caught in one of history's most terrifying disasters!

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:03:30 -0400)

Ten-year-old Leo loves being a newsboy in San Francisco -- not only does he get to make some money to help his family, he's free to explore the amazing, hilly city as it changes and grows with the new century. Horse-drawn carriages share the streets with shiny new automobiles, new businesses and families move in every day from everywhere, and anything seems possible. But early one spring morning, everything changes. Leo's world is shaken -- literally -- and he finds himself stranded in the middle of San Francisco as it crumbles and burns to the ground. Does Leo have what it takes to survive this devastating disaster?… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,620,618 books! | Top bar: Always visible