Who Could That Be at This Hour? by Lemony…

"Who Could That Be at This Hour?" (edition 2012)

by Lemony Snicket, Seth (Illustrator)

Member:foggidawn
Title:"Who Could That Be at This Hour?"
Authors:Lemony Snicket
Other authors:Seth (Illustrator)
Info:Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (2012), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 272 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Rating:***
Tags:JFIC, mystery, read november 2012

"Who Could That Be at This Hour?" by Lemony Snicket

The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart (Authoress)
    Authoress: Orphaned and semi-orphaned children are chosen to join a secret organization

This book is about a boy named Lemony Snicket, who is now in a job as an apprentice for another person named S. Theodora Markson. It started in a café, when she walked in telling Lemony to go to an alley in the back of the building to a green roadster. He goes, then being driven to another town called stained' by the sea. They get a case to capture a stolen item that wasn't stolen at all. They get the item, but never return it to the owner who said it was stolen. The plot of the story is based on the object called the Bombinating Beast, and how Lemony deals with it.

I think the book is somewhat well-written, and really like books from Lemony Snicket. I also enjoy all the vocabulary inside the book. S. Theodora Markson, and Lemony Snicket, both try to stump each other with their vocabulary. When reading, you can sort of feel yourself in Lemony's state of mind. He encounters many people, and doesn't ever think of what he should be thinking. ( )
  ethanw.b1 | Feb 15, 2015 |
Too stylized. I was disappointed, but it was almost unreadable. ( )
1 vote picardyrose | Nov 23, 2014 |
This book is great! It has something for everyone. There is adventure, mystery, excitement, suspense, and comedy. I enjoyed it so much I couldn't wait to start the next one. ( )
  SampsonK | Nov 11, 2014 |
Number one in a new Lemony Snicket series. Entertaining, read on e-reader. ( )
  SarahStenhouse | Oct 9, 2014 |
I've got mixed feelings on this book. It involves a young Lemony Snicket as he is on a search for a "stolen" statue that is very reminiscent of the Maltese Falcon. I'm with other reviewers as this one seems to be just a set up for the series to follow. No real mysteries are resolved in this one and it kind of ends on a cliffhanger. I do want to read the next book in the series just to see where it goes however. The ending of this one involves his sister getting into trouble but it's only eluded to. ( )
  ChrisWeir | Jul 27, 2014 |

Lemony Snicketprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
SethIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
There was a town, and there was a girl, and there was a theft. I was living in the town, and i was hired to investigate the theft, and I thought the girl had nothing to do with it. I was almost thirteen and I was wrong.

In a fading town, far from anyone he knew or trusted, a young Lemony Snicket began his apprenticeship in an organization nobody knows about. He started by asking questions that shouldn't have been on his mind. Now he has written an account that should not be published, in four volumes that shouldn't be read. This is the first volume.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:26:02 -0400)

Thirteen-year-old Lemony Snicket begins his apprenticeship with S. Theodora Markson of the secretive V.F.D. in the tiny dot of a town called Stain'd By The Sea, where he helps investigate the theft of a statue.

59 wanted6 pay7 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 95,710,151 books! | Top bar: Always visible