Who Could That Be at This Hour? by Lemony…

"Who Could That Be at This Hour?" (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Lemony Snicket, Seth (Illustrator)

Member:foggidawn
Title:"Who Could That Be at This Hour?"
Authors:Lemony Snicket
Other authors:Seth (Illustrator)
Info:Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (2012), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 272 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Rating:***
Tags:JFIC, mystery, read november 2012

"Who Could That Be at This Hour?" by Lemony Snicket (2012)

The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart (Authoress)
    Authoress: Orphaned and semi-orphaned children are chosen to join a secret organization

Too stylized. I was disappointed, but it was almost unreadable. ( )
  picardyrose | Nov 23, 2014 |
This book is great! It has something for everyone. There is adventure, mystery, excitement, suspense, and comedy. I enjoyed it so much I couldn't wait to start the next one. ( )
  SampsonK | Nov 11, 2014 |
Number one in a new Lemony Snicket series. Entertaining, read on e-reader. ( )
  SarahStenhouse | Oct 9, 2014 |
I've got mixed feelings on this book. It involves a young Lemony Snicket as he is on a search for a "stolen" statue that is very reminiscent of the Maltese Falcon. I'm with other reviewers as this one seems to be just a set up for the series to follow. No real mysteries are resolved in this one and it kind of ends on a cliffhanger. I do want to read the next book in the series just to see where it goes however. The ending of this one involves his sister getting into trouble but it's only eluded to. ( )
  ChrisWeir | Jul 27, 2014 |
Well, rats. I know this is supposed to be another series, but as I read this to my son, we both found ourselves not entranced, but frustrated. It was like the author was trying to cram all the issues for the series into his first book with very little to cling to. We decided we would skip the rest of the series.

However, A Series of Unfortunate Events remains one of my favorites. Zack isn't quite as thrilled, but he has a literal mind and the nuances were lost on him, and those are what make this particular series delightful and clever.

But anyway. Sorry, but nope on the new series. ( )
  limamikealpha | Jun 5, 2014 |

Lemony Snicketprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
SethIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
There was a town, and there was a girl, and there was a theft. I was living in the town, and i was hired to investigate the theft, and I thought the girl had nothing to do with it. I was almost thirteen and I was wrong.

In a fading town, far from anyone he knew or trusted, a young Lemony Snicket began his apprenticeship in an organization nobody knows about. He started by asking questions that shouldn't have been on his mind. Now he has written an account that should not be published, in four volumes that shouldn't be read. This is the first volume.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:26:02 -0400)

Thirteen-year-old Lemony Snicket begins his apprenticeship with S. Theodora Markson of the secretive V.F.D. in the tiny dot of a town called Stain'd By The Sea, where he helps investigate the theft of a statue.

59 wanted6 pay4 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,450,027 books! | Top bar: Always visible