Iced: A Dani O'Malley Novel (Fever…

Iced: A Dani O'Malley Novel (Fever Series) (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Karen Marie Moning

Member:ufreview
Title:Iced: A Dani O'Malley Novel (Fever Series)
Authors:Karen Marie Moning
Info:Delacorte Press (2012), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 512 pages
Rating:*****

Iced by Karen Marie Moning (Author) (2012)

Another book that held me captive in the Fever world. I loved hearing things from Dani's perspective. I also found it intriguing to read things from Christian and Kat's point of view. I wish we could have seen the whole confrontation between Dani and Mac and I absolutely can not WAIT for the next book. The 9 are as mysterious and lovable as ever, even when you hate these guys you love them! This book was fantastic and I hope Moning keeps writing in this world! ( )
  MynTop | Apr 8, 2016 |
I didn’t realize I missed Dublin and Dani as much as I did. Seriously, I was so happy to be taken back to this world. The thoughts in my head were even in an Irish accent. Seriously y’all, I may have problems. :P
I always forget how young Dani really is. She has to deal with major ish, but she’s still just a baby. I do love that she stands up for herself, no matter how big and bad the person bullying her is. That brings me to Ryodan. I never realized how much he reminds me of Barrons, when we first met him. I mean seriously, dude is a D bag sometimes. I was so excited we get to see Christian again, but he’s totally not the same. He’d have ok moments, and then I’d want to knock the hell out of him. I love Dancer (not sure if his name is spelled right since I listened to this book.) He’s charismatic, and I think wold be a good match for Dani. He’s also incredibly intelligent.
Iced is fast paced, and fun to listen to. Even in the darker moments, Dani has a way of bringing humor to the forefront. It’s also fun seeing Dani and Ryodan interact. I don’t think he’s met anyone that isn’t scared to push his buttons. We get a small peak at Mac & Barrons. I’m hoping we see a little more of them as the series progresses. ( )
  BookishThings | Mar 23, 2016 |
Holy Sonic Booms!! Loved this new addition to the wonderful world of Moning! At first I was a little scepticle on how she was going to pull of Dani's character in a romance but of course, it's Moning-I think she can do a hell of a lot of things I dont expect. Have no fear, there is no pedophilia or anything of the sort-but she does a fantastic job of making you forget your in the mind of a 14 year old. Can't wait for the next edition to the Dani O'Malley series! One billion percent worth the read!
  AshleyMichele | Feb 13, 2016 |
I waited for this book, 'needed' this book for so long I was afraid to start it once I had it in my hands. I had so many expectations. I was peppered with doubts after reading some of the reviews. I know better, we can't all love the same books, it's impossible. But I hesitated and set it aside while I keep reading the reviews. Finally, I got off my, sheep herding arse and read the book ! Baaa, no more. LOL
I loved it, LOVED IT, it had all the beginnings of another edge of my seat series. I could see so many potential portals for her to jump into, the possibilities are amazing. The world has changed forever, none of the old rules stand. Life has to find a new path or extinguish.
The new Fae nasties are pure wicked, killing machines. They are so well written I could even smell one of them. (ICK) There are two unrelenting killers , only one will be finished and one will take more that one of the major characters lives. It's really wonderfully graphically gross !
Dani, the little red headed fire cracker is in no way a little girl. She is young in years, but aged in life lessons, her life has been brutal. She has grown up in a harsh ugly truth that horrifies the mother in me. Her past has hardened her, not blackened her heart. She cares for the ones around her, even when it's best not too. She understands the world she lives in. The Sex by Death Fae, the Unseelie, the Seelie, the beasts and their carnal desires, she knows of this part of her world. She needs to know this to survive. Her close 'friends' are not crossing the lines with her and she will not allow anyone to until she is ready. She is a character to cheer for, she is a survivor. I can't wait to see what she grows into.
The men, macho self absorbed ego driven alpha males plus ! Okay not fair, Dancer is soft, smart, beta material with the brain of a genius. Ryodan and Christian seem focused of protecting Dani from each other and the world. Christian wants her for one reason and Ryodan wants her for ? Perhaps just to be his Robin. I am sure it will become more clear as the series develops.
Short sell- Batman and Robin team up to fight Mr.Freeze.
Cliffhanger ending, muhahahahha. At least it was not a brutal one, more of a soft cliffhanger.

I can't wait for the next book ! ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
Although not my usual genre, I tore right through the first 5 books of the Fever series. So, I had no doubt I’d read Iced even though I wasn’t crazy about the adolescent brashness of Dani and I was concerned that it would be too YA for me. The story is told mostly from the viewpoint of a 14 year old, so it is definitely geared more to the YA market than the prior books. Dani rants and rages a bit too much for me and I found her constant use of “feck” and “dude” to be annoying. However she became more endearing to me as the story progressed and she started to grow up a bit.

It was great to be back in Dublin after the wall crash. Royden and Christian are both compelling characters and some new players are quite interesting—particularly Dancer and Lor. I look forward to seeing what happens next and expect I will enjoy the series even more as Dani matures. ( )
  Bluebird1 | Jan 14, 2016 |

Dani O'Malley uses her rare talents and the powerful Sword of Light to survive Dark Fae attacks in Dublin, where she is also challenged by a murderous former friend and a police force head who covets her sword.

349 wanted3 pay7 pay

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Iced: A Fever Novel by Karen Marie Moning was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,353,301 books! | Top bar: Always visible