Iced: A Dani O'Malley Novel (Fever…

Iced: A Dani O'Malley Novel (Fever Series) (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Karen Marie Moning

Title:Iced: A Dani O'Malley Novel (Fever Series)
Authors:Karen Marie Moning
Info:Delacorte Press (2012), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 512 pages

Iced by Karen Marie Moning (Author) (2012)

Darkfever was a great introduction to what I thought was going to be a fun urban fantasy series but Iced sure iced that idea. First, the Hoar Frost King was built up like a mystery - which it was not. And then there were the grown men lusting after a 14 y/o. Not to mention a Catholic school girl themed sub club complete with 'kiddie' costumed cocktail waitresses summoned upstairs to, uhm. You get the picture. All I can say about this book is yuck!

I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads program. ( )
  wandaly | Jun 30, 2016 |
Dani is doing her Mega Superhero thing watching over what humans she can in Dublin, hiding from Mac, hanging with her brainy friend Dancer, and killing all the fae she can with her sword. Ryodan, the owner of Chester's night club, has taken in an interest in her. He forces her into his "employ" and sets her on the path of solving the mysterious "iced" places in Dublin. Meanwhile, our old, Druid friend Christian is almost all the way through his transformation into an Unseelie Prince, and he's also got designs on Dani.

If you haven't read the five books in the "Fever" Series, this is all Greek to you. Read those 5 books before this one.It was just an okay book. Parts of it were kinda "creepy". Like this man's attraction, (even if he is several thousand years old), to a 14 year old girl. I really liked Karen Marie Moning's "Highlander" series that she wrote years ago. I have read all the "Fever" books, but they just aren't as good as her first efforts. This is the first book in her new series but it actually is a continuation of the "Fever" series just a different leading character and a different perspective. Really should get 2.5 stars ( )
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
So I decided to change my original rating of 5 stars to 4 stars, mainly because of creeper Christian. Not sure why I just completely overlooked this on the first time around but it was just awful. I loved him in all the Mac books but now, well just eww. Other than that I loved it. I love the whole fever world. Moning knows how to suck you into the story.
I'm not usually into Fae books, but I am now more willing to give them a try after reading this series. I'm excited to finally get to read Burned! ( )
  LenaR0307 | May 30, 2016 |
Another book that held me captive in the Fever world. I loved hearing things from Dani's perspective. I also found it intriguing to read things from Christian and Kat's point of view. I wish we could have seen the whole confrontation between Dani and Mac and I absolutely can not WAIT for the next book. The 9 are as mysterious and lovable as ever, even when you hate these guys you love them! This book was fantastic and I hope Moning keeps writing in this world! ( )
  MynTop | Apr 8, 2016 |
I didn’t realize I missed Dublin and Dani as much as I did. Seriously, I was so happy to be taken back to this world. The thoughts in my head were even in an Irish accent. Seriously y’all, I may have problems. :P
I always forget how young Dani really is. She has to deal with major ish, but she’s still just a baby. I do love that she stands up for herself, no matter how big and bad the person bullying her is. That brings me to Ryodan. I never realized how much he reminds me of Barrons, when we first met him. I mean seriously, dude is a D bag sometimes. I was so excited we get to see Christian again, but he’s totally not the same. He’d have ok moments, and then I’d want to knock the hell out of him. I love Dancer (not sure if his name is spelled right since I listened to this book.) He’s charismatic, and I think wold be a good match for Dani. He’s also incredibly intelligent.
Iced is fast paced, and fun to listen to. Even in the darker moments, Dani has a way of bringing humor to the forefront. It’s also fun seeing Dani and Ryodan interact. I don’t think he’s met anyone that isn’t scared to push his buttons. We get a small peak at Mac & Barrons. I’m hoping we see a little more of them as the series progresses. ( )
  BookishThings | Mar 23, 2016 |

Dani O'Malley uses her rare talents and the powerful Sword of Light to survive Dark Fae attacks in Dublin, where she is also challenged by a murderous former friend and a police force head who covets her sword.

311 wanted3 pay7 pay

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Iced: A Fever Novel by Karen Marie Moning was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,686,943 books! | Top bar: Always visible