Timekeeper by Alexandra Monir

Timekeeper

by Alexandra Monir

Series: Timeless (2)

Book: 4/5

Well, it wasn't as wonderful as the first one (yeah, I know, I was iffy about how I felt initially when I read the last word of Timeless but after a few days, my heart gave in all the way and I fell in love but this isn't about Timeless, so I digress...)

I liked it...But didn't love it and definitely didn't hate it..That's why it got a 4 out of 5 instead of the full 5 out of 5..I don't want to say too much about it because I don't want to give any spoilers..But some parts of the book..I'm glad she finally got to do...

And of course, the love between Philip and Michelle in her time is expected (hey, it says it in the summary, so no, its not a spoiler..lol)...But, there isn't a whole lot to say about it except that it's worth reading..Especially if you read and liked Timeless but do NOT go into Timekeeper expecting the same thing you got out of Timeless, especially if you loved it. Just go into it expecting some kind of closure from the first book. Im not sure if there is going to be another one or not. But the way it ended...It could either just stop here...or go on to another book. So, I guess we will see. :-) ( )
  MsBridgetReads | Jul 8, 2014 |

OBridget1 | May 4, 2014 |

BridgetsBookNook | Feb 6, 2014 |
TIMEKEEPER by Alexandra Monir begins right where Timeless left off and dives right into the mystery of how Philip is in the future. We also get the reasons why her grandparents seem mysterious and tumble head first down the rabbit hole with Michele’s father and find out why Michele can travel in time.

I really enjoyed the background story we get in this book about the time traveling and the mysterious Time Society. Alexandra Monir has interspersed passages from the Timekeeper Handbook with the chapters, as well as entries from Irving’s (Michele’s father) journal. These passages add the background we need without having the characters talk it out in dialogue, which I liked. The villain of TIMEKEEPER is Rebecca, a creepy character who comes from the past but has dire effects on Michele’s 21st century present. And while I did enjoy how diabolical Rebecca is as a character,I found her timeline confusing! I’ve so far been able to keep Michele’s, Philip’s and Irving’s timelines in order, hers I just found odd, and the ending scene when the same event seems to play out in multiple times really made me scratch my head for a moment.

Michele definitely does a bit more growing up through this book, though the action is still so fast paced that I feel we really don’t get to see as much of her inner characters as I’d like. Philip’s presence in Michele’s original time is a great mystery to solve and I liked the explanation for it. Caissie, Michele’s friend, also has a bit of a bigger role to play this time around and lends a new facet to the whole Rebecca plot line and unwittingly manages to help Michele discover more about her father, her time traveling, and some answers to the big old “why me” and “what’s happening”.

TIMEKEEPER by Alexandra Monir is one of those sequels that really pick up from the first book and keep the ball rolling. Everything is changing for Michele, and not always for the better. There are hints of things to come that could be very bad, and I definitely don’t think we’ve seen the last of Rebecca. I’ll be interested to see where the series goes in relation to Michele’s time traveling and her relationship with Philip. And while I’m not a fan of the insta-love, at least Michele’s and Philip’s relationship has some obstacles to overcome in their course of true love. I’m looking forward to a book three. ( )
  thekams | Mar 29, 2013 |
If you like romance and time travel this is the book for you. It was a quick but good read. ( )
  TeamDewey | Mar 25, 2013 |

Bewildered by a new student at her Manhattan high school who does not know her but seems to be Philip Walker, her lost love from her time travels, and threatened by Rebecca, who has held a grudge against her family for 120 years, sixteen-year-old Michele Windsor seeks help in her father journals and The Handbook of The Time Society.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,436,201 books! | Top bar: Always visible