The Annihilation of Foreverland by Tony…

The Annihilation of Foreverland (edition 2012)

by Tony Bertauski

Title:The Annihilation of Foreverland
Authors:Tony Bertauski
Info:Bertauski (2012), Paperback, 316 pages

The Annihilation of Foreverland by Tony Bertauski

Idlewild by Nick Sagan (simon211175)
    simon211175: Both contain elements of a VR world. similar writing styles.

The Annihilation of Foreverland (Foreverland #1) by Tony Bertauski and Paul Licameli as narrator is a terrific sci-fi novel that is terrifying and awesome at the same time. I won this book from the author and am so glad I did. I have been putting off listening to it to I would go on a long trip but since that doesn't seem to be happening, I decided just to listen, wow, it took a week! I had listened to books in the car when I worked and it helped get to work faster. I forgot how long books on audio are. I read fast so I forgot. The narrator did such an awesome job, his voice was perfect for this book. It gave just the right creepy vibe, sorry Mr Licameli but it did. I sat there and was lost in this other world and then creeped out because, were they in this world or were they in the computer world? Which was real and which wasn't? Were they awake or not? You never knew when or who was awake, manipulating things, it was soooo creepy. I loved it. It made you guess, there were so many twists, turns, and surprises I didn't dare miss anything! Thank you Mr Bertauski for the chance to listen to this, it was awesome. Now, The Seeds of Forever makes more sense! To have someone insert a probe into your head and you are able to create your own universe and then begin to control others, creepy! Oh, and not remember your own life, just the scrambled fake background thoughts someone filled in for you. Double creepy. I picked up more Foreverland, book form, so I can get through them faster, lol. Thanks for getting me started! ( )
  MontzaleeW | Aug 27, 2016 |
Fantastic YA dystopia! I don't know why I hadn't heard of either this series or the author before, as this is a must read for fans of the genre. I can't really talk about the plot as it is slowly revealed as the book moves forward. We do have a group of boys on a deserted island, their memories have been wiped clean and inserted with many conflicting false memories. They get to do what they want most of the time except they must play video game tournaments and go to classes which are pure discussion, no tests or paperwork. Sounds fun, right? They even get to go to Foreverland where the impossible can happen. But getting to Foreverland is a nightmare. It's an interesting, exciting and somewhat frightening world they live in as the reader along with a couple of rogue boys tries to figure out what it going on. I pretty much guessed by the middle of the book but only the basic concept there were many more secrets to be revealed right up to the end.The writing is great, teen dialogue is realistic. Both the suspense and the pure curiosity of what the heck was going on had me turning pages all day long into the wee hours of the night. Unfortunately, sleep overtook me and I had to read the final 10% as soon as I woke up. I've already added the sequel to my line-up of future tbrs. ( )
  ElizaJane | Jul 5, 2016 |
[The Annihilation of Foreverland] by [Tony Bertauski] is a wild ride with lots of plot twists and action. The premise of using a technology to tap into others minds and youth has been explored before but this was a new and creative take on it. It was almost like a modern [Lord of the Flies] with a tech twist. ( )
  MsHooker | Oct 18, 2015 |
If it were a stand-alone, not at all bad, though I did see the twist without very much trouble and body-swapping is becoming a bit stale as a sci-fi theme. As a trilogy, though, I think it's going to get laborious and I don't plan on reading the subsequent two books. ( )
  CurrerBell | Aug 16, 2015 |

I got this book for free, in exchange for an honest review from Making Connections. Get your copy here.

the cover is beautiful

the beginning-creepy and unsettling- sets the right mood for the book

there is never a boring moment

the sense of creepiness throughout the book could be clearly felt and the scenes of the ordeal that the boys had to go through to reach Foreverland were my favorite.

I pretty much guessed what was going on halfway through the book-this was due to the fact that the target audience for this book is young adults.

the whole issue about who Lucinda was and whether it was “possible” was on shaky ground. Maybe it just needed to be explained further.

My favorite character was the sidekick because of the strength he shows in coming back & helping Danny Boy.

This is a really good YA novel-fans of the genre should give it a try.

Also reviewed at:
PBD Blog
Shelfari ( )
  MiduHadi | Jul 5, 2015 |

OVER 40,000 DOWNLOADS IN 2012!

When kids awake on an island, they’re told there was an accident. Before they can go home, they will visit Foreverland, an alternate reality that will heal their minds.

Reed dreams of a girl that tells him to resist Foreverland. He doesn’t remember her name, but knows he once loved her. He’ll have to endure great suffering and trust his dream. And trust he’s not insane.

Danny Boy, the new arrival, meets Reed’s dream girl inside Foreverland. She’s stuck in the fantasy land that no kid can resist. Where every heart’s desire is satisfied. Why should anyone care how Foreverland works?

Other books by Tony Bertauski (Bertauski.com)

Claus: Legend of the Fat Man (Fantasy/Sci-fi)

The Discovery of Socket Greeny (YA/Sci-fi) FREE!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:12 -0400)

Tony Bertauski is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,792,473 books! | Top bar: Always visible