Low Pressure by Sandra Brown

Low Pressure (edition 2012)

by Sandra Brown

Member:BookWormRflects
Title:Low Pressure
Authors:Sandra Brown
Info:Grand Central Publishing (2012), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 480 pages
Rating:*****

Low Pressure by Sandra Brown (Author)

Sandra Brown is always enjoyable to read. She brings her characters to life, sucks you into the story so you feel like you are watching a movie and she throws a lot of twists and turns that usually you don't know who did it until the end. I really enjoyed this book. I cared for the characters, I thought I knew who did it and I kept changing my mind. It takes place in a very short time and she does wrap it up in the end. I recommend this book if you like a fast pace and twist and turns. ( )
  MHanover10 | Jul 10, 2016 |
Definitely a page-turner, but not challenging or thought-provoking at all. I'd read Sandra Brown again, and don't have a bad word to say about her. But it's not like Gillian Flynn's work, which had me out the next day buying more. ( )
  LauraCerone | May 26, 2016 |
I do enjoy most of Sandra Brown's work. However, I need to give kudos to Stephen Lang, who did an excellent narration job. The man is talented and he smoothly and effortlessly switches from the male to female protagonist. He doesn't read to you, he speaks to you, and that makes all the difference. ( )
  briellenadyne | Feb 29, 2016 |
I find this very typical of romantic thriller threads that run through Sandra Brown
novels
If this is a positive for you...you will probably enjoy the book.
The audio is highly charged with emotional exchanges...sexual tension abounds
-----
I keep trying new Brown offerings, hoping to stumble on another Rainwater
.............which was by far one of the finest books I've ever read.
If romantic thriller is your cup of tea....ENJOY!

3 ★ ( )
  pennsylady | Feb 5, 2016 |
This was my first Sandra Brown book and I am so glad I picked it up! It had me hooked on every page and the sexual tension Sandra created between Bellamy and Dent is so intense there was almost steam coming out of the book. Sandra wrote a spectacular book that kept me constantly wondering who the murderer would end up being and I usually can pick it but with this one I didn't realize who it was until Sandra wanted the reader to know. Defibitly worth the five stars and will be on the lookout for more of her books ( )
  HelenDeakin | Sep 26, 2015 |

Brown, SandraAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Lang, StephenNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The rat was dead, but no less horrifying than if it had been alive.

Bellamy Lyston was only 12 years old when her older sister Susan was killed on a stormy Memorial Day. Bellamy's fear of storms is a legacy of the tornado that destroyed the crime scene along with her memory of what really happened during the day's most devastating moments.

Now, 18 years later, Bellamy has written a sensational, bestselling novel based on Susan's murder. Because the book was inspired by the tragic event that still pains her family, she published it under a pseudonym to protect them from unwanted publicity. But when an opportunistic reporter for a tabloid newspaper discovers that the book is based on fact, Bellamy's identity is exposed along with the family scandal.

Moreover, Bellamy becomes the target of an unnamed assailant who either wants the truth about Susan's murder to remain unknown or, even more threatening, is determined to get vengeance for a man wrongfully accused and punished.

In order to identify her stalker, Bellamy must confront the ghosts of her past, including Dent Carter, Susan's wayward and reckless boyfriend -- and an original suspect in the murder case. Dent, with this and other stains on his past, is intent on clearing his name, and he needs Bellamy's sealed memory to do it. But her safeguarded recollections -once unlocked-pose dangers that neither could foresee and puts both their lives in peril.

As Bellamy delves deeper into the mystery surrounding Susan's slaying, she discovers disturbing elements of the crime which call into question the people she holds most dear. Haunted by partial memories, conflicted over her feelings for Dent, but determined to learn the truth, she won't stop until she reveals Susan's killer.

That is, unless Susan's killer strikes her first...

Review

'Sexual tension fueled by mistrust between brash Denton and shy Bellamy smolders and sparks in teasing fashion throughout.' -- Publishers Weekly on LOW PRESSURE 'A relentless pace and clever plot twists keep the pages turning.' -- Publishers Weekly Starred Review on LETHAL 'It's a great, entertaining read, with lots of surprising twists and turns, credibly flawed characters and a love affair that's as steamy as a Savannah summer.' -- Lisa Scottoline, Washington Post on Ricochet on LETHAL 'A masterful storyteller, carefully crafting tales that keep readers on the edge of their seats.' -- USA Today on LETHAL 'Millions of readers clamour for the compelling novels of Sandra Brown. And no wonder! She fires your imagination with irresistible characters, unexpected plot twists, scandalous secrets ... so electric you feel the zing.' -- Literary Guild on LETHAL 'Brown's novels define the term page turner.' -- Booklist on LETHAL

About the Author

Sandra Brown is the author of sixty New York Times bestsellers, including TOUGH CUSTOMER (2010), SMASH CUT (2009), SMOKE SCREEN (2008), PLAY DIRTY (2007), RICOCHET (2006), CHILL FACTOR (2005), WHITE HOT (2004), HELLO, DARKNESS (2003), THE CRUSH (2002), ENVY (2001), THE SWITCH (2000), THE ALIBI (1999), UNSPEAKABLE (1998) and FAT TUESDAY (1997), all of which have jumped onto the Times bestseller list in the number one to five spot. Brown now has over seventy million copies of her books in print worldwide, and her work has been translated into thirty-three languages.

Basing her bestselling novel on the night her older sister Susan was murdered on a stormy Memorial Day eighteen years earlier, Bellamy Lyston Price, writing under a pseudonym, becomes the target of an unnamed assailant who either wants the truth about Susan's murder to remain unknown or, even more threatening, is determined to get vengeance for a man wrongfully accused and punished.… (more)

Sandra Brown is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 107,632,698 books! | Top bar: Always visible