The Traveler's Gift: Seven Decisions that…

The Traveler's Gift: Seven Decisions that Determine Personal Success

by Andy Andrews

A very rare "not worth finishing" tome. Sanctimonious and preachy, filled with the wisdom of white men (with one familiar female WWII refugee thrown in). Little parables are followed by personal declarations by the main character of the value of the lessons of the parables. ( )
1 vote KarenIrelandPhillips | Jan 19, 2014 |
Andy is fast becoming one of my favorite writers as his style is captivation; poignant and humorous; this story gives us an excellent "what-if" with several important people through out history and makes me want to read more about them as well ( )
  longhorndaniel | May 29, 2013 |
I am not a big fan of fiction, but I do remember principles told in a story. Andy Andrews shares the 7 decisions that determine personal success:

1 The buck stops here. I am responsible for my past and my future.
2 I will seek wisdom. I will be a servant to others.
3 I am a person of action. I seize this moment. I choose now.
4 I have a decided heart. My destiny is assured.
5 Today I choose to be happy. I am the possessor of a grateful spirit.
6 I will greet this day with a forgiving spirit. I will forgive myself.
7 I will persist without exception. I am a person of great faith. ( )
  dannywahlquist | May 14, 2013 |
When a man reaches his lowest point, he is transported through time to meet historical characters who give him the seven keys to success. A bit cliched, but has some gems of inspiration. ( )
  poetreegirl | Mar 6, 2013 |
The "gifts/decisions" are all great rules to live by, but they are so overly generalized without specific instructions that they really mean nothing. A really quick-read though so no harm in reading to grab the few useful tidbits you can from this book. My favorite decision for success is "the buck stops here." My least favorite was the seventh because, well, Gabriel? Not a real person which was very disappointing. ( )
  spincerely | Apr 27, 2012 |
In great deed, something abides.  On great fields, something stays.  Forms change and pass, bodies disappear but spirits linger to consecrate ground for the vision place of the soul.  And reverent men and women from afar and generations that know us not and that we know not of, shall come here to ponder and to dream and the power of the vision shall pass into their souls.
Dedicated to Robert D. Smith, a champion--and the inspiration for this book.
Headlights swept the house as the taxi turned out of the driveway.
"As children, we were afraid of the dark. Now as adults, we are afraid of the light. We are afraid to step out. We are afraid to become more."
"Do not run from power. Gather it as you would the finest fruit. Power in the hands of a good person is like a cool drink of water on a hot summer day. It refreshes everyone with whome it comes in contact."
"if you worry about what other people think of you, then you will have more confidence in their opinion than you have in your own. Poor is the man whose future depends on the opinions and permission of others. Remember this, if you are afraid of criticism, you will die doing nothing."
"If a thousand people believe something foolish, it is still foolish!"
"David, we are all in situations of our own choosing. Our thinking creates a pathway to success or failure. By disclaiming responsibility, we crush the prospect of an incredible future that might have been ours."

The Traveler’s Gift effectively combines self-help with fiction . . . sustaining momentum while simultaneously passing on instructions for positive thinking . . . an exemplary job at providing positive suggestions for overcoming life’s obstacles.” - Publishers Weekly

“Andy Andrews will challenge you to reach your fullest potential.” - John C. Maxwell, Founder, The INJOYTM Group

The Traveler’s Gift touched me in a way no other book ever has.” - Barbara Johnson, Humorist and Best-Selling Author

Only a few months ago, he was a successful executive. Now he’s a desperate man. But a divine adventure is about to unfold. Join David Ponder on an incredible journey that will help you discover the Seven Decisions for Success.

In the tradition of best-selling books by Og Mandino, The Traveler’s Gift is destined to become a classic.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:24:38 -0400)

"David Ponder is at a crossroads. Having lost his job and the will to live, he has been supernaturally selected to travel through time, gathering wisdom for future generations. Visits to historical figures such as Abraham Lincoln, King Solomon, and Anne Frank yield the Seven Fundamentals for Success that will impact the entire world."--Publisher's description.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,605,648 books! | Top bar: Always visible