The Panther (John Corey) by Nelson DeMille

The Panther (John Corey) (edition 2012)

by Nelson DeMille

Member:bookcoll
Title:The Panther (John Corey)
Authors:Nelson DeMille
Info:Grand Central Publishing (2012), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 640 pages, $27.99
Tags:thriller

The Panther by Nelson DeMille

FIVE, Stars!.. Brilliant!.. I - Started this Book, in 2014, I Think?!!.. (I Read, Many Books Simultaneously).. Brilliant.. DeMille - Delivers!.. Again!!.. (Read The Other John Coreys', First, Obviously)! Awesome!!.. ( )
  TimNewey | Jul 8, 2016 |
One of the things we as American's will not forget is the attack on the USS Cole. John Corey certainly hasn't forgotten it. Now he has the opportunity to capture, maybe, hopefully kill, the man responsible. But the hunters are about to become the hunted. There was a lot of pages, (over 600), characters and Arabic names to make your way through but John Corey's sense of humor (sometimes not appreciated), moved it right along. Nelson DeMille has always written provocative, highly entertaining novels and this one will not disappoint. Keep up the good work Mr. DeMille. ( )
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
A serious book dealing with a serious subject that makes you smile and laugh out loud often. Without a doubt, the best ever from DeMille who has created a very competent smart ass detective, who along with his FBI lawyer wife enter into a middle east adventure that will grab you and not let go. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and would have liked it to go on for twice its 620 pages ( )
  brucemmoyer | Apr 29, 2016 |
There is a lot of hate here for The Panther. However, I found that it was a nice bounce back for DeMille. I wasn't a big fan of The Lion. The Panther rang true for me and I'll read his next novel. Probably, a 3.5, but I'll round it up to a 4. ( )
  VungTauMantis | Jan 24, 2016 |
John Conroy is one of my all time favorite characters! What a wit! ( )
  nljacobs | Jan 19, 2016 |

Nelson DeMilleprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Brick, ScottReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Anti-Terrorist Task Force agent John Corey and his wife, FBI agent Kate Mayfield have been posted overseas to Sana'a, Yemen - one of the most dangerous places in the Middle East. While there, they will be working with a small team to track down one of the masterminds behind the USS Cole bombing: a high-ranking Al Qaeda operative known as The Panther. Ruthless and elusive, he's wanted for multiple terrorist acts and murders - and the US government is determined to bring him down, no matter the cost. As latecomers to a treacherous game, John and Kate don't know the rules, the players, or the score. What they do know is that there is more to their assignment than meets the eye-and that the hunters are about to become the hunted.

Anti-Terrorist Task Force agent John Corey and his wife, FBI agent Kate Mayfield, have been posted overseas to Sana'a, Yemen-one of the most dangerous places in the Middle East. While there, they will be working with a small team to track down one of the masterminds behind the USS Cole bombing: a high-ranking Al Qaeda operative known as The Panther. Ruthless and elusive, he's wanted for multiple terrorist acts and murders-and the U.S. government is determined to bring him down, no matter the cost. As latecomers to a deadly game, John and Kate don't know the rules, the players, or the score. What they do know is that there is more to their assignment than meets the eye-and that the hunters are about to become the hunted.

Filled with breathtaking plot turns and told in John Corey's inimitable voice, THE PANTHER is a brilliant depiction of one of the most treacherous countries in the world and raises disturbing questions about whether we can ever know who our enemies - or our allies - really are.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:33 -0400)

Anti-terrorist task force agent John Corey and his FBI agent wife, Kate Mayfield, search for the mastermind behind the bombing of the USS Cole in Yemen.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 107,500,596 books! | Top bar: Always visible