The Map of the Sky by Felix J Palma

The Map of the Sky (edition 2012)

by Felix J Palma

Member:klpm
Title:The Map of the Sky
Authors:Felix J Palma
Info:Atria Books (2012), Kindle Edition, 608 pages
Tags:fiction, science fiction, adventure, time travel, aliens, England, Antarctica, horror

The Map of the Sky by Félix J. Palma

English (15)  Spanish (2)  All languages (17)
Once again, Palma has created a masterful story. He truly deserves a place as one of today's greatest authors. His ability to have his novels double back onto themselves, creating more and more intensity is a true gift. Palma gives an insight into his mind in one part of the novel, stating: "Writers perform an extremely important role: they make others dream, those who are unable to dream for themselves. And everyone needs to dream. Could there be a more important job in life than that?" I am looking forward to his next work. ( )
  1Randal | Feb 3, 2015 |
  1Randal | Feb 3, 2015 |
  1Randal | Aug 25, 2014 |
I was a really big fan of The Map of Time, which was three separate-but-connected stories about time travel starring H.G Wells as one of the characters. I stumbled across this sequel at the library - it's a bit of the same setup, but instead of using Wells' The Time Machine as the inspiration, this one is all about Martians and The War of the Worlds.

I liked this one a little less than The Map of Time, if only because the first book seemed a little more tightly constructed and clever. However, both are firmly in my "4 star" camp, and I completely recommend them to anyone who wants something unique and fun. This is supposed to be a trilogy, and I'm dying to know which of Wells' books the third one will involve (assuming the author follows this pattern). His website has the third book listed as a "?" for now.

Definitely, definitely read these in the order they were published. I wasn't expecting this to be a direct sequel, but there are characters and plot points that would make no sense if you hadn't read The Map of Time first. Reading them in order led to some awesome revelations throughout the story. ( )
  BrookeAshley | May 23, 2013 |
I tried this, but I just couldn't work up an interest in the characters. If you liked Map of Time, go for it. It is of the same quality. I just have too many books on the to-read pile to devote the time required to read a large book that doesn't grab me from the beginning. Perhaps I'll try this one again someday.
  alsatia | May 11, 2013 |

Félix J. Palmaprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Caistor, NickTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Marchetti, PierpaoloTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
On the cosmic scale, only the fantastic has a possibility of being true. - Leilhard de Chardin
It is a stupid presumption to go about despising and condemning as false anything that seems to us improbable. - Montaigne
"What do we know about Mars?" asked Gusev. "Is it inhabited by people or monsters?" - Aleksey Tolstoy

The New York Times best-selling author of The Map of Time returns with a mesmerizing novel casting H.G. Wells in a leading role, as the extraterrestrial invasion featured in The War of the Worlds is turned into a bizarre reality.

A love story serves as backdrop for The Map of the Sky when New York socialite Emma Harlow agrees to marry millionaire Montgomery Gilmore, but only if he accepts her audacious challenge: to reproduce the extraterrestrial invasion featured in Wells's War of the Worlds. What follows are three brilliantly interconnected plots to create a breathtaking tale of time travel and mystery, replete with cameos by a young Edgar Allan Poe, and Captain Shackleton and Charles Winslow from The Map of Time.

When a New York socialite challenges her millionaire suitor to reproduce the extraterrestrial invasion featured in H.G. Wells' "War of the Worlds," three fantastical adventures in time travel and mystery ensue.

82 wanted5 pay1 pay

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 98,412,901 books! | Top bar: Always visible