The FitzOsbornes at War (The Montmaray…

The FitzOsbornes at War (The Montmaray Journals) (2012)

by Michelle Cooper

This last novel in the trilogy chronicles Sophie's experiences during World War II. Sophie and Veronica find jobs in London, sometimes working covertly for the Colonel; Toby and Simon join the RAF, much to Aunt Charlotte's dismay; and even Henry decides to leave school and join the WRENS. With everyone so separated, Sophie learns to cope with loss on her own and even finds love in the process. "The FitzOsbornes at War" was a great novel, full of historical details that really made the characters feel like real people to me. The Montmaray Journals was a fantastic series and I'm glad that I decided to pick up the first novel on a whim! ( )
  TheMadHatters | Apr 30, 2014 |
I learned so much about what it must have been like to live in London during WWII in this story. I've read quite a bit of fiction about WWII, but none of it ever described in such detail what the war rationing and the air raids were like for Londoners. I loved how the creation of this fictional royal family gave the reader access to the most important people of that day. ( )
  TheMadHatters | Apr 28, 2014 |
Third book in the Montmaray Journals series. Sophie FitzOsborne and the royal family of Montmaray continue in exile in England as WWII begins. Sophie journals her war experiences of air raid shelters, rationing, and the consequences the war is taking on her family. ( )
  TheMadHatters | Apr 21, 2014 |
I couldn't wait for the 3rd of this series to come out! The follow book for The Fitzosbornes in Exile, don't forget the first of the journals, A Brief History of Montmaray, it was just as good as the others… I bought the first book for my daughter one Christmas not knowing if it were young adult genre or adult, I started it and couldn't put it down, hate to say I don't think my daughter ever got around to them. She will now ,after two nights of me telling her to leave the room and let me read just another chapter. The author made a foreign land and war of another time seem right up close and I was able to relate to a small kingdom and what they went through with family to the end, with a hidden twist to the end, or maybe I stayed up too late that night and missed an important turn of events. ( )
  mchwest | Jun 6, 2013 |

Sad the Montmaray Journals are over, for now at the very least. I hope she decides to write another. ( )
  Meganelise1 | Apr 12, 2013 |
I'm quite sure that, in twenty or thirty years' time, people will say about this morning, 'I'll never forget where I was when I heard the news."

Michelle Cooper completes her heart-stealing epic drama of history and romance with The FitzOsbornes at War.

Sophie FitzOsborne and the royal family of Montmaray escaped their remote island home when the Nazis attacked. But as war breaks out in England and around the world, nowhere is safe. Sophie fills her journal with tales of a life during wartime. Blackouts and the Blitz. Dancing in nightclubs with soliders on leave. And endlessly waiting for news of her brother Toby, whose plane was shot down over enemy territory.

But even as bombs rain down on London, hope springs up, and love blooms for this most endearing princess. And when the Allies begin to drive their way across Europe, the FitzOsbornes take heart—maybe, just maybe, there will be a way to liberate Montmaray as well.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:57:58 -0400)

"In this third installment to the Montmaray Journals, Sophie and her family come together to support the war effort during World War I, meanwhile fighting to protect their beloved Montmaray"--

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,771,642 books! | Top bar: Always visible