The FitzOsbornes at War by Michelle Cooper

The FitzOsbornes at War (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Michelle Cooper

Member:thecaptivereader
Title:The FitzOsbornes at War
Authors:Michelle Cooper
Info:Knopf Books for Young Readers (2012), Hardcover, 560 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Rating:****1/2
Tags:Fiction, Author: Australian, Location: England, Era: WWII, Topic: Royalty, Young Adult, Read in 2012

The FitzOsbornes at War by Michelle Cooper (2012)

the best of the three. loved being with these characters and sharing their joys and sadness. I really felt like I was a part of Sophie's transformation from girl to grown-up. the historical story telling also got stronger each book, and the more silly aspects were (thankfully) reduced. I will miss the whole clan! ( )
  mfabriz | Jun 26, 2017 |
Book #3 in the Montmaray Journals with "Her Royal Highness Princess Sophia of Montmaray" still documenting the lives of her family, & friends in her journal. Saturated w/ historical details of 1939-, she expresses the anxiety of all the English as they grapple with the horrors, the economic/social changes & the challenges of wartime London. Fans of Sophia & her growing into strong womanhood will be satisfied w/ all her growth & eventual romance(s) đŸ˜„. Definitely for adult-YA readers esp girls who love following a female protagonist through the throes of life. ( )
  BDartnall | Jun 21, 2017 |
Loved this, best of a series that was already good. Sophie's voice continues to be wonderful and engaging, and the development of the characters is very rewarding after following them through the past books. It is World War II, though, so Bad Stuff happens. I didn't actually cry, but I got tight-throated at the end...

devafagan | Jan 2, 2015 |
This last novel in the trilogy chronicles Sophie's experiences during World War II. Sophie and Veronica find jobs in London, sometimes working covertly for the Colonel; Toby and Simon join the RAF, much to Aunt Charlotte's dismay; and even Henry decides to leave school and join the WRENS. With everyone so separated, Sophie learns to cope with loss on her own and even finds love in the process. "The FitzOsbornes at War" was a great novel, full of historical details that really made the characters feel like real people to me. The Montmaray Journals was a fantastic series and I'm glad that I decided to pick up the first novel on a whim! ( )
  TheMadHatters | Apr 30, 2014 |
I learned so much about what it must have been like to live in London during WWII in this story. I've read quite a bit of fiction about WWII, but none of it ever described in such detail what the war rationing and the air raids were like for Londoners. I loved how the creation of this fictional royal family gave the reader access to the most important people of that day. ( )
  TheMadHatters | Apr 28, 2014 |
I'm quite sure that, in twenty or thirty years' time, people will say about this morning, 'I'll never forget where I was when I heard the news."

Michelle Cooper completes her heart-stealing epic drama of history and romance with The FitzOsbornes at War.

Sophie FitzOsborne and the royal family of Montmaray escaped their remote island home when the Nazis attacked. But as war breaks out in England and around the world, nowhere is safe. Sophie fills her journal with tales of a life during wartime. Blackouts and the Blitz. Dancing in nightclubs with soliders on leave. And endlessly waiting for news of her brother Toby, whose plane was shot down over enemy territory.

But even as bombs rain down on London, hope springs up, and love blooms for this most endearing princess. And when the Allies begin to drive their way across Europe, the FitzOsbornes take heart—maybe, just maybe, there will be a way to liberate Montmaray as well.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:13 -0400)

"In this third installment to the Montmaray Journals, Sophie and her family come together to support the war effort during World War I, meanwhile fighting to protect their beloved Montmaray"--

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,334,930 books! | Top bar: Always visible