Ladder to the Moon with CD by Maya…

Ladder to the Moon with CD

by Maya Soetoro-Ng

No reviews

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 076366006X, Hardcover)

"A lush, haunting story. . . . Soetoro-Ng, sister of Barack Obama, has written this story of compassion as a tribute to their mother." — Booklist (starred review)

Little Suhaila wishes she could have known her grandma, who would wrap her arms around the whole world if she could, Mama says. And one night, Suhaila gets her wish when a golden ladder appears at her window, and Grandma Annie invites the girl to come along with her on a magical journey. In a rich and deeply personal narrative, Maya Soetoro-Ng draws inspiration from her mother’s love for family, her empathy for others, and her ethic of service to imagine this remarkable meeting. Evoking fantasy and folklore, the story touches on events that have affected people across the world in our time and reaffirms our common humanity. Yuyi Morales’s breathtaking artwork illuminates the dreamlike tale, reminding us that loved ones lost are always with us, and that sometimes we need only look at the moon and remember.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:58:27 -0400)

Average: No ratings.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,868,916 books! | Top bar: Always visible