The Forever Girl by Rebecca Hamilton

The Forever Girl

by Rebecca Hamilton

English (65)  Swedish (1)  All languages (66)
I really enjoyed reading this book. I've never really read anything that pertained to Wiccans, and this was a perfect book to start with. It explained the purpose of the rituals and all that goes into them. That's great for a reader like me, that wouldn't have known otherwise.

Sophia is a character that believes she can take care of herself. She finds it hard to trust others and ask for help. Most of this has to do with her relationship with her mother. My only complaint is that we didn't see more of her father. I would have liked to see her interact with him. But, wow, her mother is something else.

Charles is such an interesting character. Half the time I didn't know if I wanted to slap him or kiss him. I did secretly love his arrogance. Nothing is sexier than confidence. Just sayin. I also love the fact that he is so protective of Sophie regardless of whether he thinks he should be. He takes an interest in keeping her safe.

There were a ton of twists that I never saw coming. People I thought they weren't who they turned out to be. It also explains why Sophie has such a hard time trusting others.

Forever Girl is a book for those between YA and adult urban fantasy. It's not raunchy or anything like that. There's just a few cuss words, and creative writing when it came to overwhelming feelings. ;)

This is such a unique look into the world of vampires, shifters, and witches. It's not what I expected, and I'm extremely happy about that. The book was creative and the perfect length. I can't wait for the next installment. ( )
  BookishThings | Mar 23, 2016 |
The Forever Girl (The Forever Girl #1) by Rebecca Hamilton

Sophia Parsons is a twenty-two year old Wiccan. When a spell goes wrong her whole world changes. She hears voices in her head, but doesn't want to tell anyone. Not sure what she just got herself into, she is about to find out, like it or not.

She meets Charles, a shape-shifter. She falls for him but can he be trusted? She soon learns she must use all her skills including some dark magic to keep herself and her friends alive. And she will have to trust Charles to accomplish this dangerous task.

A well written story. I really liked Sophia, living with a bi-polar mother is not easy for her. Yet she strives to be normal and to accept who she is. Charles is likable as well. At times I was not sure if he could be trusted but he fits perfectly into the story.

The story is very original, has a perfect blend of suspense, drama, magic, mystical beings, horror and a bit of romance. Some characters are likable and others are not. A definite edge-of-your-seat read. I feel that those who love (dark) fantasy/paranormal/witches will enjoy The Forever Girl ( )
  SheriAWilkinson | Mar 11, 2016 |
2.5-3
OK, I have mixed feelings on this book. Reading it was an experience good and bad. It was all over the place. The story was interesting the world was unique and had so much potential....but the author keep going off on extreme details that had nothing to do with the story. I think she has great potential, with a really good editor. Her world building was very good as was her character development. Fantastic characters ! Edited I think it could jump to a 4 star. Really a great job for a first book. I will watch for future books from this author. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
I love that the word aglet was used in this story. It's certainly not really in the common vernacular these days for anyone not in the shoe industry.

This is definitely a new spin on the sci-fi/fantasy/paranormal fiction that I'm accustomed to and I love it! I have not read anything quite like it before. Yes, some of these cards have been shown before, but never with this spin.

*I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  UrbanAudreyE | Aug 10, 2015 |
This was a great book. I enjoyed it so much I pre-ordered the second one. Nice to see a book that showed Wicca in a good light. As a practitioner of The Craft myself it's hard to find a fictional book that understands The Craft in any way. This one did. I saw when I pre-ordered the second in the series it has been optioned for a film. I will be going to see it. I loved the tension between Sophia and Charles and how it showed falling in love is never easy. I really enjoyed this book. ( )
  deemelody | Dec 26, 2014 |

"Whatever you do, fight."

Sophia's family has skeletons, but they aren't in their graves.

At twenty-two, practicing Wiccan Sophia Parsons is scratching out a living waiting tables in her Rocky Mountain hometown, a pariah after a string of unsolved murders with only one thing in common: her.

Sophia can imagine lots of ways to improve her life, but she'd settle for just getting rid of the buzzing noise in her head. When the spell she casts goes wrong, the static turns into voices. Her personal demons get company, and the newcomers are dangerous.

One of them is a man named Charles, who Sophia falls for despite her better judgment. He has connections that might help her unveil the mystery surrounding her ancestor's hanging, but she gets more than she bargains for when she finally decides to trust him.

Survival in his world, she learns, means not asking questions and staying out of the immortal council's way. It's a line she crossed long ago. If Sophia wants to survive the council and save the people she loves, she must accept who she is, perform dark magic, and fight to the death for her freedom.

The Forever Girl is a full-length Paranormal Fantasy novel that will appeal to lovers of paranormal romance, urban fantasy, witches, vampire fiction, ghost stories, paranormal mystery, and paranormal horror.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:21 -0400)

8 wanted1 pay1 pay

Immortal Ink Publishing

An edition of this book was published by Immortal Ink Publishing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,470,646 books! | Top bar: Always visible