The Forever Girl by Rebecca Hamilton

The Forever Girl

by Rebecca Hamilton

English (57)  Swedish (1)  All languages (58)
A well-written and thoroughly enjoyable novel with only a few mildly annoying typos. It is full of suspense and action. I'll admit there were some dark and disturbing moments, but I wanted to see what would happen and kept reading - I'm glad that I did! ( )
  madamediotte | Sep 16, 2014 |
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
I do not normally read books on the paranormal, but thought I would give The Forever Girl a try. Although it was well written, I could not finish the book due to lack of interest on my part.
  iris3039 | Sep 11, 2014 |
I really enjoyed this book. I was suggested it from another author who writes paranormal romance.
Sophia is your average white Wiccan trying to live in a small town. Her mother is bipolar and highly disturbed. Her mother joined a cult like church ran by Mrs. Franklin, who will do anything to get Sophia out.
Sophia thought she was just a little left of center until her friend Ivory took her out to a club..from that night on she learned of the supernatural world..Once you learn things like this sometimes you wish you hadn't.

I was on the edge of my seat learning all kinds of history, and rooting for Sophia. There are all kinds of twists and turns, but they were enjoyable and fun. I'm glad I took a chance on this book and hope there are more to come! ( )
  selinalynn69 | Aug 19, 2014 |
With the increase in popularity of all things vampire of late, this was a fresh approach and had thoroughly engaging and likeable characters.

A nice, easy read. 3/5. ( )
  claireh18 | Jul 17, 2014 |
Goodreads Synopsis: A Cult. A Murder. A Curse. Sophia's family has skeletons, but they aren't in their graves...

At 22, practicing Wiccan Sophia Parsons is scratching out a living waiting tables in her Rocky Mountain hometown, living under the shadow of her bi-polar mother, religious prejudice, and a cold murder. Sophia can imagine lots of ways her life could be better, but she'd settle for just getting rid of the buzzing noise in her head. The spell she casts goes wrong. The static turns into voices.

Her personal demons get company, and the newcomers are dangerous. One of them is a man named Charles, a centuries-old shape-shifter that Sophia falls for despite her better judgment. He has connections that can help her unveil the mystery surrounding her ancestor's hanging, but she gets more than she bargains for when she finally decides to trust him. Survival in his world, she learns, means not asking questions and staying out of the immortal council's way. It's a line she crossed long ago.

The Forever Girl is a full-length Paranormal Fantasy novel that will appeal to lovers of paranormal romance, urban fantasy, witches, vampires, ghosts, paranormal mystery, and paranormal horror.

My Review: To be honest, I let my kobo die for a few weeks and totally forgot about this book. Finally charged it, turned it on, realized that I had indeed forgotten about it, and saw that there was only twenty pages left. I can barely remember this book! And I feel bad because I didn't mean to, I didn't want to, and still it happened. I remember reading about it and thinking it was cool, but at the moment, I couldn't remember a thing about this book if I tried. I'm sorry about that. In a way, though, I don't, because I obviously couldn't get into it. I can't remember the characters. I vaguely remember something about like, a bunch of people acting like teenagers? I thought they were older, but I guess not. I'm giving this book two stars because, like I said, I can't remember it. And that's all I have to say. Check it out if you come across it, and lemme know what you thought. ( )
  aurora.schnarr | Jun 29, 2014 |

"Whatever you do, fight."

Sophia's family has skeletons, but they aren't in their graves.

At twenty-two, practicing Wiccan Sophia Parsons is scratching out a living waiting tables in her Rocky Mountain hometown, a pariah after a string of unsolved murders with only one thing in common: her.

Sophia can imagine lots of ways to improve her life, but she'd settle for just getting rid of the buzzing noise in her head. When the spell she casts goes wrong, the static turns into voices. Her personal demons get company, and the newcomers are dangerous.

One of them is a man named Charles, who Sophia falls for despite her better judgment. He has connections that might help her unveil the mystery surrounding her ancestor's hanging, but she gets more than she bargains for when she finally decides to trust him.

Survival in his world, she learns, means not asking questions and staying out of the immortal council's way. It's a line she crossed long ago. If Sophia wants to survive the council and save the people she loves, she must accept who she is, perform dark magic, and fight to the death for her freedom.

The Forever Girl is a full-length Paranormal Fantasy novel that will appeal to lovers of paranormal romance, urban fantasy, witches, vampire fiction, ghost stories, paranormal mystery, and paranormal horror.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:29:11 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,330,207 books! | Top bar: Always visible