The Forever Girl: Forever Girl Series,…

The Forever Girl: Forever Girl Series, Volume One: Sophia's Journey…

by Rebecca Hamilton

Sophia Parson's is 22 and a practicing Wiccan . She is barely making ends meet as a waitress in her Rocky Mountain home town. She lives under the shadow of her Bi -Polar Mother, religious prejudice and a cold murder. She can imagine a lot of ways her life could be better, she just wants to get rid of the buzzing noise in her head. So she casts a spell , the spell goes wrong and the buzzing turns into voices. One of them is Charlie a centuries old shape shifter, Sophia falls for him he has connections that can help her solve the mystery surrounding her ancestor's hanging. She gets more than she bargained for when she decides to trust him. In order to survive in his world and save the people she loves, she must accept who she is perform dark magic and fight for her freedom to the death. A paranormal fantasy novel that will appeal to anyone who loves Witches, Vampires, Ghosts, basically any type of paranormal story. I look forward to reading more books by Rebecca Hamilton ( )
  Georgiann | Apr 20, 2014 |
Thoroughly enjoyable read. It left a few gaps to progress the story, but was a really fun book to read. Engaging book with a fresh look on vampires and the supernatural without the main character actually wanting to be involved, but does a good job of involving her anyways without being forced. ( )
  gombessa | Apr 13, 2014 |
I received this book on Librarything from the author as a member giveaway. Thank you Rebecca Hamilton!! I really enjoyed this book and all of the characters. It kept me interested until the end. I would definitely recommend this to others! ( )
  Kristinah | Apr 7, 2014 |
Recent college graduate Sophia lives in the house past down through her family and works at the local diner in her small town. Sophia is basically the town scapegoat for the weird, her mother's unexplained death, a local business owner's death, and any destruction of property using witchcraft looking markings. Oh yeah, Sophia is a Wiccan so the rumors and whispers behind her back that she's a witch isn't really inaccurate. Sophia's Wiccan religion has her performing positive energy spells, and contacting her ancestors for guidance nothing hardcore no dark magic whatsoever. So when Sophia meets Charles and finds herself in his world she realizes that there are darker things in this world than she could ever imagine, and she finds it difficult to accept. But can she deny what she sees with her own eyes?

Sophia performs a positive energy spell to once and for all rid herself of the constant buzzing in her head and unknowingly sets her destiny in motion and starts coming in contact with people that she wishes she never met. I really liked Sophia's voice, she had a dry sense of humor that doesn't translate as funny to some people. Sophia was a flawed heroine which made her real in my book, she had a tendency to strike out at those closest to her, the ones who didn't judge her but would not stand up for herself with the naysayers. I really didn't like that she did that and found myself yelling at her (or the book, lol). Sophia always wanted to know everything, nothing wrong with that unless the same could be expected in return. Sophia stood firm on being taught at a young age to ask a lot of questions but never offer anything up; was she raised by the mob? It was frustrating to see her suffer when it was clear that there were now people in her life that she could trust that would understand and might be able to help her with the witchy demons she's dealing with.

Charles was an enigma to Sophia which caused her to not want to have anything to do with him. I would say that Sophia was an enigma to him as well since he could sense there was something different about her but she wouldn't share. To be fair, Sophia was also in the dark about her true nature. Charles didn't share with Sophia immediately but he did eventually and Sophia was always asking questions so there was no way he could keep things from her for too long. Charles had the patience of a saint and allowed Sophia the space to come to him when she felt ready and I loved him for that, but also knew that it hurt him to feel that Sophia didn't trust him. Charles was a sweetheart and supposedly the full package of hunk.

The meat of the story was, Sophia believed the constant buzzing in her head was a curse traveled down from her ancestors and when she found a document of an ancestor who was hung for being a witch, she started on a journey to break said curse. Trust me when I say that there was a turn of events in Sophia's search to free herself from her curse. Everything that happened after was a surprise and an adventurous ride with Sophia and Charles. One of the biggest surprise twists in the story was from Ivory, one of Sophia's best friends. Talk about obsession, Ivory was stuck in a grief that spans longer than anyone can imagine and it created an obsession that rivals any I've read about or saw on the small or big screen. This story had a dark and action adventure feel to it and a lot of twists and surprises, it even offered a look back in the past, about two hundred plus or minus years which offered some interesting background on the story building.

This story was pretty amazing and the character building was great, there were many more characters, with flaws and all. I should mention that Forever Girl had the most sweet and possibly full circle ending of any book I've read. I was dreading the ending as I always do when I read a book with a lot of intensity as this book had, or any other book for that matter. Was happy to not be left with that destroyed feeling I get from a heart wrenching cliffhanger. I didn't give the title much thought until I found out what it meant and that was exactly the info Sophia was looking for and didn't know it.
  chicreader | Jan 21, 2014 |

chicreader | Jan 21, 2014 |

"Whatever you do, fight."

Sophia's family has skeletons, but they aren't in their graves.

At twenty-two, practicing Wiccan Sophia Parsons is scratching out a living waiting tables in her Rocky Mountain hometown, a pariah after a string of unsolved murders with only one thing in common: her.

Sophia can imagine lots of ways to improve her life, but she'd settle for just getting rid of the buzzing noise in her head. When the spell she casts goes wrong, the static turns into voices. Her personal demons get company, and the newcomers are dangerous.

One of them is a man named Charles, who Sophia falls for despite her better judgment. He has connections that might help her unveil the mystery surrounding her ancestor's hanging, but she gets more than she bargains for when she finally decides to trust him.

Survival in his world, she learns, means not asking questions and staying out of the immortal council's way. It's a line she crossed long ago. If Sophia wants to survive the council and save the people she loves, she must accept who she is, perform dark magic, and fight to the death for her freedom.

The Forever Girl is a full-length Paranormal Fantasy novel that will appeal to lovers of paranormal romance, urban fantasy, witches, vampire fiction, ghost stories, paranormal mystery, and paranormal horror.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:29:11 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,572,130 books! | Top bar: Always visible