The Forever Girl by Rebecca Hamilton

The Forever Girl

by Rebecca Hamilton

English (61)  Swedish (1)  All languages (62)
I struggled with reading this book as it seemed like a great fit for my reading interests. However, I couldn't get a feel for the main character's relationships with others. She has friends, but they weren't as involved in her life as I expected based on how she described them. Her entry into the supernatural world was strange and confusing. The romantic relationship she develops seems to occur simply because she expects it to, not because of any real attraction to each other. His willingness to give up a major benefit of his life to be with her isn't really justified. On the other hand, I really appreciated the fact that their relationship did develop slowly, and it takes a long time for the physical side of things to move forward. Another aspect I struggled with is that, like the main character, I didn't know what was going on. Then, she goes and throws herself into a situation about which she knows virtually nothing, but thinks she can save the day. I'm glad it works out differently, but by the time the book ended I still felt somewhat confused about the world in which the story was taking place.

I received a copy of this book free in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  laracat | Dec 14, 2014 |
The Forever Girl (Forever Girl #1)

by Rebecca Hamilton

OK so I'm not sure how I feel about this book. I liked it and hated it at the same time. Well hate is a strong word, maybe just mad at myself for not getting into it enough to really enjoy it at the end. The end in particular seemed to lose me and I couldn't keep track of what was going on in what was the climax of the story. I will still read on in the series because I think if I give it a better chance I will get into it more. I think since the book has gotten so many high ratings I expected more I guess.

I received this book from the author through LibraryThing for my honest review. ( )
  Kimmyd76 | Dec 10, 2014 |
I enjoyed this book. It has a fresh take on vampires and shapeshifters (elementals) and other supernatural beings.

I received a copy from LibraryThing's Member Giveaways. ( )
  dianek93 | Nov 17, 2014 |
I really enjoyed this book! I loved the characters and the story. The writing was good and it held my interest throughout the book. ( )
  handrews222 | Oct 29, 2014 |
A well-written and thoroughly enjoyable novel with only a few mildly annoying typos. It is full of suspense and action. I'll admit there were some dark and disturbing moments, but I wanted to see what would happen and kept reading - I'm glad that I did! ( )
  madamediotte | Sep 16, 2014 |

"Whatever you do, fight."

Sophia's family has skeletons, but they aren't in their graves.

At twenty-two, practicing Wiccan Sophia Parsons is scratching out a living waiting tables in her Rocky Mountain hometown, a pariah after a string of unsolved murders with only one thing in common: her.

Sophia can imagine lots of ways to improve her life, but she'd settle for just getting rid of the buzzing noise in her head. When the spell she casts goes wrong, the static turns into voices. Her personal demons get company, and the newcomers are dangerous.

One of them is a man named Charles, who Sophia falls for despite her better judgment. He has connections that might help her unveil the mystery surrounding her ancestor's hanging, but she gets more than she bargains for when she finally decides to trust him.

Survival in his world, she learns, means not asking questions and staying out of the immortal council's way. It's a line she crossed long ago. If Sophia wants to survive the council and save the people she loves, she must accept who she is, perform dark magic, and fight to the death for her freedom.

The Forever Girl is a full-length Paranormal Fantasy novel that will appeal to lovers of paranormal romance, urban fantasy, witches, vampire fiction, ghost stories, paranormal mystery, and paranormal horror.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:29:11 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,357,183 books! | Top bar: Always visible