The Forever Girl by Rebecca Hamilton

The Forever Girl

by Rebecca Hamilton

With the increase in popularity of all things vampire of late, this was a fresh approach and had thoroughly engaging and likeable characters.

A nice, easy read. 3/5. ( )
  claireh18 | Jul 17, 2014 |
Goodreads Synopsis: A Cult. A Murder. A Curse. Sophia's family has skeletons, but they aren't in their graves...

At 22, practicing Wiccan Sophia Parsons is scratching out a living waiting tables in her Rocky Mountain hometown, living under the shadow of her bi-polar mother, religious prejudice, and a cold murder. Sophia can imagine lots of ways her life could be better, but she'd settle for just getting rid of the buzzing noise in her head. The spell she casts goes wrong. The static turns into voices.

Her personal demons get company, and the newcomers are dangerous. One of them is a man named Charles, a centuries-old shape-shifter that Sophia falls for despite her better judgment. He has connections that can help her unveil the mystery surrounding her ancestor's hanging, but she gets more than she bargains for when she finally decides to trust him. Survival in his world, she learns, means not asking questions and staying out of the immortal council's way. It's a line she crossed long ago.

The Forever Girl is a full-length Paranormal Fantasy novel that will appeal to lovers of paranormal romance, urban fantasy, witches, vampires, ghosts, paranormal mystery, and paranormal horror.

My Review: To be honest, I let my kobo die for a few weeks and totally forgot about this book. Finally charged it, turned it on, realized that I had indeed forgotten about it, and saw that there was only twenty pages left. I can barely remember this book! And I feel bad because I didn't mean to, I didn't want to, and still it happened. I remember reading about it and thinking it was cool, but at the moment, I couldn't remember a thing about this book if I tried. I'm sorry about that. In a way, though, I don't, because I obviously couldn't get into it. I can't remember the characters. I vaguely remember something about like, a bunch of people acting like teenagers? I thought they were older, but I guess not. I'm giving this book two stars because, like I said, I can't remember it. And that's all I have to say. Check it out if you come across it, and lemme know what you thought. ( )
  aurora.schnarr | Jun 29, 2014 |
I was searching for a book on witches and magic when I found this. It spoke of Wiccans and magic so I gave it a try. this book pulled me in before I realized I was reading a vampire story. By then, intrigue kept me reading.

You have to read more than half the book to discover the meaning of forever girl. I like the concept and particularly the story surrounding Ivory, it makes a better plot than the main story. I am not that fond of the heroine, she is annoying a lot of the time and her relationship with her guy is weird as well for 19+ person. I didn't like that out of the blue she gets a whole bunch of powers and magically uses them efficiently. This has been compared to Twilight by some reviewers. The comparison I would make is that the enemies are supposed to be so powerful yet they are defeated in record time by a teen girl who just learned she has powers a day ago.

Overall I didn't like the confusing names for species or the leads but it is a good story and worth a read. ( )
  RGR | Jun 20, 2014 |
I wasn't sure what to expect when I started this book. I ended up really enjoying it. It took a little while for me to get where they were going with it. Lots of different supernatural elements made it interesting. The ending left me wanting to know what happens next. I plan on ready the next one when it is available. ( )
  kellerdean | Jun 4, 2014 |
This paranormal romance with Wiccan Sophie at the center of the story includes a new twist - or at least a new twist to me. There are beings that represent the elements – earth, air, fire, water and spirit – with supernatural abilities. Some are shifters or vampire-like or capable of various unusual things but there is also Sophie – The Forever Girl. I was not sure what a “Forever Girl” might be and was intrigued that it was not what I was expecting. There is romance, there are fights, there is travel to exotic places and more in this book. Sophie and Charles seem ill-fated with Charles immortality and Sophie expected to die of old age BUT perhaps in future books this issue will be resolved in a way that will provide a happily ever after. ( )
  CathyGeha | Jun 2, 2014 |

"Whatever you do, fight."

Sophia's family has skeletons, but they aren't in their graves.

At twenty-two, practicing Wiccan Sophia Parsons is scratching out a living waiting tables in her Rocky Mountain hometown, a pariah after a string of unsolved murders with only one thing in common: her.

Sophia can imagine lots of ways to improve her life, but she'd settle for just getting rid of the buzzing noise in her head. When the spell she casts goes wrong, the static turns into voices. Her personal demons get company, and the newcomers are dangerous.

One of them is a man named Charles, who Sophia falls for despite her better judgment. He has connections that might help her unveil the mystery surrounding her ancestor's hanging, but she gets more than she bargains for when she finally decides to trust him.

Survival in his world, she learns, means not asking questions and staying out of the immortal council's way. It's a line she crossed long ago. If Sophia wants to survive the council and save the people she loves, she must accept who she is, perform dark magic, and fight to the death for her freedom.

The Forever Girl is a full-length Paranormal Fantasy novel that will appeal to lovers of paranormal romance, urban fantasy, witches, vampire fiction, ghost stories, paranormal mystery, and paranormal horror.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:29:11 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,510,095 books! | Top bar: Always visible