The Constant Princess [UNABRIDGED]…

The Constant Princess [UNABRIDGED] (Audiobook) (original 2005; edition 2006)

by Philipa Gregory - Narrated by: Jill Tanner

Member:tututhefirst
Title:The Constant Princess [UNABRIDGED] (Audiobook)
Authors:Philipa Gregory - Narrated by: Jill Tanner
Info:
Collections:Audio books, Read but unowned
Tags:nil, 7508, audio, Catherine of Aragon, fiction-historical

The Constant Princess by Philippa Gregory (2005)

This was a very interesting book. I found Catalina's relationship with Arthur to be so interesting and I even shed tears when he died. The period until she married Harry was a bit dull. I even felt a bit angry that she started loving Henry and seemed to forget about Arthur except in dire circumstances. Overall I like Catalina more than I like Anne Boleyn and that's due to this book. Before this I liked Anne, but getting more history on Catalina has changed my mind. ( )
  rabidmunkee | Nov 7, 2014 |
Another great historical fiction novel from Gregory. Not only does she weave the story of Katherine of Aragon magnificently, but she grabs your interest so that you want to learn more about this enigmatic woman. What I wouldn't give for a trip to Spain to see where the child, Catalina, lived as the Infanta of Spain, Princess of Wales, future Queen of England. ( )
  trishaj | Oct 7, 2014 |
This book was amazing, I loved reading about the early life of Katherine of Aragon, her first love Arthur, and then her marriage to Henry and everything that happened after. I will definitely be reading more books by Philippa Gregory! ( )
  Steph1203 | Mar 14, 2014 |
I am so enjoying Ms Gregory's books. This was a wonderful read, helping put more pieces in place in my understanding of England's Royal History.

I have read a few of her other books and I find that it can become a bit confusing. The wives, the children, the many players in the royal court. I have now taken my interest in this subject outside of the "Gregory" realm and am looking for more historical accounts.

I'll keep reading her books. She has such a wonderful way of bringing these people to life. ( )
1 vote ava-st-claire | Feb 21, 2014 |
Another of Gregory's wonderful historical tales, this one focusing on Katherine of Aragon, nee Caterina, the Infanta of Spain, who was the first wife of Henry VIII. ( )
1 vote wareagle78 | Jan 26, 2014 |

Philippa Gregoryprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Burton, KateNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Holm, GunillaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Tanner, JillNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Anthony
There was a scream, and then a loud roar of fire enveloping silken hangings, then a mounting crescendo of shouts of panic that spread and spread from one tent to another as the flames ran too, leaping from one silk standard to another, running up guy ropes and bursting through muslin doors.

"I am Catalina, Princess of Spain, daughter of the two greatest monarchs the world has ever known...and I will be Queen of England."

Thus, bestselling author Philippa Gregory introduces one of her most unforgettable heroines: Katherine of Aragon. Known to history as the Queen who was pushed off her throne by Anne Boleyn, here is a Katherine the world has forgotten: the enchanting princess that all England loved. First married to Henry VIII's older brother, Arthur, Katherine's passion turns their arranged marriage into a love match; but when Arthur dies, the merciless English court and her ambitious parents -- the crusading King and Queen of Spain -- have to find a new role for the widow. Ultimately, it is Katherine herself who takes control of her own life by telling the most audacious lie in English history, leading her to the very pinnacle of power in England.

Set in the rich beauty of Moorish Spain and the glamour of the Tudor court, The Constant Princess presents a woman whose constancy helps her endure betrayal, poverty, and despair, until the inevitable moment when she steps into the role she has prepared for all her life: Henry VIII's Queen, Regent, and commander of the English army in their greatest victory against Scotland.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:33:59 -0400)

A richly detailed fictional portrait of Henry VIII's first wife, Katherine of Aragon, the daughter of Queen Isabella and King Ferdinand of Spain, follows her from her passionate youthful marriage to Henry's older brother, Arthur, her widowhood, her marriage to Henry and her denial of her true love for Arthur, and the divorce that led to Henry's second marriage to Anne Boleyn.… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,440,653 books! | Top bar: Always visible