Steel's Edge (The Edge, Book 4) by…

Steel's Edge (The Edge, Book 4) (edition 2012)

by Ilona Andrews

Series: The Edge (4)

2742041,373 (4.07)7
Member:TheBooknerd
Title:Steel's Edge (The Edge, Book 4)
Authors:Ilona Andrews
Info:Ace (2012), Mass Market Paperback, 400 pages
Collections:Your library, Read in 2013, SBF Featured, Favorites, StrangeBedfellows
Rating:*****

Steel's Edge by Ilona Andrews

This is the story of Charlotte de Ney and Richard Mar. Charlotte is a blueblood from the Weird who has a remarkable gift for healing. Richard is from the Edge and is a remarkable swordsman. Charlotte flees to the Edge after she learns that she is barren and her husband annuls their marriage. The gift of healing has an opposite counterpart. As strong as her healing is, she is equally able to kill with her gift. It was her strong desire to kill her fair-weather husband that sent her running.

With the help of Éléanore Drayton, who is the grandmother of Rose, George and Jack, she manages to make a new life for herself in the Edge. Things change drastically when Richard is brought to her in immediate need of healing after his encounter with slavers. The slavers are hot on his heels and recapture him, killing Éléanore and another young girl who happens to be there. Charlotte sets off to rescue Richard but has to resort to her dark side to do it.

Together, she and Richard are determined to bring down the slave trade and are even more determined when they discover who is behind it. Along the way, and despite each one feeling that they are unworthy of being loved, the two fall deeply in love.

This was a fast-paced, engaging story. I also liked getting to catch up with a couple of my favorite characters from earlier Edge books - George and Jack. I feel that this book could stand alone but it gains richness and depth if you read the rest of the Edge series first. ( )
  kmartin802 | Jul 14, 2014 |
I was a bit wistful when I saw that this was the last of the books in the series and yet I also think that is a good thing. Not every series needs to go on and on and yet I really liked how the viewpoint characters rotated around and sometimes were used to introduce someone new to that universe. This one is entirely Edger and Weird, there is no crossover into the Broken at all. It tackles slavery in this setting and trying to get rid of it by spy methods since technically it is illegal but still happens. As with all the books in the series it is also a love story. Of course this one has leads that think they will never love again. Good fun read and I hope at the very least this writing duo will dip back in this setting at some point even if it is only for short stories. ( )
  Glennis.LeBlanc | Jul 8, 2014 |
Another satisfying entry in a very entertaining series! I love the world, and the characters never disappoint. It was great to see Jack and George nearing adulthood, and I hope that at some point in the future, they will get their chance to completely take over the spotlight...which they nearly do as supporting characters. ( )
  camibrite | May 25, 2014 |
What I Loved
Series
This is book 4 in the series. Each book contains its own new couple and story, but with an arcing storyline that connects them all. We still get to hear about past couples and I love this type of series.
Story
I love every book in this series and this book didn't disappointment nor fall short of the rest of the series. Steel's Edge has a perfect amount of ass kicking action, great story line that continues with the rest of the books and a dose of romance that fits perfectly with the books fast pace action.
Characters
Charlotte: I have always loved every single one of their female characters. They are always very strong female characters and that is my favorite type, no weak and whiny females for their books. While Charlotte may not be able to kick ass in a physical fight, she has some wicked power that no one should mess with.
Richard: Another awesome male character that kicks some major ass with the right amount of interior softness.
Romance
Perfect amount of romance, not a lot, but these two are perfect for each other. The connection and chemistry they have together is fantastic.

Didn't Like
Nothing!

Recommendation
An awesome series that needs to be read if you like urban fantasy, adventure and romance. ( )
  Kr15tina | Feb 5, 2014 |
Not my favorite of the series but as I'm not sure Ilona Andrews can write a bad book, it was still a good read. A little disappointing as a series finale but an entertaining book and romance on its own. ( )
  CCleveland | Nov 27, 2013 |

Ilona Andrewsprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Raudman, RenéeReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed

Charlotte de Ney, a blueblood from the Weird with magical healing abilities, finds her new life in the Edge disrupted when Richard Mar, a swordsman seeking to wipe out slavers trafficking humans, is brought to her for treatment.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,699,118 books! | Top bar: Always visible