Steel's Edge (The Edge, Book 4) by…

Steel's Edge (The Edge, Book 4) (edition 2012)

by Ilona Andrews

Series: The Edge (4)

3762628,713 (4)10
Member:allthesedarnbooks
Title:Steel's Edge (The Edge, Book 4)
Authors:Ilona Andrews
Info:Ace (2012), Mass Market Paperback, 400 pages
Collections:Read in 2013, Kindle: Read, Your library
Rating:****1/2
Tags:urban fantasy, paranormal romance

Steel's Edge by Ilona Andrews

Steel's Edge
4 Stars

Hurt and betrayed by the man she has chosen to spend her life with, Charlotte de Nay, Adrianglia’s most renowned healer, flees to the Edge where she makes a new home for herself until her life is shattered once again by vicious slavers. Joining forces with Richard Mar, who has his own reasons for hunting those who prey on the innocent, Charlotte vows to defeat those behind the scourge of slavery at any cost.

An action packed story, a charming romance, but numerous questions are unanswered, and as this is the final installment, it would seem that they will remain that way.

The slavery plot, which was hinted at in book #1, comes full circle in a story that is divided into to parts. In the first section, Charlotte and Richard join forces to unmask the villains responsible for the slave trade, and in the second, they work toward destroying the enterprise once and for all. While both parts are action packed and exciting, there is a certain lack of closure due to the open issues such as what happens to Jason Parris, will Erian return, does Elvei get his heir, and has the Spider survived Charlotte’s magic?.

Charlotte and Richard’s romance has the chemistry and emotional intensity that has been lacking in the last couple of books. Both Charlotte and Richard have been hurt in the past and each of them fills a void in the other’s heart that makes them complete. Thus, even though their connection is initially based on the dangers of their situation, the relationship develops realistically as the attraction turns into a deep affection and love.

As always, the secondary characters are one of the best aspects of the book. George and Jack, Grandma Eleonore and Sophie, all contribute to fleshing out the complex world building and storyline. There are hints at further character development and I can only hope that we will be seeing more of them in a spin-off series.

In sum, Steel’s Edge is an enjoyable end to the Edge story arc, but it is a little disappointing that there are so many unresolved plot threads.
  Lauren2013 | Jun 1, 2016 |
Charlotte is a healer of extraordinary talent. When her husband dumps her because she can't have kids, she goes off to the Edge. That's where she meets Richard and finds out about the slavers in a very brutal way.

They team up and of course fall in love along the way. This was not a bad ending to a short series. Kind of wish it could go on, but that's not our choice. ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |
Charlotte and Richard tow very different people are thrown together in dire circumstances. He is known as The Hunter, and comes from common relations and he hunts/kills slave runners. He is excellent with flashing and using his sword. She is the most talented healer and a member of a very blue, blue blood family.her life has been sheltered and focused on healing till Richard derails things. He shows up one day at her place of rest, near death and being chased by viscous salvers who will stop at nothing to get him. Saving his life comes at a very high cost. They travel through towns looking for revenge and encounter death, torture and love.
I enjoyed this last book in this wonderful series. I loved seeing George and Jack again. *They are two of my favorite characters. I did not really connect with Charlotte and Richard. I don't know why. I love the world, the story just not them so much. I really hope the authors bring George and Jack into their own books some day. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
So sad to see The Edge books end; I have really enjoyed this series! There were some wonderful characters. ( )
  CC123 | Aug 10, 2015 |
[b:Steel's Edge|12119496|Steel's Edge (The Edge, #4)|Ilona Andrews|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1341723527s/12119496.jpg|17088789] is supposed to be the last book in Andrews’ “The Edge” series. Charlotte moved to the Edge after her illusions about her husband and life were shattered. She worked hard to build a new life for herself but it’s all destroyed one afternoon when she agrees to help an injured man. Now she’s set on taking her revenge and will use Richard Marr’s help to get it. I really loved Charlotte and thought the dynamics of her magic were interesting. However, I felt like there were a few minor plot threads that weren’t finished by the end. So, I’m hoping this means the Andrews writing team haven’t completely finished writing stories in this world. ( )
  Book_Minx | Jan 24, 2015 |

Ilona Andrewsprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Raudman, RenéeReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed

Charlotte de Ney, a blueblood from the Weird with magical healing abilities, finds her new life in the Edge disrupted when Richard Mar, a swordsman seeking to wipe out slavers trafficking humans, is brought to her for treatment.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,172,533 books! | Top bar: Always visible