Delusion in Death by J. D. Robb

Delusion in Death (edition 2013)

by J. D. Robb

Title:Delusion in Death
Authors:J. D. Robb
Info:Berkley (2013), Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages

Delusion In Death by J. D. Robb

Recently added bymtberry2, tottman, CWSC, KirbyBullockLi, kwds2, marolyn, Rena37, private library, user4574

Is probably my least favorite of the in-death books -- which is probably my favorite series. The story was typical Dallas/Rourke, which isn't a complaint. One of the things I like about the series is the familiarity of the character interactions, and I think that's why I was disappointed by this one. The mystery part was typical and I enjoyed that. But there didn't seem to be as much interaction from the familiar characters I enjoy. Peabody wasn't as much of a presence as usual, and there other regulars barely showed up (McNabb, Freeny, Nadine; even Rourke's man (I forget his name at the moment) - even he seemed less there than usual.)

It wasn't bad it just seemed to be missing the ensemble-feel I usually get from this series. It also seemed a lot shorter than usual. (I'm going to go back and read the Amazon description - maybe this was a novella or something....) ( )
  Melayla | Jun 11, 2016 |
Per usual the dialogue between Eve and Roarke is witty banter and through it all you see how much they love each other. It was also great to see familiar characters such as Summerset get expanded upon in this novel. Also story lines from previous novels are followed up in this one. Another great Eve Dallas book. ( )
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
Not a true review as I only read to page 94. I expect at some stage I will finish this but for now I need to put Eve and Roarke aside.
I have read all of the In Death books to date, this is the first that I stalled on. In spite of the crime to be solved, it just felt very formulaic to me, missing the spark, so to speak. ( )
  lostkiwi | May 26, 2016 |
Case number 44 for Eve Dallas has the most brutal crime imaginable. Set in a future where technology allows for a very fast analysis of evidence and information is available online easily, the focus of the investigation is on the people and their motivation .This makes for a fast paced and enjoyable read. I'm sure to come back to the series. ( )
  sushicat | Jan 14, 2016 |
Good ending! Wish I could see Eve with pink boots and rainbow sunglasses :) ( )
  kara-karina | Nov 20, 2015 |
And I looked, and behold a pale horse:

and his name that sat on him was Death,

And Hell folloerd with him.

— The Bible

Cry Havoc! and let slip the dogs or war.

— William Shakespeare
After a killer day at the office, nothing smoothed those raw edges like happy hour.

It was just another after-work happy-hour bar downtown, where business professionals unwound with a few drinks . . .until something went terribly wrong. And after twelve minutes of chaos and violence, eighty people lay dead.

Lieutenant Eve Dallas is trying to sort out the inexplicable events. Surviving witnesses talk about seeing things—monsters and swarms of bees. They describe sudden, overwhelming feelings of fear and rage and paranoia. When forensics gives its report, the mass delusions make more sense: It appears the
bar patrons were exposed to a cocktail of chemicals and illegal drugs that could drive anyone to temporary insanity—if not kill them outright.

But that doesn’t explain who would unleash such horror—or why. And if Eve can’t figure it out fast, it could happen again, anytime, anywhere. Because it’s airborne. . . .

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:12 -0400)

When a downtown bar erupts in sudden violence that leaves eighty people dead, Lieutenant Eve Dallas discovers that the bar's patrons were exposed to a lethal cocktail of chemicals and illegal drugs that a sinister killer administered through an airborne method.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,817,872 books! | Top bar: Always visible