Delusion in Death by J. D. Robb

Delusion in Death (edition 2013)

by J. D. Robb

Member:davejohnson
Title:Delusion in Death
Authors:J. D. Robb
Info:Berkley (2013), Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Rating:**

Delusion In Death by J. D. Robb

Case number 44 for Eve Dallas has the most brutal crime imaginable. Set in a future where technology allows for a very fast analysis of evidence and information is available online easily, the focus of the investigation is on the people and their motivation .This makes for a fast paced and enjoyable read. I'm sure to come back to the series. ( )
  sushicat | Jan 14, 2016 |
Good ending! Wish I could see Eve with pink boots and rainbow sunglasses :) ( )
  kara-karina | Nov 20, 2015 |
Office workers and executives alike often like to go to a nearby bar to unwind after a long work-day. This day was no different in the crowded New York establishment. No different until everyone started killing each other for now apparent reason. Twelve minutes later 80 people are dead. Enter Eve Dallas and her entourage. Discovering the manner behind the killings is as puzzling as the reason. Of course Eve, et al, persevere and eventually discover a trail leading all the way back to the Urban Wars.

I enjoyed this book because I am invested in the series (this one comes in at # 35) and I found it to be more concentrated on the case than the characters. That’s okay. In the last two books we caught up with everyone’s lives, so it was time for a really interesting murder-focused book.

If I could ask Ms. Robb (aka Nora Roberts) one question it would be “why is Eve losing her edge”? I liked her “sandpapery” and find her giving in a little too often. Rourke is taking on a very Christian Grey-esque demanding/stalking persona and Eve just lets him get away with it making her seem a little less in control of her life. Is it just me? Or, are other fans of the series feeling the same way?
  ChristineEllei | Jul 14, 2015 |
Another great addition to the series. Although I'm a bit disappointed they didn't do an "Eve gets infected" scene. IT would have been fascinating.
I hope this series never ends. ( )
  ariel.kirst | Nov 14, 2014 |
Love this series and J D Robb doesn't disappoint! ( )
  JillNYC | Oct 26, 2014 |
And I looked, and behold a pale horse:

and his name that sat on him was Death,

And Hell folloerd with him.

— The Bible

Cry Havoc! and let slip the dogs or war.

— William Shakespeare
After a killer day at the office, nothing smoothed those raw edges like happy hour.

It was just another after-work happy-hour bar downtown, where business professionals unwound with a few drinks . . .until something went terribly wrong. And after twelve minutes of chaos and violence, eighty people lay dead.

Lieutenant Eve Dallas is trying to sort out the inexplicable events. Surviving witnesses talk about seeing things—monsters and swarms of bees. They describe sudden, overwhelming feelings of fear and rage and paranoia. When forensics gives its report, the mass delusions make more sense: It appears the
bar patrons were exposed to a cocktail of chemicals and illegal drugs that could drive anyone to temporary insanity—if not kill them outright.

But that doesn’t explain who would unleash such horror—or why. And if Eve can’t figure it out fast, it could happen again, anytime, anywhere. Because it’s airborne. . . .

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:12 -0400)

When a downtown bar erupts in sudden violence that leaves eighty people dead, Lieutenant Eve Dallas discovers that the bar's patrons were exposed to a lethal cocktail of chemicals and illegal drugs that a sinister killer administered through an airborne method.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,250,184 books! | Top bar: Always visible