No title

Authors:
Info:
Collections:

The Wrong Man by David Ellis

I liked this book a lot up until the scene where Jason and Joel attack and neutralize the goons sent by Randall Manning to kill Jason. That entire scene reminded me of the scene from Home Alone where Macauley Culkin sabotages the plans of the home invaders/robbers in an hilarious machievellian plot. Trouble is that was a feel good comedy and this is a legal thriller. Mr Ellis lost me there and from then on I felt the book slipping down hill, from his brutal attack on one of the conspirators to his outthinking the FBI. ( )
  susannelson | Dec 26, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Sometimes a book and a reader just don't mesh, and this is one of those times. I thought as I was reading that the suspense and mystery were well-played. On the other hand, I've been trying on and off for a year to finish the book and finally decided to give up. The writer hooked me, but he didn't keep me on the line and reel me in. Nevertheless, I liked it well enough to keep giving it a go for a long time.

In accordance with FTC guidelines, please note that I received an advance copy for review via LibraryThing Early Reviewers in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  TheLoopyLibrarian | Nov 7, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This was my first David Ellis book, but it won't be my last. I was drawn to this book because of the subject matter, and it didn't disappoint. My favorite parts were the court scenes. Ellis has a way with building up the suspense.
  LiteraryFeline | Apr 9, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This was my first read by David Ellis and I doubt if it'll be my last. Jason Kolarich is a character that approaches life and work with intelligence and humor. Mr. Kolarich is a lawyer hired to represent an Iraq war veteran and this case is much more than meets the eye. The more Kolarich discovers the more secrets he finds. The story has enough twists and turns to keep the reader interested from the beginning to the end. If you love mystery, suspense or legal thrillers then this is the book for you. ( )
  BookDivasReads | Dec 19, 2012 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Jason Kolarich is approached by the aunt of an Iraq war vet who is accused of a random murder but is unable to participate in his defense due the mental trauma and PTSD. The more Jason is pulled into the case the more secrets he uncovers.

This is the third book in the Kolarich series and I am eager to read the next. Ellis does a great job of creating mystery and suspense without seeming contrived. There are surprises around every corner. ( )
  cal8769 | Aug 5, 2012 |

When Jason Kolarich accepts the case of a homeless Iraq War veteran accused of murdering a young paralegal, his course seems clear: to mount an insanity defense for a man suffering so badly from post-traumatic stress disorder that he has no real memory of the crime. But as Kolarich digs deeper, he realizes that, unlikely as it seems, his client is probably innocent. Only days before her death, the murdered paralegal had stumbled on something she wasn’t supposed to know . . . information that someone would kill to keep secret. Her murder was no random crime but a targeted hit, and the wrong man was charged.

As Jason Kolarich races to discover the truth in time to save his client, he finds himself embroiled in a mystery involving the Mob, a mysterious assassin known only as “Gin Rummy,” and a conspiracy of wealthy international terrorists with explosive plans for his city. With thousands of lives at stake, Kolarich has more on the line than ever before . . . and time is running out.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:26:08 -0400)

When Jason Kolarich accepts the case of a homeless Iraq War veteran accused of murdering a young paralegal, his course seems clear: to mount an insanity defense for a man suffering so badly from post-traumatic stress disorder that he has no real memory of the crime. But as Kolarich digs deeper, he realizes that, unlikely as it seems, his client is probably innocent. Only days before her death, the murdered paralegal had stumbled onto something she wasn't supposed to know . . . information that someone would kill to keep secret. Her murder was no random crime but a targeted hit, and the wrong man was charged. As Jason Kolarich races to discover the truth in time to save his client, he finds himself embroiled in a mystery involving the Mob, a mysterious assassin known only as "Gin Rummy," and a conspiracy of wealthy international terrorists with explosive plans for his city. With thousands of lives at stake, Kolarich has more on the line than ever before . . . and time is running out.… (more)

33 wanted2 pay6 pay

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

The Wrong Man by David Ellis was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,392,330 books! | Top bar: Always visible