One Good Earl Deserves a Lover: The Second…

One Good Earl Deserves a Lover: The Second Rule of Scoundrels (The First… (edition 2013)

by Sarah MacLean

Member:The_Book_Queen
Title:One Good Earl Deserves a Lover: The Second Rule of Scoundrels (The First Rule of Scoundrels)
Authors:Sarah MacLean
Info:Avon (2013), Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Tags:Own, Avon, Avon Addicts, For Review, Historical, Romance, Read in 2012, England, ARC Copy

One Good Earl Deserves a Lover by Sarah MacLean

I cannot get enough of Sarah MacLean and her Scoundrels! I enjoyed this book so much I'm tempted to go back and re-read it right now. Defintely worth the wait. Loved Pippa and Cross. Pippa's factoids throughout are fantastic and poor, tortured Cross...well, that just makes him a little yummier, in my opinion. ( )
  seanbata | Jun 14, 2015 |
I'm trying to decide if this was as good as the first one. I think it's just different. The premise is hilarious. Bluestocking sister engaged to the nice, dependable yawn of a man she's not in love with insists on knowing what to expect on her wedding night. So after thorough consideration, she picks a rake of the first order from her brother in law's gaming hall, breaks in and propositions him. Of course, his intellect is a great match for her and he can't help but be attracted to her brains and brash behavior. Then, after many hijinks and bad guys threatening bad things, they fall in love. The end. :)

Ok, not quite so simple. And as much as I just made fun of it, it was a tremendously entertaining read. I'm definitely getting the next book in the series. ( )
  mullgirl | Jun 8, 2015 |
If I could give this book ten stars I would. Love love loved it. ( )
  AubreyGross | May 20, 2015 |
4 ½ Stars ( )
  BookaholicCat | Mar 4, 2015 |
This historical romance had a good premise but the majority of the book was characters thoughts. I struggled to keep reading, started skipping big chunks, read a little near the end then gave up. The basic story could have been told in 100 pages or less. Lady Philippa asks gaming hell owner Cross to help with her ruination.
  Dawn772 | Jan 29, 2015 |
There were benefits to being the second son.

Lady Philippa Marbury is... odd

The brilliant, bespectacled daughter of a double marquess cares more for books than balls, for science than the season, and for laboratories than love. She's looking forward to marrying her simple fiancé and living out her days quietly with her dogs and her scientific experiments. But before that, Pippa has two weeks to experience all the rest—fourteen days to research the exciting parts of life. It's not much time, and to do it right she needs a guide familiar with London's darker corners.

She needs... a Scoundrel

She needs Cross, the clever, controlled partner in London's most exclusive gaming hell, with a carefully crafted reputation for wickedness. But reputations often hide the darkest secrets, and when the unconventional Pippa boldly propositions him, seeking science without emotion, she threatens all he works to protect. He is tempted to give Pippa precisely what she wants . . . but the scoundrel is more than he seems, and it will take every ounce of his willpower to resist giving the lady more than she ever imagined.

Before getting married, Lady Philippa Marbury has fourteen days to learn more about the darker side of life and hires Cross, the owner of an exclusive gaming hell, to give her a taste of London's wicked underworld.

Sarah MacLean is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,909,718 books! | Top bar: Always visible