What's Left of Me by Kat Zhang

What's Left of Me (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Kat Zhang

Member:readr
Title:What's Left of Me
Authors:Kat Zhang
Info:HarperCollins Children's Books (2012), Paperback
Collections:Your library, 2012 Honorable Mention
Tags:fiction, dystopia, identity, teen

What's left of me by Kat Zhang (2012)

English (64)  Italian (2)  All languages (66)
Such a bright idea for a new book. I feel like Kat Zhang could have squeezed this idea a hell of a lot more! I was expecting way more from this. It was okay to read, but sometimes it got a bit boring. ( )
  jayelaglez | Jul 31, 2015 |
It was good, but it was a little confusing. I still had a lot of questions at the end of the book. ( )
  PrescottKris | Jan 26, 2015 |
I really enjoyed this, and am looking forward to reading the next in the series. A thought-provoking concept (an alternate reality where two souls are born into each body). The book had a meditative, thoughtful quality, but never felt too slow paced to me. There was plenty of tension to keep me reading quickly! And I found the characters compelling -- I especially loved the rich and complicated relationship between Addie and Eva, and their interactions with Devon/Ryan. While the focus of this book seemed to be more intimate, on Addie and Eva, the larger-scale world was very intriguing and I look forward to learning more about it.

Also, very cool cover!
  devafagan | Jan 2, 2015 |
Brilliant novel about two souls residing in one body and the danger these "hybrids" seem to represent to the government. Glad to have this recommended to me and I can't wait to read the next one! ( )
  olegalCA | Dec 9, 2014 |
  olegalCA | Dec 9, 2014 |
For my mother and father, in thanks for everything they have taught me about life
Addie and I were born into the same body, our souls' ghostly fingers entwined before we gasped our first breath.

"Eva and Addie started out the same way as everyone else-- two souls woven together in one body, taking turns controlling their movements as they learned how to walk, how to sing, how to dance. But as they grew, so did the worried whispers. Why aren't they settling? Why isn't one of them fading? The doctors ran tests, the neighbors shied away, and their parents begged for more time. Finally Addie was pronounced healthy and Eva was declared gone. Except, she wasn't. For the past three years, Eva has clung to the remnants of her life. Only Addie knows she's still there, trapped inside their body. Then one day, they discover there may be a way for Eva to move again. The risks are unimaginable-- hybrids are considered a threat to society, so if they are caught, Addie and Eva will be locked away with the others. And yet-- for a chance to smile, to twirl, to speak, Eva will do anything" -- from publisher's web site.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,009,423 books! | Top bar: Always visible