Terry's Upside by Richard Bonte

Terry's Upside (edition 2010)

by Richard Bonte

Terry's Upside by Richard Bonte

Recently added byAllizabeth, AmandaKerr

No tags.

Description:

Rod Lafleur lives a comfortable life in Paris with his family and their twenty thousand inherited gift shares of the Allen Toy Company. Privately owned, the company has prospered, although the Lefleurs and their relations have no say in, or ownership of the company. Unfortunately, this means that the inherited shares are worthless in the open market, and therefore aren't making the shareholders any real profit. Cue Terry Roberts, Rod's distant cousin who shows up unexpectedly with a moneymaking scheme that brings out the greediness in everyone. Is Terry really who she claims to be? Or is there something more sinister behind her motives? Can Rod find the truth before it's too late?

Review:

The fist thing I noticed about Terry's Upside was its strange cover, why a moss-covered tree? Is the author referring to the family "tree" and the relationships shared by the characters? I also wondered about the book's overall format - was it originally written as a screenplay? Why were there no quotation marks when the characters were speaking? I am a bit obsessive about punctuation, so this pet peeve was a little hard to get over. Overall, I enjoyed the characters and the story-line, but I wasn't a fan of the pace. I found that it lacked the action and "thrills" I am used to, so the reading was slow going. I also wasn't too crazy about the legal terminology. I did however enjoy the ending, which I wasn't expecting. I wish Richard Bonte much luck on future books, the idea was great, but this one just wasn't my cup of tea. If you are a fan of legal financial thrillers, this book may be for you.

Rating: Bounty's Out (3/5)

*** I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest and unbiased review. ( )
  Allizabeth | Apr 15, 2012 |

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,140,904 books! | Top bar: Always visible