No title

Authors:
Info:
Collections:

Wicked Weekend by Gillian Archer

This [book is] purely about sex. No strings, just hot and naughty sex, nothing else.But it isn’t. There’s more to the story than just bedroom antics – although I thoroughly enjoyed said antics.I loved the cover. It’s playful and sexy – much like the story itself. I really enjoyed the story. It starts off with Lauren Vaughn being miserable at her sister’s combined bachelor/bachelorette party – jealous that her sister has managed to snag the man of Lauren’s daydreams and not enjoying the company of the other party guests. That is until Lauren spies a stranger with a black handkerchief in his back pocket… and a very fine behind Lauren’s been researching the dominant/submissive lifestyle online and is more than a little intrigued by handsome dom.Jamie Forman quickly introduces himself to Lauren and quick as can be, they embark in a wicked weekend that will change Lauren’s life (or at least her sex life) forever.The story is really enjoyable. It’s spicy and addresses some of the issues that I’ve read about the lifestyle in other BDSM novels. I liked that Lauren made sure to call a friend and check in before her night with her handsome stranger (although I would have liked it if Lauren checked his ID too just to make sure he was who he said he was) – as well as getting someone to vouch for Jamie’s character – but it still felt a little too quick for me. They exchange names and before they can discuss anything else they’re involved in a full blown conversation about the lifestyle and how much Lauren knows about it. It just felt… a little too forward? But then again… this is a novella and it is just a novel. Sometimes I think I can get a little too hung up on the details. Some of the language used wasn’t my cup of tea. I don’t like it when dirty talk is too harsh or too… gritty? With that said, it fit the situation. Lauren was into it As for the characters? I thought they were really well written. Lauren was slightly socially awkward but really amusing with her inner dialogue. I was really glad to see that she managed to be more comfortable with herself and also managed to find some common ground with her sister. Jamie, the super confident and experienced Dom, endeared himself more to me as the story went on and we got to see that he wasn’t all that he appeared at the start. There was a lot of character growth despite this only being a novella. There were times when I felt that Lauren was being slightly hypocritical but I was glad to see that those issues were addressed before the end of the story. I really enjoyed Wicked Weekend. Yes, there were some things I wasn’t overly fond of but this was a steamy love story that in the end was a pleasure to read.Rating: 3.5 out of 5 ( )
  kashtastic | Jul 1, 2012 |
Lauren's always felt that her younger sister was the beauty of the family. She also realizes it was a mistake to introduce Crystal to the guy from work Lauren has always had a crush on, Pierce. Now the two of them are engaged and constantly all over each other and Lauren just can't take it anymore. Then across the room a gorgeous hunk catches her checking out his hot butt, but she knows he'll never go for someone like her. Next thing she knows, he's by her side and she decides to take a chance and spice up her night.

Wicked Weekend is hot, hot, hot! Wow, I got into this book instantly and refused to give it up for anyone or anything. If you want "hot-and-bothered", you'll get it with this book…oh yeah! The emotion, the storyline, the sex are all intense and Ms. Archer went to the top of my favorite author list. The sex is explicit and erotic to the max. Wicked Weekend is not only a must read, but a keeper too! I will be talking about this one often and repeatedly to my fellow romance addicts. I am anxiously awaiting more from Gillian Archer!
  Bookshellz | Mar 17, 2012 |

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,168,548 books! | Top bar: Always visible