Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi

Through the Ever Night (edition 2013)

by Veronica Rossi

Member:ExLibris_Kate
Title:Through the Ever Night
Authors:Veronica Rossi
Info:HarperCollins (2013), Hardcover, 352 pages
Rating:*****

Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi

LOVED it! Can't wait for book 3!
  michele.juza | Feb 25, 2015 |
Overall it was pretty good. Bit slow towards the beginning and not a whole lot happened until the last 100 pages and then all the action/big events were kind of jammed in towards the end. I would like to see where the story goes, but I wish there had been more to this book because it felt fairly short. Full review to come later. ( )
  luminescent_bookworm | Jan 27, 2015 |
This is going down as one of my favorite YA series with the last book being the best of the three (a feat in and of itself). Beautiful, funny, sweet, heart-breaking, and thrilling- I devoured it in one day. The thing that surprised me most was that my favorite thing about this series was Aria's and Roar's friendship. Usually I am all about the romance but I felt no need for these two to be together romantically. Their closeness and care for each other was so endearing, their interactions often had me laughing. And the greatest thing was it did not diminish the romance between Aria and Perry but rather enhanced it. It took away the problem that most YA love stories have (the two only caring about each other without friends or interests outside of their relationship).

The end was good without being too perfect. It was fitting. Aria is a fantastic heroine. She is written as badass but not in a cheesy way. She is smart and funny. She doesn't take anyone's crap but she always willing to forgive and open her heart to people. I wish more leading ladies were written like her.

Highly, highly recommend this series. ( )
  krystalwhatsername | Dec 28, 2014 |
Rarely do you find that book 2 in a trilogy is stronger than book 1, but that's what happens here.

We pick up a few months after Under the Never Sky ends, and finally the author gives me some answers about the Aether storms. I'm not sure if she didn't have an explanation in book 1 or not, but those are the kind of details that I want. The world building was somewhat better in this book, and I liked Perry and Aria more as well. They were better fleshed out characters this time around and there was more action rather than just walking from place to place as they did in book 1.

Perry is now Blood Lord of the Tides, and Aria is recovering from the shock of her mother's death. They reunite and continue to search for the Still Blue--their only hope for safety in their deteriorating world. Perry makes mistakes, as any young leader would. Aria makes a mature decision to work with Soren for the greater good. And Perry and Aria get a taste for the obstacles they will need to overcome to make their relationship work. Also, more Roar, Reef, Marron and Cinder. All good things.

Looking forward to reading the conclusion in book 3. ( )
  GovMarley | Oct 7, 2014 |
I have read mixed reviews about this book but, I have to say I simply love this trilogy. I thought long about why I like it so much and others don't. I came to the conclusion that it is the romance I love throughout the book. It is so tender and well written it also doesn't shy away from the physical side of attraction that other YA novels do.

It has been a criticism with may trilogies that the second book can drop off and be the poor relation to the other two. This is certainly not the case with Through the Ever Night. In fact I would say that this book is better than the first. The characters are well developed and engaging my favourite actually is one of the supporting characters. Roar for me is someone that I wish was my friend he is loyal, funny and charismatic. I have to also say that I love the two main characters although some have said they do not.

Another strength of this trilogy is that the books finish. Both novels have a start, middle and end and do not rely on the other two books to complete part of the story. There is also enough joy in reading them to make you want to continue with the series. For me this is fast becoming one of my favourite YA trilogies and with competition such as The Hunger Games and Divergent that is quite a claim. ( )
  samarnold1975 | Sep 25, 2014 |

Hoping to be reunited after months of separation, Aria and Perry are met with hostility by Dweller-resenting Tides before a Aether storm threatens the tribe's existence, forcing Aria to consider leaving Perry to save both their lives.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,006,923 books! | Top bar: Always visible