The Inn at Rose Harbor by Debbie Macomber

The Inn at Rose Harbor

by Debbie Macomber

This is the first of the Rose Harbor series. Jo Marie Rose is a young recent widow. She married Paul Rose shortly before he shipped over seas to fight in Afghanistan. Jo Marie was crushed when she learned that Paul had been killed in a helicopter crash. She was surprised at the large insurance payout that she received but it allowed her to change her life and to move one without Paul.
This is a very heartfelt and somewhat emotional read and a wonderful beginning to the series. Its well written, easy to read and has wonderful totally likable characters. I do hope there will be more to this series. ( )
  bettysunflower | Sep 19, 2014 |
I was a little disappointed with this book because of all the coincidences. However, I did cry over Rover and Josh at the end. I will be reading the next one in the series because I just love her books. ( )
  annertan | Jul 31, 2014 |
rabck tag - trade paperback advance copy. Nice sweet easy story about a young widow who buys a turn-key B&B in Cedar Cove, the people of Cedar Cove and the first two guests that Jo Marie has. ( )
  nancynova | Apr 14, 2014 |
Typical book from Debbie Macomber. No surprises. ( )
  gail616 | Apr 9, 2014 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I agree this is truly a book for romantics. Mrs. Macomber doesn't disappoint though, I just think this type of book is for fans of Nora Roberts or Robyn Carr. ( )
  ijpanko | Dec 10, 2013 |

Stitches Conferences,

Benjamin Levisay

and

Rick Mondragon
Last night I dreamed of Paul.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0345528921, Hardcover)

Amazon Exclusive: Essay by Debbie Macomber

For anyone who's ever written or read a book series, no matter how deeply loved the setting, the town and the people, there's always one small complication.

Characters and character names.

By the end of three or four books, let alone thirteen or fourteen, there are a bazillion characters. You can't use the name Joe because he was the plumber in Book Three and if you introduce another Joe, the reader will assume he was the same plumber ten books back. And trust me, the reader will remember because Joe Someone out there in Reader Land had an Uncle Joe who was a plumber and they were so pleased to see a writer mention their Uncle Joe.

It's not only the readers who need a refresher course when it comes to remembering five thousand different characters. By book six, I needed a bible for my Cedar Cove series. It took up as much space on my hard drive as an entire manuscript.

For this reason, when I decided to create another series, I needed to devise a way of limiting the amount of characters. That's not as easy as it sounds. I briefly considered establishing a settlement on the moon, but that doesn't exactly live up to my branding statement: Wherever you are, Debbie Macomber takes you home.

Then I had the idea—brilliant, if I do say so myself—of using a bed and breakfast as the location for my new series. A lovely inn, a place of healing and of hope. But most importantly, the guests will come and—after telling their amazing stories—they will drift away, never to be forgotten but never to appear again. If Joe does come for a stay, I won't need to remember that he was a plumber ten books ago and what connections he has to the community. He's simply a guest. In an inn with lots of other guests who come and go. But as with any good inn, hopefully they'll feel right at home during their stay. And hopefully readers will too.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:53:39 -0400)

Jo Marie Rose opens the Rose Harbor Inn bed and breakfast in Cedar Cove in order to start a new life, but the inn and its first guests bring surprises into Jo's life.

514 wanted2 pay5 pay

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

The Inn at Rose Harbor by Debbie Macomber was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,888,082 books! | Top bar: Always visible