Walt Disney's Cinderella (a Little…

Walt Disney's Cinderella (a Little Golden Book) (1950)

by RH Disney

Summary: The story follows Cinderella, a young girl who is mistreated by her evil stepmother and stepsisters. Her fairy godmother helps her go to the ball so she can meet the prince and they end up falling in love. However, she needs to leave at midnight and loses her shoes so the prince tries to find her.

Personal connection: Cinderella is one of my favorite Disney stories, and not as scary as the original Grimm Brothers story. It is a reminder that if you are kind you will be rewarded.

Class use: Talk about the importance of being kind. ( )
  allisonpollack | Apr 30, 2015 |
I have mixed feelings about this book after reading it. There are two reasons why I like this book, and one reason why I don’t. The first reason why I like this book is because of the illustrations. The illustrations are very bright and colorful. There are also many illustrations on each page of the book that goes along with the story. I like how there are multiple illustrations on one page because it allows the reader to really see what is going on. Also, I like how when a character is talking, there is an illustration of them next to the text. For example, on one page of the book the mice are talking about how Cinderella doesn’t have time to make a dress and they are going to make it for her. Next to the text, there are pictures of all the mice such as Gus and Jack. The text says “a fat mouse named Gus”, and “a skinny mouse named Jack”. The descriptions of the two mice are then portrayed in the illustrations. The second reason I like this book is because it pushes the reader to think about tough issues and broadens perspectives. Throughout the book, all Cinderella did was listen to her stepmother and stepsisters and never did what she wanted. I feel that children can somewhat relate to these aspects of the book. In the end, Cinderella learns to stop taking orders and lives her life happily ever after. The one reason why I don’t like this book is because of how some of the characters are portrayed. This book makes children create a stereotype about stepmothers and sister and how they are evil. I don’t like this because the characters are unbelievable. Overall, I think the main idea of this story is to show its readers that if you work hard like Cinderella you will eventually get what you’ve been working for. Also, it create imagination and creativity within its readers minds. ( )
  LaurenVormack | Apr 14, 2015 |
In my opinion, this is a great children's book. I really enjoyed the characters in this book. In Today's society, I feel that children can relate to the struggled life Cinderella lives. They may not experience the same situations but they still experience the concept of overcoming life's difficulties.
I also really liked the illustrations throughout the book. The illustrations show the expressions/ emotions of all the characters especially Cinderella. This helps the students connect with the story and feel the emotions that are present throughout the book.
The main idea of this story is to always follow your heart. A dream is a wish your heart makes. ( )
  csmith109 | Mar 12, 2015 |
Little Golden Books are good moderate picture books. They have lots of pictures but some have quite a bit of words. The Cinderella story is the classic Disney movie shortened, but mostly the same story line. Good for first grade and up
  bzittlosen | Dec 17, 2014 |
This book covers all the imposrtant parts of the Cinderella story and has interserting enough drawings! If your kids need a book about Cinderella than this would be a great book to purchase.
  Enessa | Dec 7, 2014 |

Is an adaptation of

Once upon a time, in a faraway kingdom, there lived a widowed gentleman and his lovely daughter, Ella.
(Little Golden Book edition) Once upon a time in a far-away land lived a sweet and pretty girl named Cinderella.

The most beloved princess movie of all time—Disney's Cinderella—is retold in the classic Little Golden Book format. It's perfect for Disney Princess fans ages 2-5, and available just in time for the movie's Diamond Edition DVD and Blu-ray release in fall 2012.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:33:29 -0400)

With the help of her fairy godmother, a kitchen maid mistreated by her stepmother and stepsisters attends the palace ball where she meets the prince of her dreams.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,292,347 books! | Top bar: Always visible