Walt Disney's Cinderella (a Little…

Walt Disney's Cinderella (a Little Golden Book) (1950)

by RH Disney

Summary:

Review: ( )
  Kweber8 | Oct 19, 2014 |
This tradition literature book begins with the death of Cinderella’s father. The only people she had left were a cruel stepmother and two terrible stepsisters. Cinderella was forced to become a servant in her own home. There was a Royal Ball, and despite her stepmother’s plans, Cinderella was able to attend with the help of her fairy godmother. In the end, Cinderella’s dreams come true when she marries her prince.
  astinchavez | Oct 16, 2014 |
I have always loved this book. A reason for this being the story is simple and classic. I like that it is predictable and you know she will end up with her happily ever after married to the prince. Another reason I like this book is because the character of Cinderella is an underdog and the author makes you root for her. Through her stepmothers mistreatment of her (making her do many chores while her stepsisters get to lounge around the castle) you cheer for when she pursues her own interests and sneaks out to the ball.
I think the big idea of this story is that you should always believe in yourself and take charge of your life. ( )
  StephanieWeiner | Oct 5, 2014 |
I loved this book. It reminded me of my childhood because I had two stepsisters who were favored a lot from my step mom over me. Cinderella took a lot of crap from her evil step mom and stepsisters. She was pretty much a slave by doing everything for them. When her parents died and she was left with her wicked stepmother and stepsisters. She ended up going to a ball and meeting a prince. ( )
  JennaJ | Sep 30, 2014 |
Disney’s Cinderella is a classic and timeless tale about a girl whose parents die and she is left with a wicked stepmother and stepsisters who treat her horribly but one day she goes to a ball and meets a handsome prince. This tale offers a delightful message about good always being triumphant over evil and that if you keep believing you dreams will come true. I love this book not just because it is a timeless tale but because of the development of the plot and the fun characters that are offered throughout the book.
The plot offers a lot to the story and is pretty well developed for a children’s book. For example when Cinderella can’t find time to make her dress and for a while the reader doesn’t even know what will happen. The plot then picks up and her mice friends make the dress for her but you don’t know if they will finish on time. It continues to develop with Cinderella losing her slipper and you not knowing if she will ever get her prince. This is something I feel contributed greatly to the story, really captured the reader’s attention and helped to make the reader more interested.
A final thing I liked about it was the fun characters and the silliness of them. A good example of this is Cinderella’s mice friends, they are so silly and one specifically, Gus is so silly and absent minded that it adds to the story. Along with making the book more entertaining and providing comic relief. ( )
  BriaCoogle | Sep 29, 2014 |

Is an adaptation of

Once upon a time, in a faraway kingdom, there lived a widowed gentleman and his lovely daughter, Ella.
(Little Golden Book edition) Once upon a time in a far-away land lived a sweet and pretty girl named Cinderella.

The most beloved princess movie of all time—Disney's Cinderella—is retold in the classic Little Golden Book format. It's perfect for Disney Princess fans ages 2-5, and available just in time for the movie's Diamond Edition DVD and Blu-ray release in fall 2012.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:33:29 -0400)

With the help of her fairy godmother, a kitchen maid mistreated by her stepmother and stepsisters attends the palace ball where she meets the prince of her dreams.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,406,362 books! | Top bar: Always visible