Walt Disney's Cinderella (a Little…

Walt Disney's Cinderella (a Little Golden Book) (1950)

by RH Disney

This book covers all the imposrtant parts of the Cinderella story and has interserting enough drawings! If your kids need a book about Cinderella than this would be a great book to purchase.
  Enessa | Dec 7, 2014 |
This retelling of Cinderella was very beautiful. I loved how bright and vivid the pictures were. You could see the sparkles on Cinderella’s dress and the different shades of blue. I also loved how simple the background images were. When Cinderella was shown in front of the castle, the castle was just an outline in the book. I really liked this because I felt like it gave the spot light to Cinderella,
The big idea of this story is to follow your dreams; after all, a dream is a wish your heart makes. ( )
  Jillian_Magee | Nov 9, 2014 |
This tradition literature book begins with the death of Cinderella’s father. The only people she had left were a cruel stepmother and two terrible stepsisters. Cinderella was forced to become a servant in her own home. There was a Royal Ball, and despite her stepmother’s plans, Cinderella was able to attend with the help of her fairy godmother. In the end, Cinderella’s dreams come true when she marries her prince.
  astinchavez | Oct 16, 2014 |
I have always loved this book. A reason for this being the story is simple and classic. I like that it is predictable and you know she will end up with her happily ever after married to the prince. Another reason I like this book is because the character of Cinderella is an underdog and the author makes you root for her. Through her stepmothers mistreatment of her (making her do many chores while her stepsisters get to lounge around the castle) you cheer for when she pursues her own interests and sneaks out to the ball.
I think the big idea of this story is that you should always believe in yourself and take charge of your life. ( )
  StephanieWeiner | Oct 5, 2014 |
Summary - Cinderella took a lot of crap from her evil step mom and stepsisters. She was pretty much a slave by doing everything for them. When her parents died and she was left with her wicked stepmother and stepsisters. She ended up going to a ball and meeting a prince.

Personal Reaction - I loved this book. It reminded me of my childhood because I had two stepsisters who were favored a lot from my step mom over me. It definetly reminded me of my past and things I had to go through that I don't want to remember, but it made me who I am today so I'm ok with that.

Classroom Extension ideas -
1. Find a glittery slipper and pretend it's like the glass slipper.
2. Draw a picture of a carriage. ( )
  JennaJ | Sep 30, 2014 |

Is an adaptation of

Once upon a time, in a faraway kingdom, there lived a widowed gentleman and his lovely daughter, Ella.
(Little Golden Book edition) Once upon a time in a far-away land lived a sweet and pretty girl named Cinderella.

The most beloved princess movie of all time—Disney's Cinderella—is retold in the classic Little Golden Book format. It's perfect for Disney Princess fans ages 2-5, and available just in time for the movie's Diamond Edition DVD and Blu-ray release in fall 2012.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:33:29 -0400)

With the help of her fairy godmother, a kitchen maid mistreated by her stepmother and stepsisters attends the palace ball where she meets the prince of her dreams.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,319,923 books! | Top bar: Always visible