Walt Disney's Cinderella (a Little…

Walt Disney's Cinderella (a Little Golden Book) (1950)

by RH Disney

This is a book that I would use with 1st-3rd grade. This is because many of the students in the class will already be familiar with and the vocabulary is not too difficult for them. I think because of the familiarity of the story and difficulty-level it is the perfect book for students to use as a readers theater. This way even the boys in the classroom who may not have previously been too interested in it will be motivated to read and engage in the story.
  aburgin01 | Apr 11, 2016 |
Summary
Cinderella is about a girl who lives with her step mother and two ugly step sisters. Cinderella is treated badly by them and is forced to do all of the chores around the house. One day, an invitation to the castle is sent to their home and Cinderella is told that if she gets all of her chores done she can go. With the help of her fairy godmother, Cinderella is able to go, but only until midnight. When the clock strikes midnight, Cinderella rushes out of the castle and loses her glass shoe. The next day, all of the eligible girls are asked to try the glass shoe on that Cinderella lost, but it does not fit anyone but her. Once the shoe fits, Cinderella and the Prince live happily, ever after.

Personal Reaction
This book has always been one of my favorites. I remember reading this book and hoping that one day my prince charming would come. Though it is fantasy, every girl, no matter her age, hopes that this happens to her.

Classroom Extension
1. The students could act out the story and possibly put on a play for the school.
2. My class could have a "Walt Disney Week" and one of the days could be one that they dress up as princes and princesses to school. We could also read the book and possibly watch the movie too. ( )
  MeganHeinrich | Mar 16, 2016 |
I love Walt Disney's Cinderella because it is just a classic tale of a princess. It includes all the classic fairy tale features such as the wicked step mother (plus two bonus wicked step sisters), a fairy god mother, and helpful animals. It is always a classic that you can read or watch to children. I loved it either way. I still love it now.
  JenniferPhillips | Feb 12, 2016 |
Age group(s): Early Elementary (K-3)
This is the traditional Cinderella that most of us grew up knowing. Cinderella is a girl who lives with her evil step mom and is forced to clean and do everything for her family. This is until she gets the chance to go to a ball where she meets the prince and then looses her glass slipper while trying to flee. The prince then searches until he finds her and makes her his princess. This is a very female-based story and follows the tradition fairytale storyline. This story carries a fairly easy plot that many kids can follow but you may lose the interest of some of the class that are not interested in princess stories. If I were to use this in the classroom I would use it to have students talk about their least favorite chore or something they’ve lost and if they got it back. I would try to stay away from the “lovey dovey” aspects of it. The illustrations in this book are great- of course. Disney always outdoes themselves when connecting movies and books. ( )
  katekatekathryn | Oct 12, 2015 |
This book is a traditional trade book. A story told by many books in many different ways but still manage to be the same story. This particular story involves Cinderella and her evil stepsisters. Cinderella wanted to go to the ball and her animal friends made her a dress. Her mean stepsisters ripped her dress apart so she couldn’t go. Of course, Cinderella fairy godmother comes into the picture and fixes everything. Cinderella goes, dances with the prince, loses her slipper, and is reunited with the slipper when she tries it on. When she tried it on, she proved that she was the one in fact meant for the prince. This book is good for a LEA approach. Students know this book well which makes it a perfect book. The illustrations of this book are very detailed. They help tell the story. ( )
  gtaft4 | Oct 1, 2015 |

Is an adaptation of

Once upon a time, in a faraway kingdom, there lived a widowed gentleman and his lovely daughter, Ella.
(Little Golden Book edition) Once upon a time in a far-away land lived a sweet and pretty girl named Cinderella.

The most beloved princess movie of all time—Disney's Cinderella—is retold in the classic Little Golden Book format. It's perfect for Disney Princess fans ages 2-5, and available just in time for the movie's Diamond Edition DVD and Blu-ray release in fall 2012.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:49 -0400)

With the help of her fairy godmother, a kitchen maid mistreated by her stepmother and stepsisters attends the palace ball where she meets the prince of her dreams.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,251,287 books! | Top bar: Always visible