Direct Hits Toughest Vocabulary of the SAT…

Direct Hits Toughest Vocabulary of the SAT 5th Edition (Volume 2) (edition 2012)

by Direct Hits, Ted Griffith (Editor)

Member:Cheryl-L-B
Title:Direct Hits Toughest Vocabulary of the SAT 5th Edition (Volume 2)
Authors:Direct Hits
Other authors:Ted Griffith (Editor)
Info:Direct Hits Publishing (2012), Paperback, 154 pages

Direct Hits Toughest Vocabulary of the SAT by Direct Hits

Great not only for SAT prep but as a high school home school vocabulary course. Well worth the time. :-) ( )
  TABrowne | Jun 26, 2014 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Excellent review for someone preparing for the SAT or ACT exam. Also could be used for HS vocabulary for homeschoolers. ( )
  rjabpab | Aug 2, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
While we are just getting to the stage of preparing for the all-important SAT, this book provided us with a good idea of some of the more obscure words that my sons can expect to see on the test. It's presented in a manner that will instruct and challenge the student. ( )
  pawood17 | May 27, 2013 |
I received this book as a Goodreads giveaway, and let me tell you I really enjoyed it!

It is so comprehensive and user-friendly. Most resources of this nature simply give the word with its definition and use it in a sentence, but the beautiful thing about this book is how they take the time to weave the vocabulary into descriptions of historical events, movies, and the lives of people we are mostly all familiar with. This method gives you mental cues as to the meanings of the words because you now have multiple real life and memorable things the words are connected with.

Whether you are a student swirling in the depths of SAT preparation or just a person looking to better yourself and build your vocabulary, this is one worth grabbing.

My only bit of negative criticism is that I would have liked to see the pronunciation under (or beside) each of the main vocabulary words. These are some of the toughest vocab words from the SAT, and I always like to know that I'm pronouncing things correctly.

I look forward to adding the first volume from this series to my collection as well! A big thank you to Direct Hits Publishing for creating a resource that will be helping out myself and my family for years to come.

Readers and studiers, enjoy! ( )
  jennifer.a.mcgee | Apr 19, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I try to use this book regularly to enhance my vocabulary with good result when I remember! This is sn excellent resource for both SAT users and word loversof the world. ( )
  mj.greenway | Mar 25, 2013 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Direct Hits Toughest Vocabulary of the SAT 5th Edition by was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,482,418 books! | Top bar: Always visible