Bitter blood : the Morganville vampires by…

Bitter blood : the Morganville vampires (edition 2012)

by Rachel Caine

146None81,444 (4.02)None
Member:chrisv10
Title:Bitter blood : the Morganville vampires
Authors:Rachel Caine
Info:New York : New American Library, c2012.
Rating:***1/2
Tags:vampire, read2012

Bitter Blood by Rachel Caine

Claire is just too good. Okay, this is going to sound bad but Claire needs a little bit of the killing instinct sometimes. (In the fictional sense of course) but I would have let Oliver die already. Claire keeps saving his life and I keep feeling like she shouldn't. I just have a bad feeling that in the end he will be the worst villain the glass house residents will have to go up against. Hopefully I'm wrong. Just had to put my two cents in on that.

Claire, Shane, Eve, and Micheal had a lot to deal with, as usual. Claire is definitely maturing and I know that she is dealing with the way of life in Morganville the best she can. Everyone else can seem to get her and keeps accusing her of taking sides. (I guess I'm in that boat sometimes). I was very proud of the way she dealt with Shane not trusting her, he was a total jerk and I hoped that she wouldn't let him off the hook too easily.

This series is still as compelling as the first book. Where is Rachel Caine getting all this material from? I thoroughly enjoyed Bitter Blood and was very surprised at the route it took by the end.

I wonder what path the series will be taking in the next book(s), especially since it's in it's final stages. Guess I'll have to just wait and see.

chicreader | Jan 21, 2014 |
I really did enjoy this book more than the last one. It was quite an emotional roller coaster. ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Oct 8, 2013 |
*sighs* This might just be the most satisfying volume of this series yet! Have I already said how much I love Claire? She is the best heroine ever! Smart, tough, courageous, generous, loving and never giving up.

This and other reviews can also be found on my blog (un)Conventional Bookviews.

Bitter Blood is the perfect continuation of The Morganville Vampires series. Claire is such a great heroine; she is smart, tough, courageous, loving and never gives up. Her friends are her new family, and it is quite a new adventure they are all facing in this story.

I think this book is the one in this series that surprised me the most! There were quite a few things that happened that I could not at all guess in advance, and I had no idea which character was behind all the mayhem! It was very well written, with enough things to throw me off track, but not entirely in the wrong direction anyway.
  Lexxie | Apr 23, 2013 |
the ending was sad =( ( )
  Punkfarie | Mar 31, 2013 |
the ending was sad =( ( )
  Punkfarie | Mar 29, 2013 |

College student Claire Danvers struggles to remain neutral in the growing conflict between the vampires and humans of Morganville, which is further complicated by the arrival of a ghost-seeking television production crew.

132 wanted2 pay5 pay

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,496,968 books! | Top bar: Always visible