Bitter Blood (Morganville Vampires, Book 13)…

Bitter Blood (Morganville Vampires, Book 13) (edition 2012)

by Rachel Caine

Member:mniday
Title:Bitter Blood (Morganville Vampires, Book 13)
Authors:Rachel Caine
Info:NAL Hardcover (2012), Hardcover, 416 pages
Collections:Dark Fantasy

Bitter Blood by Rachel Caine

Claire is just too good. Okay, this is going to sound bad but Claire needs a little bit of the killing instinct sometimes. (In the fictional sense of course) but I would have let Oliver die already. Claire keeps saving his life and I keep feeling like she shouldn't. I just have a bad feeling that in the end he will be the worst villain the glass house residents will have to go up against. Hopefully I'm wrong. Just had to put my two cents in on that.

Claire, Shane, Eve, and Micheal had a lot to deal with, as usual. Claire is definitely maturing and I know that she is dealing with the way of life in Morganville the best she can. Everyone else can seem to get her and keeps accusing her of taking sides. (I guess I'm in that boat sometimes). I was very proud of the way she dealt with Shane not trusting her, he was a total jerk and I hoped that she wouldn't let him off the hook too easily.

This series is still as compelling as the first book. Where is Rachel Caine getting all this material from? I thoroughly enjoyed Bitter Blood and was very surprised at the route it took by the end.

I wonder what path the series will be taking in the next book(s), especially since it's in it's final stages. Guess I'll have to just wait and see.

GigisIrieReads | Apr 20, 2016 |
Clare, the girls who seems to be the only one who can solve anything is fixing the vamp town again ! After the last book you would think the vamps would be gracious towards the humans. They would be moving forward to continue the vision for the town ? Nope, silly you, now they want to hunt them, control them, go backwards about 20 steps. She this barely legal girl out matches even the oldest vampire, with her massive brain power. WEll, she is smart in many ways except in her choice of men. Shane really brings his inner cavejerk out. "Roar, hear me run away and blame' Shane the Shameful.
Okay so it's the basically the same ole' everyday thing in town, except somebody is manipulating minds. Who ? I can't tell, but it took them long enough to figure it out. Okay so minds are twisted, the town is getting bad (when isn't it?) , so bad even Myrnin is wanting to leave. When he disappears only one person worries for him, guess who ? On his final goodbye scene to Clare, he gives her something to remember him by. (My highlight of the book) So he's out of the story and the town is going coo coo for cocopuffs. There are fights, beatings, rocks thrown, names called and threats. There is a strange TV crew that arrives in town hunting down ghosts. (this was just weird) The ghosts come out and play. Micheal gives a little something to Clare, Shane and Eve go crazy angry. There is more fighting, more words. Clare makes a smart move and.... Phew-
it was nothing new for this old town but it was an exciting read. The saddest part, the outcome for the bunny slippers. ; (...... ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
I really did enjoy this book more than the last one. It was quite an emotional roller coaster.

Read With Me: Bitter Blood ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Apr 17, 2015 |
I wanted to read this one because I had to find out how things were going to change in Morganville. Honestly, was a little wary of the whole tv show angle, because I feel like we've been there before, but I have faith in Rachel.

As it turns out, the biggest issue in the beginning of the book was the changes in Amelie. She seems to have done a big turn around and there are some new and worrying laws and changes being passed. It feels like Claire is pretty hopeless at first, but she is already working on something with Myrnin that shows promise.

With Miranda being a ghost comes in the tv show angle, and that was something that I hadn't really considered. She has always been a little weird and not had many people that hung out with her, and you can see her loneliness especially trapped with two sets of happy couples.

If that storm wasn't enough, the marriage of Michael and Eve has given them new enemies, from both sides--human and vamp. Michael is one of the only vamps that are standing up to the changes which makes it harder for them to fight what's going on.

As usual, the plot and pacing is great. She spends just enough time to give details, set up the next scene, and develop our characters. The romance is great again, and I love Shane and Claire, their devotion to each other, their concern from them.

Monica is a new again player in this one. She is lonely since her brother's passing, and she is noticing the changes and not liking the direction of any of them. So they form an unlikely alliance with the Glass house.

There were a lot of things that went down at the end of the book that had me going wait, what? are you serious? No! Betrayals, mistrust, misunderstandings, new problems for Morganville, and some shake up. I can't wait for the next one and see where it all leads.

Bottom Line: Woah. The unexpected came in this one. ( )
  brandileigh2003 | Jan 11, 2015 |
Yesssss ( )
  CAMMD | Aug 4, 2014 |

College student Claire Danvers struggles to remain neutral in the growing conflict between the vampires and humans of Morganville, which is further complicated by the arrival of a ghost-seeking television production crew.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,259,348 books! | Top bar: Always visible