Last to Die by Tess Gerritsen

Last to Die (original 2012; edition 2013)

by Tess Gerritsen

Member:silversurfer
Title:Last to Die
Authors:Tess Gerritsen
Info:Brilliance Audio on CD Value Priced (2013), Audio CD
Rating:****1/2
Tags:Gerritsen

Last To Die by Tess Gerritsen (2012)

English (29)  Dutch (3)  French (1)  German (1)  All languages (34)
This is the first Tess Gerritsen book I've read and I really liked it. I did not understand the history with Julian or Santano, or even what happened exactly between Jane and Maura but even so, I could still enjoy the story. Three children, Claire, Teddy and Will were the only survivors when their families were murdered and now, two years later, history repeats itself when their three foster families are murdered and they survive yet again. While Maura visits Julian at Evensong, a special school for trauma survivors, she meets Claire and Will and when she learns about the third, similar case, she recommends Jane that Teddy should be brought to the school also, in order to secure his safety. The school’s location is so remote and the school itself seems like an impenetrable castle. But then someone breaks into Jane’s car and other things happen, and it’s clear the children might still be in danger. And what ties them together? It all comes clear in the end.. The plot is far more twisted and complicated than I could have guessed and I loved it, a great thriller. ( )
  Ingstje | Jan 18, 2016 |
The Evensong school, sheltered amid piney woods deep in Maine, is an exclusive school for orphans, but not just any orphans; it is for those children who have lost their families due to murder. At Evensong, run by the Mephisto society, the children are well-protected and are taught survival skills for the time when they return to the outside world. Within the school’s population are 3 children who have been touched by tragedy twice in their short lives, the first when their families were killed and the second when their foster families met the same fate. Boston PD Detective Jane Rizolli and Chief Medical Examiner Laura Isles must find the connection between the three teenagers before the children meet the same violent fate.

I can’t quite put my finger on why I didn’t like this one quite as well as other Rizolli and Isles mysteries. Maybe it was a matter of timing more than anything else since I’ve had the book for quite awhile and made myself finally read it to get it off my shelf. Sometimes that’s not the best reason to read a book. On the whole it was a fairly good mystery and I’m still a Gerritsen fan.
  Ellen_R | Jan 15, 2016 |
I libri della Gerritsen non deludono mai. Thriller veramente ben scritti. ( )
  Angela.Me | Nov 9, 2015 |
Started October 7th, 2012 - this morning after finishing "John Doe" last night.
Great read! Keeps you guessing till near the end. Nice twists. ( )
  Ingo.Lembcke | Oct 27, 2015 |
Can it be a coincidence when three teens end up at a school, each having been the sole survivor of their families' violent murders, followed by the murder of their foster families as well. Rizzoli and Isles get to the bottom of the situation, just in the nick of time, at an isolated Maine boarding school for teen victims. ( )
  sleahey | Mar 22, 2015 |

Tess Gerritsenprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Rekiaro, IlkkaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Ter nagedachtenis aan mijn moeder, Ruby Jui Chiung Tom
In memory of my mother, Ruby Jui Chiung Tom
We noemden hem Icarus.
We called him Icarus.

Visiting sixteen-year-old "Rat" Perkins at isolated Evenson boarding school, Maura Isles is astonished to learn that all of his classmates are survivors of violence and are being instructed in scientific detective skills, a discovery that coincides with Jane Rizzoli's investigation into the murder of a boy's foster family.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,193,842 books! | Top bar: Always visible