Last to Die by Tess Gerritsen

Last to Die (original 2012; edition 2013)

by Tess Gerritsen

Member:aliena0811
Title:Last to Die
Authors:Tess Gerritsen
Info:Brilliance Audio on CD Value Priced (2013), Audio CD
Rating:*****
Tags:2012

Last To Die by Tess Gerritsen (2012)

English (24)  Dutch (3)  French (1)  German (1)  All languages (29)
A thriller with a convoluted story because the CIA is involved. The CIA is always trouble when the police are involved. ( )
  kale.dyer | Jun 20, 2016 |
Anna Fields
  jmail | Mar 21, 2016 |
This is the first Tess Gerritsen book I've read and I really liked it. I did not understand the history with Julian or Santano, or even what happened exactly between Jane and Maura but even so, I could still enjoy the story. Three children, Claire, Teddy and Will were the only survivors when their families were murdered and now, two years later, history repeats itself when their three foster families are murdered and they survive yet again. While Maura visits Julian at Evensong, a special school for trauma survivors, she meets Claire and Will and when she learns about the third, similar case, she recommends Jane that Teddy should be brought to the school also, in order to secure his safety. The school’s location is so remote and the school itself seems like an impenetrable castle. But then someone breaks into Jane’s car and other things happen, and it’s clear the children might still be in danger. And what ties them together? It all comes clear in the end.. The plot is far more twisted and complicated than I could have guessed and I loved it, a great thriller. ( )
  Ingstje | Jan 18, 2016 |
I libri della Gerritsen non deludono mai. Thriller veramente ben scritti. ( )
  Angela.Me | Nov 9, 2015 |
When Maura goes to visit Julian "Rat" Perkins, who she met in a previous book, during a previous case, she discovers that there are secrets in the school he's going to, all the students are survivors. One set of three have survived twice, their families and then their foster families died, what links them and who is trying to kill them?

Maura and Jane have to find out and it won't be easy. There were a lot of twists and turns in it and Maura is questioning her career, and the Mephisto Club may have ideas how to give her another plan. ( )
  wyvernfriend | Feb 9, 2015 |

Tess Gerritsenprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Rekiaro, IlkkaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Ter nagedachtenis aan mijn moeder, Ruby Jui Chiung Tom
In memory of my mother, Ruby Jui Chiung Tom
We noemden hem Icarus.
We called him Icarus.

Visiting sixteen-year-old "Rat" Perkins at isolated Evenson boarding school, Maura Isles is astonished to learn that all of his classmates are survivors of violence and are being instructed in scientific detective skills, a discovery that coincides with Jane Rizzoli's investigation into the murder of a boy's foster family.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 106,808,635 books! | Top bar: Always visible