Last to Die: A Rizzoli & Isles Novel by Tess…

Last to Die: A Rizzoli & Isles Novel (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Tess Gerritsen

Member:Boo2012
Title:Last to Die: A Rizzoli & Isles Novel
Authors:Tess Gerritsen
Info:Ballantine Books (2012), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 352 pages
Collections:Read kindle
Rating:***
Tags:crime

Last to Die by Tess Gerritsen (2012)

Recently added byprivate library, Larissa.Sarah, Detrick, jacobsj, LauraJKeys, Tri-C, annettemills, ME476

English (22)  Dutch (3)  All languages (25)
Another thrilling and engaging book by Tess Gerritsen. I'm always intrigued by what plot lines she can come out with.
The child aspect of this book was creepy to me. As a mother, I tend to worry about my children, and this book just scared me. It wasn't my favorite book of Gerritsen's, but enjoyed it nonetheless. ( )
  jdy | Oct 20, 2014 |
just couldn't get into it. Find all the 'colour' about Rizzoli's family to be annoying and with each book Isles seems less a real character to me.
  mmyoung | Aug 29, 2014 |
For the second time in his short life, Teddy Clock has survived a massacre. Two years ago, he barely escaped when his entire family was slaughtered. Now, at fourteen, in a hideous echo of the past, Teddy is the lone survivor of his foster family's mass murder. Orphaned once more, the traumatized teenager has nowhere to turn - until the Boston PD puts Detective Jane Rizzoli on the case. Determined to protect this young man, Jane discovers that what seemed like a coincidence is instead just one horrifying part of a relentless killer's merciless mission. Jane spirits Teddy to the exclusive Evensong boarding school, a sanctuary where young victims of violent crime learn the secrets and skills of survival in a dangerous world. But even behind locked gates, and surrounded by acres of sheltering Maine wilderness. Jane fears that Evensong's mysterious benefactors aren't the only ones watching. When strange blood-splattered dolls are found dangling from a tree, Jane knows that her instincts are dead on. And when she learns of Will Yablonski and Claire Ward, students whose tragic pasts bear a shocking resemblance to Teddy's, it becomes chillingly clear that a circling predator has more than one victim in mind. Joining forces with her trusted partner, medical examiner Maura Isles, Jane is determined to keep these orphans safe from harm. But an unspeakable secret dooms the children's fate - unless Jane and Maura can finally put an end to an obsessed killer's twisted quest. ( )
  jepeters333 | Jun 11, 2014 |
This is another of those thrilling and compelling stories from Gerritsen about Rizzoli & Isles.
Whenever children are the intended victims of a killer, the story is much more frightening although it could also have been much more over-the-top. Who wants to kill children? And are they safe at the boarding school of the millionaire who may be in love with Isles (or not). I understand that Gerritsen wants to keep the tension about relationships but Dr. Isles really is always unhappy, lonely and sad. That is getting on my mind by know. She doesn’t have to be the over-glee doctor of the tv series, but some joy of life could be part of her story, or not?? ( )
  Kaysbooks | Apr 6, 2014 |
Jane Rizzoli and Maura Isles are once again teamed up in this tale of conspiracy and murder. A number of children whose parents have been killed in suspicious circumstances have been sent to 'Evensong' .This is a secret and highly guarded boarding school which is run by the 'Mephisto' group ( from earlier books)
When suspicious deaths begin to happen in this supposedly safe environment,detective Rizzoli begins to investigate and soon makes some important connections.
A fast-moving and very exciting story-line which stands up well along side her other books. My only slight caveat would be that a knowledge of the earlier books particularly 'The Mephisto Club' would help with understanding the plot of this one a lot. ( )
  devenish | Aug 26, 2013 |

Tess Gerritsenprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Rekiaro, IlkkaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Ter nagedachtenis aan mijn moeder, Ruby Jui Chiung Tom
In memory of my mother, Ruby Jui Chiung Tom
We noemden hem Icarus.
We called him Icarus.

Visiting sixteen-year-old "Rat" Perkins at isolated Evenson boarding school, Maura Isles is astonished to learn that all of his classmates are survivors of violence and are being instructed in scientific detective skills, a discovery that coincides with Jane Rizzoli's investigation into the murder of a boy's foster family.… (more)

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,039,325 books! | Top bar: Always visible