Last to Die: A Rizzoli & Isles Novel by Tess…

Last to Die: A Rizzoli & Isles Novel (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Tess Gerritsen

Title:Last to Die: A Rizzoli & Isles Novel
Authors:Tess Gerritsen
Info:Ballantine Books (2012), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 352 pages
Collections:Read kindle

Last to Die by Tess Gerritsen (2012)

Recently added byINorris, bsiemens, private library, shewby, madcatter, GustavoVega

English (25)  Dutch (3)  German (1)  All languages (29)
Can it be a coincidence when three teens end up at a school, each having been the sole survivor of their families' violent murders, followed by the murder of their foster families as well. Rizzoli and Isles get to the bottom of the situation, just in the nick of time, at an isolated Maine boarding school for teen victims. ( )
  sleahey | Mar 22, 2015 |
When Maura goes to visit Julian "Rat" Perkins, who she met in a previous book, during a previous case, she discovers that there are secrets in the school he's going to, all the students are survivors. One set of three have survived twice, their families and then their foster families died, what links them and who is trying to kill them?

Maura and Jane have to find out and it won't be easy. There were a lot of twists and turns in it and Maura is questioning her career, and the Mephisto Club may have ideas how to give her another plan. ( )
  wyvernfriend | Feb 9, 2015 |
Confusing. Not as much of a thriller as usual either. No Daniel Brophy. Those were the firs three thoughts I had after I finished this most recent entry into the Rizzoli and Isles series of books.

It all starts with a couple of kids and the killing of their parents. And then the killing of the couples that were their adoptive parents. Even for a Tess Gerritsen novel that was a ton of killing, even before the reader got to Rizzoli and Isles.

Rizzoli and Isles' subplot from the previous book is still there, and boy oh boy is it tense between the two. Of course, I do have a small problem with the 'who' story line because I've read every book in the series (some of them twice) and nowhere in the series have Rizzoli and Isles been anywhere near close friends, and all of a sudden they need to 're-become' friends again? In previous books I've been impressed with how Gerritsen kept her book characters from becoming the ones in the TV show (although in a lot of ways I like the show just a smidge more than the books). But, in this book they seemed to be much closer to the TV characters then ever before unfortunately.

But, overall it wasn't a bad plot (although I did have to go back and read the italicized parts once I figured out what the heck was going on in them. That sort of thing is not my favorite story device at all).

Still. For the most part the characters were still good, and I loved that there was no Daniel Brophy in it. And I also really liked the subplot that included Korsak and the rest of the Rizzoli clan, Mama, and wayward Dad. I do wish that that story line had had some closure in it, but, I get that it was a cliffhanger so that Gerritsen could continue the story line in the next book (I hope). ( )
  DanieXJ | Nov 29, 2014 |
Another thrilling and engaging book by Tess Gerritsen. I'm always intrigued by what plot lines she can come out with.
The child aspect of this book was creepy to me. As a mother, I tend to worry about my children, and this book just scared me. It wasn't my favorite book of Gerritsen's, but enjoyed it nonetheless. ( )
  jdy | Oct 20, 2014 |
just couldn't get into it. Find all the 'colour' about Rizzoli's family to be annoying and with each book Isles seems less a real character to me.
  mmyoung | Aug 29, 2014 |

Tess Gerritsenprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Rekiaro, IlkkaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Ter nagedachtenis aan mijn moeder, Ruby Jui Chiung Tom
In memory of my mother, Ruby Jui Chiung Tom
We noemden hem Icarus.
We called him Icarus.

Visiting sixteen-year-old "Rat" Perkins at isolated Evenson boarding school, Maura Isles is astonished to learn that all of his classmates are survivors of violence and are being instructed in scientific detective skills, a discovery that coincides with Jane Rizzoli's investigation into the murder of a boy's foster family.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,775,939 books! | Top bar: Always visible