Edenbrooke by Julianne Donaldson

Edenbrooke (2012)

by Julianne Donaldson

Marianne's visit to a country estate is complicated by an attack from a highwayman, not to mention her own unexpected feelings toward a charming (and occasionally infuriating) stranger.

This Regency was a delightful change of pace for me. Fans of the genre should be sure to look for this one! ( )
  foggidawn | Aug 20, 2017 |
Marianne Daventry hates Bath. But she's been stuck living there with her grandmother since the death of her mother over a year previously and her father's subsequent departure to France. Meanwhile her twin sister Cecily has been in London staying with other relatives and having a grand time. When Marianne is invited to join Cecily in visiting the estate of a close family friend, she's thrilled to go to the country again. But in the course of Marianne's less than smooth journey to Edenbrooke she meets a young man who may just change her life.

This was a cute regency romance. While the writing isn't amazing the plot and characters are compelling and sweet. It was an utterly cozy read. And for those librarian's doing reader's advisory it's one of those rare gentle romances that isn't an inspirational romance. ( )
  MickyFine | Aug 13, 2017 |
It's not often that I find myself squealing and hugging a book upon finishing it. Edenbrooke brought this reaction out in me. I'm not an Austen fan and I'm not super into the regency era, but even I LOVED this! If you love a good love and like feeling happy then you might as well read it. ( )
  Emma_Manolis | Jun 27, 2017 |
A funny, headstrong leading lady and a mischievous gentleman... I read the book in a day and laughed out loud several times. Overall, a very entertaining read! ( )
  ladykat | May 15, 2017 |
I read this for book club. It was actually better than I expected, and even when I knew the author was jerking me around, I cried at the sad parts of the story.
I will probably reread it again, but not right away. ( )
  CarolJMO | Dec 12, 2016 |
It was the oak tree that distracted me.

When Marianne receives an invitation to spend the summer with her twin sister in Edenbrooke, she has no idea of the romance and adventure that await her once she meets the dashing Sir Philip.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 118,652,933 books! | Top bar: Always visible