Edenbrooke by Julianne Donaldson

Authors:Julianne Donaldson
Info:Shadow Mountain (2012), Paperback, 264 pages
Collections:Lovekad

Edenbrooke by Julianne Donaldson

n invitation from her twin sister to join her in the country delighted Marianne Daventry immensely. Escaping both the boredom of Bath and a boring suitor was heaven-sent. But a highwayman starts off a series of events that will change Marianne’s life forever. This tale is filled to the brim with adventure, romance, charming characters, and delightful repartee. The story is sweet without being sappy and thrilling without being graphic. It was pure pleasure from beginning to end. ( )
  Maydacat | Jan 10, 2016 |
Like Jane Austen's books, this took me a while to get into. But it was worth it in the end! ( )
  MeezCarrie | Aug 31, 2015 |
Sissy: I read this book awhile ago and really liked it, but I didn't tell Bubby about it for awhile because she is a Regency romance snob. She is very vocal about the fact that she finds them insipid, inane, redundant, ridiculous.
Bubby: You're right. I don't particularly care for Regency romances. However, this author moved the story along at a quick pace and left out some of the unnecessary elements. Thank you very much, Julianne Donaldson. I loved Edenbrooke. It was divine. (Read full review at www.bubblebath-books.com) ( )
  bubblebathbooks | Jun 24, 2015 |
This book was a delight to read. I can get into this way easier than Pride and Prejudice. NOW I think I understand why people love that story so much. This was simple enough that I didn't have to try to decipher the language but with all the emotion of a great love story. Bonus that it's completely clean! ( )
  KR_Patterson | Apr 28, 2015 |
This kind of book is not really my genre, I can't remember the last time I read a romance beyond Jane Austen. But, this book was recommended to me by several different friends so I finally picked it up. I read it in one Sunday afternoon and thoroughly enjoyed it. It wasn't deep or exceptional, but it was entertaining and clean. Although you know it's going to have a happy ending, it was not completely predictable. A nice way to spend a lazy afternoon. Recommended. ( )
  JenW1 | Mar 3, 2015 |

When Marianne receives an invitation to spend the summer with her twin sister in Edenbrooke, she has no idea of the romance and adventure that await her once she meets the dashing Sir Philip.

193 wanted1 pay2 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,923,330 books! | Top bar: Always visible