Edenbrooke by Julianne Donaldson

Authors:Julianne Donaldson
Info:Shadow Mountain (2012), Paperback, 264 pages
Collections:Lovekad

Edenbrooke by Julianne Donaldson

Altogether decent Regency Romance. Bonus points for banter and for a courteous gentleman suitor. (Sometimes I find the genre forced in regards to gentleman suitors.) ( )
  ewillse | Mar 23, 2014 |
  PatienceFortitude | Mar 6, 2014 |
This book has been sitting on my shelf for a long time. I have noticed that many of my goodreads friends have given it rave reviews and I paid attention. I wanted to read this book.

I have the opportunity to review another of Julianne Donaldson's books later this month and I wanted to read this one first. In my mind I was thinking of it as a way to research.... kind of.

This book is amazing! The romance is perfect. It is sweet, intense. and swoon worthy. The setting is beautiful. I fell in love with the characters and Edenbrooke. I loved everything about this book.

Marianne has mourned the death of her mother for 14 months. She feels abandoned, she feels like she is tolerated, not wanted by anyone. She is brave and true to herself in all things. She loves the countryside and longs to return, to escape Bathe and the social life she has been thrust into.

Phillip has been sought after for his inheritance. He wants to feel wanted and needed for the man who he has become, not for material things. In Marianne he finds a genuine person. This pulls him towards her and life begins to lighten for him.

The book deals with Marianne's doubts about herself and her willingness to put everyone else's needs above her own. Marianne travels through self discovery and begins to understand her worth.

This book is one that will need to be re-read, again and again. ( )
  Bookworm_Lisa | Feb 25, 2014 |

When Marianne receives an invitation to spend the summer with her twin sister in Edenbrooke, she has no idea of the romance and adventure that await her once she meets the dashing Sir Philip.

128 wanted1 pay2 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,653,437 books! | Top bar: Always visible