Confessions of Georgia Nicolson by Louise…

Confessions of Georgia Nicolson (original 1999; edition 2004)

by Louise Rennison

Member:vr427
Title:Confessions of Georgia Nicolson
Authors:Louise Rennison
Info:HarperCollins (2004), Paperback, 512 pages
Rating:*****

Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging by Louise Rennison (1999)

This book was awesome!! I was chuckling to myself while reading it. This is the diary of Georgia Nicolson from England. She is a 14 year old girl.

You follow her through her holidays and school. She talks about boys, lesbians and life as a teenager. I had originally bought this book because of the glossary in the back to learn some English words while reading Harry Potter. I now can't wait to read the other books in this series. ( )
  crazy4reading | Apr 5, 2014 |
Georgia Nicholson is laugh out loud hilarious. She takes herself VERY seriously, and all the "olds" in her life, a.k.a. adults, just do not get it. This book is definitely a glimpse into the mind of a tween, so be prepared.
  LouisVillains | Mar 15, 2014 |
The following quote from the book pretty much sums up my experience while reading it ---- "I smiled and nodded, but I haven't the remotest idea what she is talking about."
Seriously, I have no idea what I read..... ( )
  ginger72 | Mar 13, 2014 |
This is a funny book that I had to read to the end of! It always had me on the edge of my seat and had great and hilarious plots in some parts. I don't really have any specific niggles, but I just felt like it wasn't the most amazing book in the world. Perhaps I'm just not for this genre. Nevertheless, a good book and I would recommend it! ( )
  amberw12346 | Mar 1, 2014 |
This whole series cracks me up. There are so many laugh out loud moments. Georgia is a self centered teen who has a flair for exaggeration. The journal writing style really works in this series. Reading her obsess about the small things reminds me of my own teenage years. ( )
  TheMadHatters | Feb 13, 2014 |
To Mutti and Vati and my little sister, also to Angus. His huge furry outside may have gone to cat heaven, but the scar on my ankle lingers on. Also to Brenda and Jude and the fab gang at Piccadilly. And thanks to John Nicolson.
sunday august 23rd

my bedroom

raining

10:00 a.m.

Dad had Uncle Eddie round, so naturally they had to come and see what I was up to.
He puts his arm around me. I think of putting my arm round him but I don't because I remember the syuffed-olive incident. Then, with his other hand, Peter turns my face towards his. It's a good thing he didn't try that yesterday when I had rigor mortis of the head. Then he says, "Close your eyes and relax."

Presents the humorous journal of a year in the life of a fourteen-year-old British girl who tries to reduce the size of her nose, stop her mad cat from terrorizing the neighborhood animals, and win the love of handsome hunk Robbie.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0064472272, Paperback)

She has a precocious 3-year-old sister who tends to leave wet nappies at the foot of her bed, an insane cat who is prone to leg-shredding "Call of the Wild" episodes, and embarrassing parents who make her want to escape to Stonehenge and dance with the Druids. No wonder 14-year-old Georgia Nicolson laments, "Honestly, what is the point?" A Bridget Jones for the younger set, Georgia records the momentous events of her life--and they are all momentous--in her diary, which serves as a truly hilarious account of what it means to be a modern girl on the cusp of womanhood. No matter that her particular story takes place in England, the account of her experiences rings true across the ocean (and besides, "Georgia's Glossary" swiftly eradicates any language barriers).

The author, Louise Rennison, is a British comedy writer and it shows. Whether Georgia is dealing with wearing a bra ("OK, it's a bit on the loose side and does ride up round my neck if I run for the bus"), pondering kissing and how to know which way to turn your head ("You don't want to be bobbing around like pigeons for hours"), or managing the results of an overzealous eyebrow-plucking episode ("Obviously, now I have to stay in forever"), she always cracks us up. Georgia struggles with the myriad issues facing teen girls--boys, of course being at the forefront--but she does it with such humor and honesty it almost seems like a good time. This refreshingly funny book is ripe for a sequel, which readers will await in droves. (Ages 11 and older). --Brangien Davis

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:40:25 -0400)

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,611,149 books! | Top bar: Always visible