Women Scorned by Angela Alsaleem

Women Scorned (2012)

by Angela Alsaleem (Author)

Member:Iira
Title:Women Scorned
Authors:Angela Alsaleem (Author)
Info:
Rating:***
Tags:e-books

Women Scorned by Angela Alsaleem (2012)

English (43)  Dutch (1)  All languages (44)
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I love horror. I love gore. But both I like in understandable terms. This was just gore for gores sake and not much else. The plot could have gone in so many directions but instead fell flat.
  OracleOfCrows | Sep 21, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received this book for free from library thing.

I'm gonna have to DNF this book. The violence against the women was too much for me. And that is saying a lot because I'm the queen of gore. I felt this book drug on and on and on, not really going anywhere and could have been cut in half and still get the message out there. ( )
  tguinther | Jan 31, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I seldom come across a book that makes my stomach turn; I read a lot of horror and I'd say I tolerate violence pretty well. This one was a true stomach-turner, I read a lot on the bus and I really had to work on keeping a straight face while reading. All and all I liked the story, the characters were well written and the plot was fine. However, at times I just lost interest in the story and just kept on reading waiting to get to the end. I can't really tell what made me lose interest but I think that (and I'd never thought I'd say this) too much violence makes it lose it's power and meaning.
I don't regret reading the book but it didn't leave me much. After a week I hardly remembered the story, I just remembered that it was very graphic. And I really hate the cover. ( )
  Iira | Jan 16, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Some people should not be allowed to write books. This author is one of those people. The book made no sense, was in some places overtly graphic for the shock value, not to contribute to the plot, the characters confusing and the whole plot itself was one vast pit of despair. I normally try to find positive and value to every writers work but I just can't with this one. I did not like this book at all, yet to give it a fair try I read the whole thing with the hopes that it would all make sense in the end. It didn't. This author needs to scrap this idea and start fresh - this time taking time to think out the plot and offer the background necessary to grasp the story. Once that's done then make sure to have someone review, edit and critique the work prior to publishing. ( )
  cwaldrum | Aug 26, 2012 |
Women Scorned by Angela Alsaleem from Journalstone books is for hard core horror fans. The story follows a woman named Camilla who was just murdered, now an ancient spirit possesses her, using her as a tool of vengeance. Tortured by visions of murdered women, she is thrust into a world of terror as she seeks a way to rid herself of the nightmare she has become.

Camilla is still trapped in her body but has no control. In order to live she feeds off of a substance that is on the breath of criminals. This is the least of Camilla’s problems though, because there is a cult stalking the spirit that inhabits Camilla and they plan on using it to release a horde of demons on earth.

I have to warn you on this book you shouldn’t read it if you have a weak stomach because there is a lot of gore here but there is some great characters and its a well written story. Mainly Women Scorned is a tale about revenge and asks the question can you really move on after you punish your enemies. This is a hard core bloody horror novel that will make you squirm in your chair, if you like a lot of violence then pick this one up. ( )
  dwatson2 | Aug 4, 2012 |
Eelah Habibi: Anta oumri
A shriek ripped through the night before it was muffled, then silenced.

After Camilla is murdered, an ancient spirit possesses her, to use her body as its tool of vengeance. Tortured by visions of murdered women, she is thrust into a world of terror as she seeks a way to rid herself of the nightmare she has become. Her dead flesh hungers however for a substance that only exists on the breaths of criminals. Their tortured souls fill her, complete her, injecting her with more energy than she ever possessed while living. Like an addict, she is torn between ending her suffering and tasting retribution. A secret cult in need of her spirit, for an ancient ritual, has sent their Chosen One to capture her, a dark virgin who delights in teaching unwilling victims the pleasures of pain. The spirit inhabiting Camilla?s body is their key to unlocking hell and unleashing a horde of demons into the human realm. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. Camilla learns this first hand on her journey through death and back again. Revenge isn?t always sweet and its bitterness lingers in the soul forever. This book is intended for adults and contains extreme violence, torture and graphic murder scenes. You have been forewarned… (more)

Angela Alsaleem is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Women Scorned by Angela Alsaleem was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,958,583 books! | Top bar: Always visible