Relentless Pursuit: A Novel (Secrets of Roux…

Relentless Pursuit: A Novel (Secrets of Roux River Bayou)

by Kathy Herman

This is the last book in the Secrets of Roux River Bayou series and in all fairness to the author I have not read the other books, so here is my review for this book.I liked it that the police department was not the main character as they are in so many mysteries. I liked that the characters were not all perfect, but were likeable and brave. I did love the Louisiana settings. Great mystery, I will be reading the first two books.

Thanks to Net Galley and David C Cook ( )
  druidgirl | Jul 29, 2012 |
This is the third installment in the Roux River Bayou that has been great fun to read. This book takes the reader back to Louisiana, with all the flavors of the south including hospitality and wonderful Cajun food. Many of the characters from the other novels play a role here, with Zoe’s long lost brother showing up, causing her much anxiety, while the town deals with a killer that laced arsenic in the food at a local buffet as well as several bottles of water. When a killer could strike anywhere, everyone is nervous, and Herman keeps you guessing almost to the end of the book.

Herman’s books make you feel like you dropped down into town and talk to old friends. The characters are warm and believable, as they attempt to deal with strain the way that God chooses to lead them. Great fun, clean reading, I’d recommend this book to anyone that loves a good mystery. ( )
  Glenajo | Jun 10, 2012 |
RELENTLESS PURSUIT by Kathy Herman is a good Christian book. It is Book 3 in the “Secrets of Roux River Bayou” series,see,” False Pretenses”,and “Dangerous Mercy”.I like the way the characters work together,how they prayed for each other,and how they stuck together. This story could be a lesson for all of us, it teaches us all to pray for everybody. A good story.Received for an honest review.
RATING: 4
HEAT RATING: SWEET
REVIEWED BY: DorothyA, My Book Addiction and More ( )
  MyBookAddiction | May 11, 2012 |

Sax Landry left home at seventeen to escape his father’s abuse, leaving his mother and sister to fend for themselves. Now, twenty-eight years later, both parents are dead, and guilt compels him to find his sister and make peace. His search leads to Les Barbes, Louisiana, where authorities fear a bio-terrorist has injected cyanide into juice cartons and fresh produce at the grocery store. People are dead. It’s not safe. Sax stays, fearing death less than living another day without peace. A divine appointment is about to change all that forever.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:56:10 -0400)

Rich with the Cajun flavors of south Louisiana, this final book in the Secrets of Roux River Bayou Series is a story of what it means to find true peace in an uncertain world. Sax Landry left home at seventeen to escape his father's abuse, leaving his mother and sister to fend for themselves. Now, twenty-eight years later, both parents are dead, and guilt compels him to find his sister and make peace. His search leads to Les Barbes, Louisiana, where authorities fear a bio-terrorist has injected cyanide into juice cartons and fresh produce at the grocery store. People are dead. It's not safe. Sax stays, fearing death less than living another day without peace. A divine appointment is about to change all that forever.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,603,585 books! | Top bar: Always visible