The Lady Risks All by Stephanie Laurens

The Lady Risks All (edition 2012)

by Stephanie Laurens

Member:atholgirl
Title:The Lady Risks All
Authors:Stephanie Laurens
Info:Hachette Digital (2012), Kindle Edition, 483 pages

The Lady Risks All by Stephanie Laurens

Neville Roscoe / Miranda Clifford ( )
  Talthor | Jan 1, 2014 |
When Miranda Clifford’s brother goes missing she turns to her enigmatic neighbor, Nevillle Roscoe. Roscoe, once a son of a ducal family now living outside of acceptable society, keeps his past a secret to protect the family he sacrificed everything for. The two go in search of Miranda’s brother and those who took him.

I liked the story, though it was slow in parts (it is a very long book). The flow of the story was such that it keep me engaged to the end. The characters were well formed and the reasons that kept them apart made sense. I was very quickly invested in both of them.

I was not, however, impressed with the love scenes. I admit, I’m a fan of steamy stories, and much prefer a description of what’s actually going on, or a fade to black type thing, rather than flowery metaphor. Especially when the same metaphor is repeated over and over again. In the same scene.

Audiobook specific: It was well read and one of the few read by a male narrator, Matthew Brenher. He did a good job with both the accents as well as handling the female voices. ( )
  dreamweaver529 | Jul 31, 2013 |
all in all this was a pretty good one. not insipid, and had a decent "mystery" tied in. some scenes were overdone, but that's to be expected really. ( )
  librarydanielle | Apr 1, 2013 |
Well Stephanie Laurens I am afraid that after giving you one more chance to redeem yourself in my eyes you have failed. I had hoped that reading your most recent novel, hoping to give you the benefit that perhaps you have amended you style of writing I have been sadly disappointed. Even though I own 28 of your books I am quite certain that the last 9 on my TBR pile will most likely not be read first because I have at least 200+ other books in TBR pile and because quite truthfully I can not stand your style of writing. You get me hooked with your wonderful stories the first half of your book with a very intreeging story line them you start with your over, over, over discribing and repeat, repeat, repeat that dirves me out of my mind! I truely wish you could just tell your story without all the bla bla bla. I go from loving your story for half to three quarters of the book to the last quarter just wanting it to be over and that is not how I enjoy reading, I want to enjoy it right to the last page. So there for, this is GOOD BYE! GOOD BYE! GOOD BYE! ( )
  bkluvr4evr | Mar 19, 2013 |
Gift from Hubby for son's birth.
  zenscribe | Dec 13, 2012 |

Stephanie Laurensprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Brenher, MatthewNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Miranda Clifford, who leads a life of rigid respectability, turns to Neville Roscoe, ruler of London's gambling underworld, for help in finding her missing brother, only to find herself attracted to this disreputable man.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,373,697 books! | Top bar: Always visible