An Amish Kitchen by Beth Wiseman

An Amish Kitchen (edition 2012)

by Beth Wiseman, Amy Clipston, Kelly Long

Member:alekee
Title:An Amish Kitchen
Authors:Beth Wiseman
Other authors:Amy Clipston, Kelly Long
Info:Thomas Nelson (2012), Paperback, 352 pages
Rating:*****

An Amish Kitchen by Beth Wiseman

The stories were sweet. ( )
  cassie.peters1 | Sep 6, 2014 |
This was three short stories in one book. I love that it was three of my favorite Amish authors:

Amy Clipston, Kelly Long and Beth Wiseman.

Each story stood alone with a quick one liner at the very end. There was the Our Daily Bread that all three stories had in common.

The first story was about Fern who was learning from her grandma about home remedies The neighbor who was watching his siblings while his parents were gone had to come by often with the children and their predicaments

The second story about Hannah and a stranger who came to stay at her Bed and Breakfast. He quickly was hired by the brother to help out with repairs and such.

The third story had to do with mending relationships between mother and daughter. Definitely a little humor in this one with George.

For short stories I do not feel that I missed out on them being longer, they did a great job of making the stories complete with the bonus of recipes in the back. ( )
  jnut1 | Mar 4, 2014 |
The old saying that the kitchen is the heart of the home certainly proves to be true in this inspiring collection by three highly acclaimed authors of Amish fiction. Beth Wiseman, Amy Clipston and Kelly Long unite to provide readers with three uplifting tales of Amish life - all focusing on the importance of family and faith, as well as the power of love.

As an undeniable fan of Amish fiction as well as each individual author, I couldn't wait to get this book! And I have to say that I was definitely not disappointed! I was immediately captivated by these endearing tales and filled with the same sense of calm satisfaction that I have come to know from reading numerous books by these wonderful authors.

If you love to read Amish fiction as I do, I guarantee that you will love this charming collection too! And not only do you get three great stories by three talented writers, you also receive 45 Amish recipes to make and share as well. In my opinion it is the complete package! Grab yourself a copy today - you'll be glad you did!

I received this book from NetGalley in return for my honest review. ( )
  kitchenwitch04 | Nov 14, 2013 |
Amish Kitchen

Beth Wiseman, Amy Clipston & Kelly Long

Book Description: The Amish Kitchen is the Heart of the Home – and the Ideal Setting for Stories of Love and Hope. Fall in Paradise, Pennsylvania, always brings a brisk change in the weather. This season also ushers in unexpected visitors, new love, and renewed hope for three women. Fern has a green thumb for growing healing herbs, but longs for love to bloom in her life. Then the next-door neighbor’s oldest son, Abram, comes running into Fern’s kitchen seeking help for his little sister. The crisis soon leads to a promise of romance—until mistrust threatens to end the growing attraction. Nearby, Hannah runs her parents’ bed and breakfast, Paradise Inn—but her life feels nothing like Paradise. She longs for a man of integrity to enter her life, but never expected him to knock on the front door looking for a room. Will she be able trust Stephen with her future once she discovers his mysterious past? When a storm blows a tree onto Eve’s farmhouse, she has little choice but to temporarily move her family into her parents’ home. Outside of cooking together in the kitchen, Eve and her mother can’t agree on anything. But this may be just the recipe for hope in healing old wounds.

Review: This was a fun trilogy. The stories stayed with me even when I went on to my next book. I was getting these stories confused with what I was currently reading, which is the mark of good storytelling. Fern’s story was a lot of fun. It reminds me that even when one thinks there time for marriage is gone and are surprised to find that not to be true. I cried, laughed and rejoiced with all these characters. They truly were their own stories and yet they overlapped with just the right amount of blending to make it believable. Hannah’s story was exciting to see how these two unique characters were going to get along. Hannah’s parents were enjoyable and provided for a cute side story. I liked Eve and felt a bit of connection to her challenges at home. I would recommend this book to anyone.

I would like to thank Booksneeze and Thomas Nelson for allowing me to read and review this book in return for a free copy and I was never asked to write a favorable review by anyone. ( )
  Robin661 | Mar 23, 2013 |
AN AMISH KITCHEN by Beth Wiseman,Amy Clipston and Kelly Long is a wonderful inspirational Amish Romance set in Paradise, Pennsylvania. For a glimpse of hope,delicious Old Order Amish recipes,family,faith,and love follow three women on a journey of forgiveness and healing. Fern,Hannah and Eve will bring a joy to your heart as each struggle for hope,second chances and another chance at love.Written by three powerful and talented authors comes three compelling and endearing novellas of faith,courage,and love. A story set in the heart of the home-the kitchen. A must read for Amish readers as well as romance readers. Received for an honest review from the publisher.

RATING: 4.5

HEAT RATING: SWEET

REVIEWED BY: April, My Book Addiction and More/My Book Addiction Reviews ( )
  MyBookAddiction | Feb 1, 2013 |

Includes three Amish stories -- each celebrating love, family, and faith -- all taking place in a tight-knit community where the kitchen truly is the heart of the home.

104 wanted1 pay2 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,369,128 books! | Top bar: Always visible