Heir to the Empire by Timothy Zahn
Recently added bym0nhawk, Vladimir_Petrov, private library, okami66, Vasher, TwoHeavens, Chris_El, RBeene, chard69

I love this trilogy. ( )
  RBeene | Mar 18, 2015 |
The book that restarted my passion for Star Wars, and the introduction to the Expanded Universe.

After wondering what happened to Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie, R2, 3PO and other once Return of The Jedi ended, Timothy Zahn comes along and starts answering my questions. And what a formidable foe Grand Admiral Thrawn is, a cunning tactician and leader. Even years after this novel was published lots of fans are eager to see this character on film.

Leia expecting twins fathered by Han, twins that represent the next generation of Jedi.

We are also introduced to Mara Jade as another important character for the Expanded Universe.

I will not go into plot details for those that haven't read this book, but it is definitely essential reading in the Saga. Too bad, it is not being used for film canon but will continue as part of Star Wars Legends ( )
  Daalvarez23 | Mar 13, 2015 |
I thought this Star Wars book was awesome. There was so much action and great plot twists that kept me guessing and I really enjoyed the scenes bewteen Luke and Mara Jade. This relationship seems to be a very interesting one that I hope to see evolve in the second book of this trilogy. Plus, I'd like to learn more about this Talon Karrde guy as well. ( )
  TBones | Mar 1, 2015 |
It's five years after Return Of The Jedi : the Rebel Alliance has destroyed the Death Star, defeated Darth Vader and the Emperor, and driven out the remnants of the old Imperial Starlfleet to a distant corner of the galaxy. Princess Leia and Han Solo are married and expecting Jedi Twins. And Luke Skywalker has become the first in a long-awaited line of Jedi Knights. But thousand of light-years away, the last of the emperor's warlords has taken... ( )
  Tutter | Feb 26, 2015 |
Despite the fact that I have been a Star Wars fan since I was a young kid, I never got around to reading any of the books. I can't really pin point why I didn't. I believe part of it was not knowing where to start and part of me wasn't sure if I was ready to cross the line from nerd to super nerd. Whatever it was, I'm over it now.

When I decided to finally sink my teeth into the Star Wars books, I consulted the internet looking for people who knew what they were talking about. Everywhere I looked they recommended the Thrawn Trilogy. It also helped that a friend of mine had told me to read it as well. So, I checked it out from my local library, not really expecting much from it. I was pleasantly surprised.

I was immediately sucked back into the world of Star Wars with all the same characters that I have always loved. Zahn does an amazing job with the dialogue and obviously made sure only have the characters say things that we can actually see them saying. He did a fantastic job with Han Solo.

Zahn also introduced a new character, named Grand Admiral Thrawn, who is amazing. Technically, he is the bad guy who it working for the Empire but his character is fascinating. I believe that he makes a great addition to the universe in that he is enough of a military genius to keep the alliance on their toes, and sometimes wins, but he's not perfect which makes him a better character.

I also had the pleasure of reading the 20th anniversary edition of this book, which had notes by the author in the margins. It was a lot of fun to read about what his thought process was when writing certain parts and his time working with George Lucas and the gang to make everything as accurate as possible. He even pointed out some references to the films that he makes that I wouldn't have caught.

Reading this book was a great way to start on the Star Wars books and I have the second one waiting on my shelf ready to read when I'm ready for it. I would recommend this series to any Star Wars fans that want to get into reading some of the books or who are just interested in reading what happens to their favorite characters after the movies ended. You will not regret it. ( )
  kell1732 | Jan 25, 2015 |

Setterborg, ElisabetTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Setterborg, GabrielTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Thompson, MarcNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
"Captain Pellaeon?"

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0553296124, Mass Market Paperback)

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:36:25 -0400)

It's five years after Return of the Jedi: the Rebel Alliance has destroyed the Death Star, defeated Darth Vader and the Emperor, and driven out the remnants of the old Imperial Starfleet to a distant corner of the galaxy. Princess Leia and Han Solo are married and expecting Jedi Twins. And Luke Skywalker has become the first in a long-awaited line of Jedi Knights. But thousand of light-years away, the last of the emperor's warlords has taken command of the shattered Imperial Fleet, readied it for war, and pointed it at the fragile heart of the new Republic. For this dark warrior has made two vital discoveries that could destroy everything the courageous men and women of the Rebel Alliance fought so hard to build. The explosive confrontation that results is a towering epic of action, invention, mystery, and spectacle on a galactic scale--in short, a story worthy of the name Star Wars.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,258,157 books! | Top bar: Always visible