Member:
Authors:
Info:
Collections:

Heir to the Empire by Timothy Zahn

I remember being in Elementary school and seeing a classmate reading this book. When I saw the words, Star Wars I immediately asked, what was it about. He was only in the middle of the book but said it was good. That was the first time I recall wanting to punch someone in the face and steal their book. Later I found the book at a bookstore and bought it. After loving this book I bought many other Star Wars novels afterwards. All hoping to recapture that joy of reading this book. That hasn't happened but I still love this book. And thankfully I didn't have to hurt anyone to enjoy it. ( )
  Kurt.Rocourt | May 22, 2015 |
This book is responsible for the Star Wars revival in the 1990s, giving it a plethora of high praise from all around. However, reading the novel in 2015 gives a different vibe. I read this book in prep for The Force Awakens, just to see what the expanded universe was like post ROTJ before it was erased. Zahn is a great author and the writing is superb. Grand Admiral Thrawn and Mara Jade are definitely characters that stand out in the novel and I wish could make it back into the new expanded universe. Apart from those two characters, the story follows the original film cast and also deals with the struggling New Republic and the defeated Empire fighting for dominance in the galaxy. I enjoying the majority of the book with the exception of Leia’s storyline and the Jedi Master clone that is introduced only to play a small part in the overall plot of the book. A very interesting and fun read for those curious about the old expanded storylines, but not a recommended story for new readers. ( )
  JLMess | Apr 27, 2015 |
I love this trilogy. ( )
  RBeene | Mar 18, 2015 |
The book that restarted my passion for Star Wars, and the introduction to the Expanded Universe.

After wondering what happened to Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie, R2, 3PO and other once Return of The Jedi ended, Timothy Zahn comes along and starts answering my questions. And what a formidable foe Grand Admiral Thrawn is, a cunning tactician and leader. Even years after this novel was published lots of fans are eager to see this character on film.

Leia expecting twins fathered by Han, twins that represent the next generation of Jedi.

We are also introduced to Mara Jade as another important character for the Expanded Universe.

I will not go into plot details for those that haven't read this book, but it is definitely essential reading in the Saga. Too bad, it is not being used for film canon but will continue as part of Star Wars Legends ( )
  Daalvarez23 | Mar 13, 2015 |
I thought this Star Wars book was awesome. There was so much action and great plot twists that kept me guessing and I really enjoyed the scenes bewteen Luke and Mara Jade. This relationship seems to be a very interesting one that I hope to see evolve in the second book of this trilogy. Plus, I'd like to learn more about this Talon Karrde guy as well. ( )
  TBones | Mar 1, 2015 |

Setterborg, ElisabetTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Setterborg, GabrielTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Thompson, MarcNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
"Captain Pellaeon?"

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0553296124, Mass Market Paperback)

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:36:25 -0400)

It's five years after Return of the Jedi: the Rebel Alliance has destroyed the Death Star, defeated Darth Vader and the Emperor, and driven out the remnants of the old Imperial Starfleet to a distant corner of the galaxy. Princess Leia and Han Solo are married and expecting Jedi Twins. And Luke Skywalker has become the first in a long-awaited line of Jedi Knights. But thousand of light-years away, the last of the emperor's warlords has taken command of the shattered Imperial Fleet, readied it for war, and pointed it at the fragile heart of the new Republic. For this dark warrior has made two vital discoveries that could destroy everything the courageous men and women of the Rebel Alliance fought so hard to build. The explosive confrontation that results is a towering epic of action, invention, mystery, and spectacle on a galactic scale--in short, a story worthy of the name Star Wars.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,857,852 books! | Top bar: Always visible