Wish You Were Eyre (Mother Daughter Book…

Wish You Were Eyre (Mother Daughter Book Club) (edition 2012)

by Heather Vogel Frederick

36None318,977 (4.75)2
Member:katagirl
Title:Wish You Were Eyre (Mother Daughter Book Club)
Authors:Heather Vogel Frederick
Info:Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers (2012), Hardcover, 464 pages
Rating:*****

Wish You Were Eyre by Heather Vogel Frederick

I am in the acknowledgements which means that this book is awesome!

Okay since that does not constitute a book review or anything except gloating I will review the book. The girls are reading Jane Eyre and there is excitement in Concord, there is a French exchange student Sophie who comes to stay with Megan and her family. Each of the girls learn a lesson relating to Jane Eyre. Megan gets to go to Paris with Gigi for Fashion Week and the descriptions of Paris made me miss it so much. I also loved Becca's trip to Minneapolis and Mankato.

I like the progression of Becca's character and that she really has become less of a brat as the years go by. I love the literary names of the characters that we run into.

This really is a great series of books. It is a great way to get girls interested in reading the classics mentioned in these books too. ( )
  matamgirl | Apr 3, 2013 |
I've enjoyed this whole series, but this one the most, since it includes references to so many of my favorite things--Jane Eyre, Betsy-Tacy, The Wizard of Oz. and the idea of the "After Library." ( )
  Dandelion_Cottage | Mar 30, 2013 |
I enjoyed reading this book. To me it was a great ending to n awesome series. ( )
  Dauntless | Feb 11, 2013 |
wonderful book! my fav. of the series, heather is amazing! ( )
  katagirl | Nov 29, 2012 |

As the mother-daughter book club reads Jane Eyre, the girls and some of their mothers are involved in some serious competitions, Becca finds romance when the Wyoming pen pals come for a visit, and a wedding brings the British Berkeley brothers and even Stinkerbelle to Concord.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,493,356 books! | Top bar: Always visible