Darkness Hunts: A Dark Angels Novel by Keri…

Darkness Hunts: A Dark Angels Novel (edition 2012)

by Keri Arthur

Member:dearheart
Title:Darkness Hunts: A Dark Angels Novel
Authors:Keri Arthur
Info:Signet Select (2012), Mass Market Paperback, 400 pages
Tags:Kindle

Darkness Hunts by Keri Arthur

Recently added byprivate library, Glennis.LeBlanc, Nemerith, AmandaPS, aholsonback, nix14, karyanca, amyg5587

The fourth book picks right up after the last one and has Risa frustrated with the case of the hunt for the keys and her attraction for Azriel. No real progress on the keys front but she ends up getting involved with solving a murder for the Directorate that also dovetails with the work she does for vampire council as well. I have a feeling that not much with the keys will get done until the book series is almost done but I wouldn't be surprised if another love interest comes into the scene since Lucian was booted to the street. Light fluffy reading when I need brainless storytelling before bed. ( )
  Glennis.LeBlanc | Jul 8, 2014 |
Darkness Hunts is the fourth book of the Dark Angel series about Risa Jones, half-werewolf and half-Aedh woman who was in an unfortunate circumstance that involved with her existence as the daughter of an Aedh who had created several keys that could unlock and lock the doors between the realms where everyone wanted her for the power to wield the keys. All include the vampire council, the Raziqs, other kind of monsters and also the heavens where a reaper Azriel were sent down to shadow Risa wherever she goes. However, bad things tailed her wherever she goes, starting from her father trying to launch her into finding the missing keys and the unexplained slaughter of her mother, the attraction between a fallen Aedh, Lucian that spiraled her down into a mess when Lucian himself isn’t what he seems, to the Raziqs tortures and her friends problems that seemed to have come from the mess she was in. Risa was in an ultimate limbo where she was in the middle of everything where her world had turned a full 180 degrees around her.

In this book, we are focused on the previous books about the ley lines and Risa’s inability to communicate with the dead. When she astral projected herself to talk to someone who had died in the previous book, she heard a scream and when she decided to investigate it, she found herself with an unknown adversary who taunted her to save the woman’s life. When Risa tried to save the woman, she was too late. The killer then found ways to taunt Risa via the directorate where he had already developed a reputation as a serial killer and offered Risa another chance to save the life of his future victims. If she was fast enough that is…

I had my suspicion on Lucian and this mirrors with Azriel’s frustration with Risa’s relationship with the Aedh and their new problem of assimilating with each other that made the reaper and Risa’s attraction becoming more forbidden. But Risa began to notice that Lucian might have done something to her that made him irresistible to her and I was glad that this book pan out with that line of the story. He had become one of my suspect in the book and he does get even more suspicious than ever.

As for the mystery plot, I do enjoy the cat and mouse chase between Risa and the unknown serial killer. But the overall plot about the keys became stunted since Risa’s became embedded by the device that warned her father’s presence to the Razan.

I did enjoy the mystery more than the story about the whole key mess and since the book have three more in the series, it does hooked me as a crime story than as a paranormal book so I will wait for the subsequent installments of the series to satisfy my curiousity. ( )
  aoibhealfae | Sep 23, 2013 |

aoibhealfae | Sep 23, 2013 |
The back story of locating the keys to the portals to Heaven and Hell continue in the book, along with trying to locate the sorcerer who stole the first key from Risa. Everyone wants the keys found, and all for different reasons. Risa is struck between a rock and a hard place when few who want it have any problem with threatening her friends to get her to do their bidding.

Risa, half Helki werewolf and half Aedh, uses Astral Travel for the first time in order to speak to a ghost, whom she hopes has some information that will help her figure out the persona the sorcerer will be taking on next. She manages to run into a serial killer while on this plane, one that the Directorate is trying to catch. The faceless killer has decided that playing a game to have Risa try to find his next victim before they’re killed will be fun. This guy’s ability means no one is safe.

There’s plenty of action, sexual tension, and emotions in this one as Risa is exhausted, not getting the food and rest she needs since all of this started, and it’s making an impact on her. We finally learn more about Lucien’s motives and how strongly Azriel feels for her. We also get more interaction with the older characters; Rhoan, Riley, Quinn and even Jack.

Each book seems to get a little darker and the path Risa is being forced to follow could easily have her walking carefully to not become dark herself.

I enjoyed the story, reading it in one sitting. The stress from constant threats to herself and friends, as well as her exhaustion makes her seem more real, as does the frustration with Azriel and what she wants from him; something that might be changing in the next book. ( )
  dearheart | Nov 11, 2012 |
On top of trying to find the missing keys for her psycho Dad Risa now has a serial killer messing with her, sending her on wild goose chases to save his victims and waiting for his chance to take her on. I really have enjoyed following Risa's story and I can not imagine anyone not loving this series. I would recommend starting from book one to make sure you don't get lost at any point in the story.

Risa has zero downtime as usual. In the very first chapter Risa meets the new murdering stalker. I am a huge fan of Arthur's Riley Jenson Guardian Series so I absolutely love that the characters are also involved in this one. The love triangle between Risa, Azriel and Lucian is hopefully gone for good. I must admit I have been way over Lucian for a few books now and I'm SO HAPPY for the revelations that come to light in DARKNESS HUNTS. I still love the frustrating reaper Azriel. Him and Risa have a fantastic connection and a lot is revealed about the Reaper and his feelings. There is once again more hints at the reason for their connection and I really hope the full extent of it is revealed soon. Risa once again finds herself in the hands of the enemies. How many times can one person get kidnapped by the same people? Its starting to get a bit ridiculous that they keep getting her away from Azriel.

DARKNESS HUNTS was filled from start to finish with action. Risa gets in to some pretty sticky situations as usual and thankfully comes out ahead once again with all those she cares about safe. DARKNESS UNMASKED is set to release June 2013. ( )
  STACYatUFI | Nov 9, 2012 |

Risa Jones, half-Aedh/half-werewolf, can enter the realm between life and death. She can speak to the dying and the dead, and she can see the Reapers, collectors of souls. What she can not yet see is the identity of a stranger murdering women and draining their blood. Now Risa must summon her gifts to find him, even if it means putting her own life in danger. But Risa needn’t look far. The killer knows who she is.

He tells her his victims are infected by darkness and he’s fated to destroy them. Fascinated by Risa, he engages her in a sinister game: the chance to save the life of his next victim by deciphering his series of clues. In a race against time, she enlists the help of the Reaper Azriel.

But as an attraction between them grows, so does the fear that the stranger’s motives are only part of a larger, more dangerous scheme—one that has lured Risa and Azriel into the dark.

A "New York Times"-bestselling author returns to the enthralling Guardian World and a twilight realm of danger and desire, in this fourth installment of her wildly popular series.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,482,991 books! | Top bar: Always visible