Darkness Hunts: A Dark Angels Novel by Keri…

Darkness Hunts: A Dark Angels Novel (edition 2012)

by Keri Arthur

1058114,970 (4)1
Member:dearheart
Title:Darkness Hunts: A Dark Angels Novel
Authors:Keri Arthur
Info:Signet Select (2012), Mass Market Paperback, 400 pages
Tags:Kindle

Darkness Hunts by Keri Arthur

An astral killer has set his eyes on Risa and he is taunting the Directorate at the same time.
Darkness Hunts starts with Risa trying to talk to a lost one (a ghost of a man who wasn't to supposed to die, so there was no reaper to lead him away). She interrupts a killer on the astral plane and, unfortunately for her, the encounter intrigues him. As she explains to Ilianna he is 'someone who brings a very fresh approach to the business of being insane.'
How the killer knows everything about her weapons is not explained. I can understand everything else (he does have a hacker accomplice, after all), but that particular titbit is not widely known.

As for the search for the keys storyline, finally the events are moving forward. Risa finally finds out more about her father's past and about Lucian (now, that part was particular satisfying).
There are many changes in Darkness Hunts, both around Risa and within her. Some of those changes are left unexplored here, but that takes nothing out of the story. It only leaves a reader waiting for more.

This book has a very satisfying ending regarding the villain. And a very satisfying ending overall. ( )
  Aneris | Aug 12, 2016 |
I was a good third of the way into the book when I realized I was having to force myself to continue reading. It's not that its a bad book, I just wasn't in the mood for this type of book. It was a library book so felt I had to read it. Jumped to the end and read the last bit and then returned it. ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |
The fourth book picks right up after the last one and has Risa frustrated with the case of the hunt for the keys and her attraction for Azriel. No real progress on the keys front but she ends up getting involved with solving a murder for the Directorate that also dovetails with the work she does for vampire council as well. I have a feeling that not much with the keys will get done until the book series is almost done but I wouldn't be surprised if another love interest comes into the scene since Lucian was booted to the street. Light fluffy reading when I need brainless storytelling before bed. ( )
  Glennis.LeBlanc | Jul 8, 2014 |
Darkness Hunts is the fourth book of the Dark Angel series about Risa Jones, half-werewolf and half-Aedh woman who was in an unfortunate circumstance that involved with her existence as the daughter of an Aedh who had created several keys that could unlock and lock the doors between the realms where everyone wanted her for the power to wield the keys. All include the vampire council, the Raziqs, other kind of monsters and also the heavens where a reaper Azriel were sent down to shadow Risa wherever she goes. However, bad things tailed her wherever she goes, starting from her father trying to launch her into finding the missing keys and the unexplained slaughter of her mother, the attraction between a fallen Aedh, Lucian that spiraled her down into a mess when Lucian himself isn’t what he seems, to the Raziqs tortures and her friends problems that seemed to have come from the mess she was in. Risa was in an ultimate limbo where she was in the middle of everything where her world had turned a full 180 degrees around her.

In this book, we are focused on the previous books about the ley lines and Risa’s inability to communicate with the dead. When she astral projected herself to talk to someone who had died in the previous book, she heard a scream and when she decided to investigate it, she found herself with an unknown adversary who taunted her to save the woman’s life. When Risa tried to save the woman, she was too late. The killer then found ways to taunt Risa via the directorate where he had already developed a reputation as a serial killer and offered Risa another chance to save the life of his future victims. If she was fast enough that is…

I had my suspicion on Lucian and this mirrors with Azriel’s frustration with Risa’s relationship with the Aedh and their new problem of assimilating with each other that made the reaper and Risa’s attraction becoming more forbidden. But Risa began to notice that Lucian might have done something to her that made him irresistible to her and I was glad that this book pan out with that line of the story. He had become one of my suspect in the book and he does get even more suspicious than ever.

As for the mystery plot, I do enjoy the cat and mouse chase between Risa and the unknown serial killer. But the overall plot about the keys became stunted since Risa’s became embedded by the device that warned her father’s presence to the Razan.

I did enjoy the mystery more than the story about the whole key mess and since the book have three more in the series, it does hooked me as a crime story than as a paranormal book so I will wait for the subsequent installments of the series to satisfy my curiousity. ( )
  aoibhealfae | Sep 23, 2013 |

aoibhealfae | Sep 23, 2013 |

Risa Jones, half-Aedh/half-werewolf, can enter the realm between life and death. She can speak to the dying and the dead, and she can see the Reapers, collectors of souls. What she can not yet see is the identity of a stranger murdering women and draining their blood. Now Risa must summon her gifts to find him, even if it means putting her own life in danger. But Risa needn’t look far. The killer knows who she is.

He tells her his victims are infected by darkness and he’s fated to destroy them. Fascinated by Risa, he engages her in a sinister game: the chance to save the life of his next victim by deciphering his series of clues. In a race against time, she enlists the help of the Reaper Azriel.

But as an attraction between them grows, so does the fear that the stranger’s motives are only part of a larger, more dangerous scheme—one that has lured Risa and Azriel into the dark.

A "New York Times"-bestselling author returns to the enthralling Guardian World and a twilight realm of danger and desire, in this fourth installment of her wildly popular series.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,501,850 books! | Top bar: Always visible